hyacinthh

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Put post_messagecore right after messagecore (and before shakeytext). Grab the latest version as well, it's improved.

Fossil_Pre should go ALL the way at the start, if you are using messagecore the order should be

-Fossil_Pre
MV plugins
-Fossil_Pre_MessageCore
MessageCore + YEP_X messagecore exentions
-Fossil_Post_MessageCore
More MV plugins
-Fossil_Post
MZ plugins
-WindowFixer (optional, only if you have window size issues due to mixing plugins)
oh my gosh, thank you so much!! works perfectly now!! :D

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the unCompress dev plugin only because the sample project is down. I tried to follow the video, but if the game doesn't go past the start screen there is not much I can do to test. I will try to ask the creator if it is possible to reupload the sample project.

Edit: I created a project with MV and put the plugin there, same config and no animations set, and in MV doesn't give the error, so there is a problem of compatibility even before being able to put any animations.

Edit2: I am testing on MZ by commenting parts of the code to try to find where is the error, and having uncommented until line 1936 doesn't provoke the crash, same with having from 1997 onwards uncommented (PIXI_extras_AnimatedSprite section).

The culprit seems to be on Sprite_Character_Spriteset_Map between those two sections, as while having only that part commented it doesn't crash. Excluding comments, the code that provokes the error is between 1944 and 1992.

I don't know if it works or not, but at least it isn't instacrash after new game just due to having the plugin active.

Edit3: Managed to cut it down further. The mentioned error is provoked by the lines of code between 1944 and 1947.

It is really two lines of code, so if that is the only problem, I think there is only need to fix these two lines. I don't even know what is their funtion on the script at a whole, but shouln't influence any outside ot the Sprite_Character_Spriteset_Map section.

Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() { Spriteset_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this); };

Here it is the problem, one of these two lines, or both, provokes instacrash with MZ after starting game.

Most likely Spriteset_Base is the culrpit as it isn't used anywhere else of the scripr, while Spriteset_Map is.

Edit4.
I managed to fix it with nothing commented. Now I need to check if it works as expected, but no crashing is already a big thing.
There have been a chance on how Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() works.

On MV it was required:
Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() { Spriteset_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this); };

However, on MZ, it is required:
Spriteset_Map.prototype.initialize = function() { Spriteset_Base.prototype.initialize.call(this); this._balloonSprites = []; };

Any plugin that used the MV version will fail to work due to the lack of that extra line there that the new core requires.

I can just add the line it manually for my project, but it would be great is Fossil added it when a plugin use this and lacks the line as to improve general compatibility, and not everyone dares to touch the plugin files. There is no default launch errors even without using Fossil (I guess because the plugin requires updating MV Pixi to v5 and MZ used v5 by default).

Now I need try if it works properly, not only not crashes

Edit5: Well, as expected, when I try to put animations it doesn't work.

Although most likely it is me doing something wrong because I get the same error on MV.

There's something weird about what it's doing, since both MZ and MV crash for me because it's expecting

Code:
var _debugWindow=require('nw.gui').Window.get().showDevTools();

to store a window reference to _debugWindow, but the showDevTools function doesn't even have a return.

So yeah I'll look at it with a working MV project but otherwise it'd be a bit too far to try to figure out how to make it work in MZ.

How do I get to that?

F8 or F12

a3xgf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's something weird about what it's doing, since both MZ and MV crash for me because it's expecting

Code:
var _debugWindow=require('nw.gui').Window.get().showDevTools();

to store a window reference to _debugWindow, but the showDevTools function doesn't even have a return.

So yeah I'll look at it with a working MV project but otherwise it'd be a bit too far to try to figure out how to make it work in MZ.

F8 or F12
I don't get crash unless I try to put an animation, but since I am nor managing to make it work on MV either, I can't look more into it. If the author replies me and reuploads the sample project, it will be easier.

The error you are getting is because you must delete that line, there is comment asking to delete it.

if(Utils.isNwjs()&&Utils.isOptionValid('test')){var _debugWindow=require('nw.gui').Window.get().showDevTools();console.log('_debugWindow: ',_debugWindow);_debugWindow.moveTo(0,0);_debugWindow.height=800;_debugWindow.width=1100;window.focus();}; // delete me, show debug console

This is the debug line I mentioned on my first post about this topic. If you delete this, and add the line missing I mention on my previous post, it already not crashes just existing. It still does when trying to put animations, although as said, that is perfeclty possible me doing it wrong as it fails on MV too.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I still dont have MZ, but does all of tomoaky's plugin in MV can get fossilized? especially the card game?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still dont have MZ, but does all of tomoaky's plugin in MV can get fossilized? especially the card game?
I've looked at the card game before, and IIRC I could get it to a point where it doesn't crash, but a lot of stuff is pretty tied to the old-style animations so it looks quite ugly.

It looks like you might be renaming plugins. Don't rename plugins; the only clue fossil has to what is attached is the plugin name, and if it isn't identical (including capitalization), then it won't enable compatibility fixes for that plugin.

Also, please click on the underlined Fossil_Pre and fossil_post on the right hand side and screenshot what shows up

Last edited:

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I decide to do the ordering of the plugins, but this one is whacked.
1620908561161.png

The bar shouldn't be in the category window details.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That ought to be eliminated when the window refreshes
I decide to do the ordering of the plugins, but this one is whacked.
View attachment 189164

The bar shouldn't be in the category window details.
please show me the plugin list and make sure you are on the latest version; there's a function in Fossil_Post that erases stray gauges whenever the achievement window runs an updateItem.
Z1U5AbD.png

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Whoops! using old version one.. It fixed now. Kinda afraid to test with VS itemcore

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoops! using old version one.. It fixed now. Kinda afraid to test with VS itemcore
Glad it's working :)

Cleaning up stray gauges is necessary since my custom gauge persists without needing to be redrawn continuously; this is useful in some cases and not useful in others, I'm considering whether I need to change the default behavior.

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Kinda afraid to see if it acting whacked again if I use item core.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't mean to complain but I cannot get this to work with Mog Hunter's Liner Motion battle system it just keeps giving me this error. What I am doing wrong?

View attachment 188795
Hey just wanted to say I'm still working on LMBS, it seems to be mostly working now, except for the battlebacks (which aren't applied at the right location or scale, look hideous and ruin the experience entirely).

I might see if there's a free existing MZ-native plugin for scrolling/tiled/otherwise custom battlebacks that I can link with it instead, if anyone has suggestions I'm willing to try.

alltheyuriz

It may say veteran but I am no such thing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Restart
It seems to be the @ 2021 git hub inc lines
pre error.png
post error.png
Also i didn't change the names these are how they came out of the zip file

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea how that's happening - it looks like the page was copy-pasted including the header at the bottom

What you need to do is click on the plugin in the list
Is6TX19.png

and click on the raw button

ylCpIdA.png

then download it

That is how you get a file off of github.

alltheyuriz

It may say veteran but I am no such thing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Restart it worked im just a dumb who doesn't know how to work git

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Vlue isn't working properly for me.
Opening quest log -> Working
Quest track is visible
When viewing info about a quest, results in this error

Only one argument and not a rectangle. Could be help window inheriting form something that isn't updating, or it could just be RMMV behavior (it takes one number indicating how many lines of text there are)
rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
at Window_SceneDetail.refresh (questsystem.js:814)
at Window_SceneDetail.quest (questsystem.js:731)
at Scene_Quests.update (questsystem.js:582)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rmmz_managers.js:2097)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rmmz_managers.js:2057)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rmmz_managers.js:1938)
at Function.Graphics._onTick (rmmz_core.js:800)
at TickerListener.emit (pixi.js:9474)
at Ticker.update (pixi.js:9928)
at Ticker._tick (pixi.js:9679)

quest askturnin/askaccept resulted same error, other command still function expect that

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.
Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:
Just a little teaser screenshot of Mountain Village...

Screenshot (364).png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urmomsbigbazoongas