First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Vlue isn't working properly for me.
Opening quest log -> Working
Quest track is visible
When viewing info about a quest, results in this error

Only one argument and not a rectangle. Could be help window inheriting form something that isn't updating, or it could just be RMMV behavior (it takes one number indicating how many lines of text there are)
rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
at Window_SceneDetail.refresh (questsystem.js:814)
at Window_SceneDetail.quest (questsystem.js:731)
at Scene_Quests.update (questsystem.js:582)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rmmz_managers.js:2097)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rmmz_managers.js:2057)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rmmz_managers.js:1938)
at Function.Graphics._onTick (rmmz_core.js:800)
at TickerListener.emit (pixi.js:9474)
at Ticker.update (pixi.js:9928)
at Ticker._tick (pixi.js:9679)

quest askturnin/askaccept resulted same error, other command still function expect that
Seems like a problem with your quest.txt, I'm guessing you set the wrong quest reward.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah heck.. I forgot that and realized made an error

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks to @HiddenAlchemist giving me a test project, I've gotten Yanfly's common event menus to work.

x5zz8De.png

The size of the individual menus is a teensy bit different due to MZ having different fonts, but I've gotten the appearance to be about the same.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I already got one minimap plugin to work, but now we have the one made by @SilverDash available in MZ as well.

2TFTawO.png

It has an optional fog of war, and can be toggled on and off (or given as an item). I have most of the plugins in his master demo working, but haven't figured out the itemlog. Still, if you want the cool window-slide-in effect that he put in his core engine (you can see one sliding in from offscreen at the top left!), the event randomization, or the dash stamina system, you've got those as options in MZ now.

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Been trying to get DreamX_ChoiceHelp working with no luck. Any ideas?
error.png

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Haven't tried it yet, if you give me a link (or ideally a working MV test project), I'll take a look. What does your plugin order look like?

Anyway, thanks to @oriongates I've added UNCO_AmmunitionSystem to the list of compatible plugins (along with the crafting add-on).

I also added a bunch of miscellaneous plugins from the Victor Engine and Himeworks sets
All DreamX plugins (including Choice Help) can be found here. Forum thread for Choice Help is here (includes screenshots).
Plugin order is a bit of a mess tbh, looks like this:
plugins.png

corvid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! First let me say thank you for this amazing plugin.

I'm trying to get this to work with Victor Engine's "Sprite in Windows" plugin, but it doesn't seem to be loading the sprites at all. I'm not getting any errors which is a definite improvement from before I implemented FOSSIL, but the space where the sprite/face should appear in the menu window is just empty. I tried adjusting the offset to make sure it wasn't simply loading off-screen, but no luck.

As far as I can tell the plugin isn't loading the sprites or battlers in the menu at all, so I'm wondering if there's some deeper incompatibility here that FOSSIL can't fix? Any ideas on what that could be? No worries if this is something beyond the scope of FOSSIL, I'm just trying to understand why this isn't working.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All DreamX plugins (including Choice Help) can be found here. Forum thread for Choice Help is here (includes screenshots).
Plugin order is a bit of a mess tbh, looks like this:
View attachment 190036
Hard to say what's going on given how many plugins there are (also, it looks like you missed the beginning of the plugin list? I can't see where Fossil_Pre and Fossil_Post are). Generally Fossil_Post needs to be between MV and MZ plugins to work. Not sure what's going on given the sheer number of plugins (and of course it's very difficult to tell what's going on with a VS plugin, by design).

Hi! First let me say thank you for this amazing plugin.

I'm trying to get this to work with Victor Engine's "Sprite in Windows" plugin, but it doesn't seem to be loading the sprites at all. I'm not getting any errors which is a definite improvement from before I implemented FOSSIL, but the space where the sprite/face should appear in the menu window is just empty. I tried adjusting the offset to make sure it wasn't simply loading off-screen, but no luck.

As far as I can tell the plugin isn't loading the sprites or battlers in the menu at all, so I'm wondering if there's some deeper incompatibility here that FOSSIL can't fix? Any ideas on what that could be? No worries if this is something beyond the scope of FOSSIL, I'm just trying to understand why this isn't working.

Odd. I tried the plugin out just now and got this

Hsv4MN3.png

Which probably isn't what is intended positioning-wise, but does show the animated sprites.

Are you using VE_BasicModule as well? My test was only with basic module, sprites in windows, and fossil. Possible there's a conflict elsewhere.

Oh, and you checked plugin parameters, right? The last parameter on every VE plugin needs to be double-clicked, otherwise it defaults to including a long string of ==============================.

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin!

corvid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Odd. I tried the plugin out just now and got this

Hsv4MN3.png

Which probably isn't what is intended positioning-wise, but does show the animated sprites.

Are you using VE_BasicModule as well? My test was only with basic module, sprites in windows, and fossil. Possible there's a conflict elsewhere.

Oh, and you checked plugin parameters, right? The last parameter on every VE plugin needs to be double-clicked, otherwise it defaults to including a long string of ==============================.
Interesting. I am using the basic module and I fixed those parameters but still get nothing. I am using non-rtp assets so I guess I’ll have to check if those might have something to do with it. I don’t have any other plugins installed either.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting. I am using the basic module and I fixed those parameters but still get nothing. I am using non-rtp assets so I guess I’ll have to check if those might have something to do with it. I don’t have any other plugins installed either.
Very weird. Can you check to see if the default SV battlers work?

Also, are you on the latest version of fossil?

corvid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried with the default battlers but still they don't show. I even tried testing with a brand new project so it doesn't seem like it's related to any changes I've made. Also made sure to fix those last parameters, and checked for the latest version (0.3.06, right?)... Here's my plugin list:

PluginList.png
Were there any other adjustments in your own testing that I might be missing?

UPDATE: @Restart Oddly enough I was able to get the charset option working in the test project I created (but not the sv battlers), yet this option still doesn't work in my actual project even when I go back to default assets (I also made sure the core script versions were the same, in case that matters). CharsetsWorking.png
I'm not really sure what the issue is here, but I don't really think FOSSIL is the issue. Perhaps some sort of caching problem? Not really sure if that's a possibility. In any case thanks for testing on your end!

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Restart
This work is incredible. My compliments, I will definitely test it!

I just hope there won't be any performance problems.

NewRetroGamer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is really impressive, congratulations on your work. Can this plugin be supported, since the author does not have access to MZ to import it on their own, or would it be difficult due to it redrawing the tilemap?

jonenglish91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is amazing! Would be great if YED SideView Battler could be ported over link to plugin here

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really impressive, congratulations on your work. Can this plugin be supported, since the author does not have access to MZ to import it on their own, or would it be difficult due to it redrawing the tilemap?
I took a while looking at it, and unfortunately it seems like most of it would basically need to be rewritten. What the plugin is doing is essentially creating a clone of the existing tilemap functions (called tilemap2) and then stitching it onto the edge of the map when needed.

The problem is that MZ has very different tilemap objects. The most obvious example is that C47_Seamless map requires a 'pixi-tilemap2' plugin above it - this is just a copy-pasted version of the pixi-tilemap.js file in the MV library folder, with 'tilemap' renamed to 'tilemap2' throughout. MZ is different enough with tilemap rendering that it doesn't even *have* a pixi-tilemap.js file to begin with.

I think the general approach could be applied successfully in MZ, but this is definitely a case where a port is needed. Sorry.

This is amazing! Would be great if YED SideView Battler could be ported over link to plugin here
That looks interesting, but it seems like you need to create a custom battler imageset in order to actually use the plugin to its full potential. If you could put together a working custom tileset in a MV test project I can look at it.

Anyway, thanks to @LyraVultur giving me a testproject I've got DreamX's Choice Help Window working. I believe I have VE_MateriaSystem working as well too (@Ophiucus Games kindly sent me their project), and I've seen a few people say they wished it worked in MZ, so hopefully it'll satisfy that need.

jonenglish91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I took a while looking at it, and unfortunately it seems like most of it would basically need to be rewritten. What the plugin is doing is essentially creating a clone of the existing tilemap functions (called tilemap2) and then stitching it onto the edge of the map when needed.

The problem is that MZ has very different tilemap objects. The most obvious example is that C47_Seamless map requires a 'pixi-tilemap2' plugin above it - this is just a copy-pasted version of the pixi-tilemap.js file in the MV library folder, with 'tilemap' renamed to 'tilemap2' throughout. MZ is different enough with tilemap rendering that it doesn't even *have* a pixi-tilemap.js file to begin with.

I think the general approach could be applied successfully in MZ, but this is definitely a case where a port is needed. Sorry.

That looks interesting, but it seems like you need to create a custom battler imageset in order to actually use the plugin to its full potential. If you could put together a working custom tileset in a MV test project I can look at it.

Anyway, thanks to @LyraVultur giving me a testproject I've got DreamX's Choice Help Window working. I believe I have VE_MateriaSystem working as well too (@Ophiucus Games kindly sent me their project), and I've seen a few people say they wished it worked in MZ, so hopefully it'll satisfy that need.
I just sent you private message

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi restart, sorry to bother. I thought I should bring it up that summoncore from SmRdmDud doesn't work when combined with the battlecore MZ plugin by Visustella. the plugin is behind a paywall and if you are interested if any kind of fix I would be willing to help you make the purchase of that plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mastersamurajpl