Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, not without risking your data.

Thanks for the recommendation. I use a solution where I can roll back to the most recent working version, and I switch work-sites frequently (working on several different computers) so I should never lose more than a day or so's work - but I'll keep an eye on this in case I see these sorts of problems creep in.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can roll back to the
yes, that can work - because the cloudservice you use has versioning and rollback to store older data instead of just deleting old versions.

unfortunately many cloudservices do not have this option, because it requires much more cloudspace - and your original post pointed to services that do not have versioning or rollback automatically, that would have risked the data of anyone who followed the suggestion blindly.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, that can work - because the cloudservice you use has versioning and rollback to store older data instead of just deleting old versions.

unfortunately many cloudservices do not have this option, because it requires much more cloudspace - and your original post pointed to services that do not have versioning or rollback automatically, that would have risked the data of anyone who followed the suggestion blindly.

Yeah; Google Drive now keeps older file versions for 30 days or 100 versions, whichever comes sooner, though in my experience it tends to keep infrequently edited files a lot longer.

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Welp, I'm glad that do my work on a laptop connected to an AC adapter: Should the power go out, the battery keeps it going. (Hint, hint)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow to celebrate National Pokémon Day. :smile: What Pokémon games is everyone else playing?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForbiddenDonut