Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't changed it yet
okay well tell me when you do and we'll see if it works or not. I'm not really focusing on compatibility between different plugins atm.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do I have to change every line with the given code?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do I have to change every line with the given code?
every line in that plugin yes. Just convert the x,y,width,height into a rectangle as shown

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I changed everything you said about x, y and weight, but got this error
rmmz_managers.js:2030 ReferenceError: x is not defined
at Window_AchievementTitle.initialize (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2675)
at new Window_AchievementTitle (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2668)
at Scene_Achievements.createWindows (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2627)
at Scene_Achievements.create (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2616)
at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rmmz_managers.js:2084)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rmmz_managers.js:2056)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rmmz_managers.js:1938)
at Function.Graphics._onTick (rmmz_core.js:800)
at TickerListener.emit (pixi.js:9474)
at Ticker.update (pixi.js:9928)

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
did you change the function to this?
Code:
Window_AchievementTitle.prototype.initialize = function() {
	var x = Math.round(eval(Horsti.AS.titleX));
	var y = Math.round(eval(Horsti.AS.titleY));
	var rectA= new Rectangle(x, y, this.windowWidth(), this.windowHeight())
	Window_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this, rectA);
	this._openness = 255;
	this.refresh();
	this.open();
};
because if so I have no clue why it thinks x is undefined.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Whoops! I guess I didn't and just overwrite everything different and what did I do wrong this time.

rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
at Function.values (<anonymous>)
at Window_AchievementData.Window_Selectable.<computed>.<computed> [as hideNewLabelSprites] (VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore.js:2672)
at Window_AchievementData.Window_Selectable.<computed>.<computed> [as refresh] (VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore.js:2672)
at Window_AchievementData.initialize (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2887)
at new Window_AchievementData (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2875)
at Scene_Achievements.createWindows (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2629)
at Scene_Achievements.create (HO_AchievementSystem.js:2616)
at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rmmz_managers.js:2084)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rmmz_managers.js:2056)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rmmz_managers.js:1938)

Maybe you can tweak it for me because I'm not much of a coder

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well seems like VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore just doesn't like it. Sorry, but nothing I can do there.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I am happy to say I'm about 95% sure that word wrap is finally working properly in message core with fast text
dHlF0YW.png

If someone would be willing to stress test it I'd appreciate it.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would give it a try with loads of lorem ipisum

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't mean to complain but I cannot get this to work with Mog Hunter's Liner Motion battle system it just keeps giving me this error. What I am doing wrong?

Error.png

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tried that one yet, I'll take a look at his project.

EDIT: I just put up
which might help with MZ/MV window cross-compatibility. No promises, it's a rough draft at this point.

Last edited:

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait a minute does that mean that there's a possibility that my database will be wiped?!?!1620674034929.png
Also, now I feel like I have to make my own bestiary by google docs. 1620674518350.png

Last edited:

hyacinthh

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,

I've had this reported before. Are you using a plugin that does word wrap (MZ or MV)? If so, turn off wordwrap before reaching the shakeytext, and enable it afterwards. I still haven't worked out the kinks for getting wordwrap to work in general, and sometimes it has glitchy interactions with other plugins.

Hi! So sorry for the late reply!

Unfortunately even with all my other plugins turned off, the shaking text still likes to overlap onto the other text boxes. I thought it might be something to do with the YEP message core, but word wrapping is off :(

Here's a screenshot of the plugins and the arrangement, maybe I'm doing something wrong there?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 4.29.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 4.29.32 PM.png
    255 KB · Views: 5

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reid looks in the mirror!
0Nxz0w9.png

Horrified by his bad haircut, he drinks to forget!
tX11pKc.png

Perhaps a little too much.
83dXMG5.png

So yeah, I got Gimmer's mirror effect and drunk effect plugins working.

They're a couple of fun little features to add some visual flair. You'll need Gimmer Core to make them work.
Wait a minute does that mean that there's a possibility that my database will be wiped?!?!
No, sorry, I'll clear that up.

Basically the issue is that MZ window functions take in one argument for size, and MV window functions use four of them.

So when MZ code does stuff with windows, it will often lose the other three when handing things between functions (because it doesn't expect the other 3 to exist).

What beastbook are you trying to use? STV_Beastbook should be working unless some update I did accidentally broke it.

EDIT: tested, it still works. What's your plugin order?

Hi! So sorry for the late reply!

Unfortunately even with all my other plugins turned off, the shaking text still likes to overlap onto the other text boxes. I thought it might be something to do with the YEP message core, but word wrapping is off :(

Here's a screenshot of the plugins and the arrangement, maybe I'm doing something wrong there?

Put post_messagecore right after messagecore (and before shakeytext). Grab the latest version as well, it's improved.

Fossil_Pre should go ALL the way at the start, if you are using messagecore the order should be

-Fossil_Pre
MV plugins
-Fossil_Pre_MessageCore
MessageCore + YEP_X messagecore exentions
-Fossil_Post_MessageCore
More MV plugins
-Fossil_Post
MZ plugins
-WindowFixer (optional, only if you have window size issues due to mixing plugins)

Shakeytext works for me both with and without message core (or word wrap) now.
nPYbvdE.png

UBAyVa1.png

Last edited:

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I keep getting a syntax error when i try to play the game

a3xgf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was trying to make this plugin, PIXI SpriteSheetsAnimations, work using Fossil, but the game doesn't go past new game. I tried on a blank project with just Fossil Pre, PIXI SpriteSheetsAnimations and Fossil Post, but it doesn't work.

There is a debug line in the js with a comment to delete which gives an error even before the mainscreen, but after deleting it, there is the mentioned error.

Error is:
TypeError
this._balloonSprites is not iterable
There is an option that say that without animations may give problems if on, so I turned it off from the beggining, so it isn't the problem.

Tried without Fossil and it is the exact same error.

I haven't found anything equivalent for MZ. Dragonbones is similar reagrdina usin animations as sprites, but it doesn't allow frame animations like this plugin, only those made with dragonbones, and I am rendering my animations, so Dragonbones won't work at all for my project.

I guess it may be hard to make it work, but regarding MV and MZ environments I am still a newbie, so maybe it isn't that much of an issue.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was trying to make this plugin, PIXI SpriteSheetsAnimations, work using Fossil, but the game doesn't go past new game. I tried on a blank project with just Fossil Pre, PIXI SpriteSheetsAnimations and Fossil Post, but it doesn't work.

There is a debug line in the js with a comment to delete which gives an error even before the mainscreen, but after deleting it, there is the mentioned error.

Error is:

There is an option that say that without animations may give problems if on, so I turned it off from the beggining, so it isn't the problem.

Tried without Fossil and it is the exact same error.

I haven't found anything equivalent for MZ. Dragonbones is similar reagrdina usin animations as sprites, but it doesn't allow frame animations like this plugin, only those made with dragonbones, and I am rendering my animations, so Dragonbones won't work at all for my project.

I guess it may be hard to make it work, but regarding MV and MZ environments I am still a newbie, so maybe it isn't that much of an issue.

I'll take a look but it probably will be too difficult. Do you have a demo project I can work with? The link in the OP is dead.

a3xgf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll take a look but it probably will be too difficult. Do you have a demo project I can work with? The link in the OP is dead.
I downloaded the unCompress dev plugin only because the sample project is down. I tried to follow the video, but if the game doesn't go past the start screen there is not much I can do to test. I will try to ask the creator if it is possible to reupload the sample project.

Edit: I created a project with MV and put the plugin there, same config and no animations set, and in MV doesn't give the error, so there is a problem of compatibility even before being able to put any animations.

Edit2: I am testing on MZ by commenting parts of the code to try to find where is the error, and having uncommented until line 1936 doesn't provoke the crash, same with having from 1997 onwards uncommented (PIXI_extras_AnimatedSprite section).

The culprit seems to be on Sprite_Character_Spriteset_Map between those two sections, as while having only that part commented it doesn't crash. Excluding comments, the code that provokes the error is between 1944 and 1992.

I don't know if it works or not, but at least it isn't instacrash after new game just due to having the plugin active.

Edit3: Managed to cut it down further. The mentioned error is provoked by the lines of code between 1944 and 1947.

It is really two lines of code, so if that is the only problem, I think there is only need to fix these two lines. I don't even know what is their funtion on the script at a whole, but shouln't influence any outside ot the Sprite_Character_Spriteset_Map section.

Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() { Spriteset_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this); };

Here it is the problem, one of these two lines, or both, provokes instacrash with MZ after starting game.

Most likely Spriteset_Base is the culrpit as it isn't used anywhere else of the scripr, while Spriteset_Map is.

Edit4.
I managed to fix it with nothing commented. Now I need to check if it works as expected, but no crashing is already a big thing.
There have been a chance on how Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() works.

On MV it was required:
Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() { Spriteset_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this); };

However, on MZ, it is required:
Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() { Spriteset_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this); this._balloonSprites = []; };

Any plugin that used the MV version will fail to work due to the lack of that extra line there that the new core requires.

I can just add the line it manually for my project, but it would be great is Fossil added it when a plugin use this and lacks the line as to improve general compatibility, and not everyone dares to touch the plugin files. There is no default launch errors even without using Fossil (I guess because the plugin requires updating MV Pixi to v5 and MZ used v5 by default).

Now I need try if it works properly, not only not crashes

Edit5: Well, as expected, when I try to put animations it doesn't work.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'texture' of undefined
Although most likely it is me doing something wrong because I get the same error on MV.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Vaguely toying with demon/tiefling type parts but will probably work on something else first because eventually I'm going to have to make wings and I don't feel up to it yet. In the meantime, this guy:

TestChara-15.gif

I ended up reworking the interface, and Poppet's animations so she has a wand now and waves it to fire a shot. Also I gave her a shadow. Still have to rerender other stuff with shadows but eh.... I like her new "pew pew" wand. :LZSexcite:
PSA: please stop putting the word 'Eternal' in your game titles.
RMMZ: "Simple enough for a child!"
also RMMZ: "What, you're trying to make an RPG and you didn't know about Euler angles?"
I kinda spent the day having my own little gamejam and came up with this Catastrophe!

GZOq45s.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuddyKoeol