Solo-Indie Game Dev Studio
- Jan 22, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Project Love and Cafe (Originally titled Love Plus Cafe) (stylized as PROJECT: LOVE + CAFE) is a TOP (Theatrical Overhead Perspective) interactive fiction game made in RPG Maker MV. Every five stories deal with the themes of conversation about food and friendship, as well as the dysfunctional relationship, love, hate, references to popular culture, and suicide.
Based on Dr. Joem Antonio's quote; it tells about a collection of narratives that hope to spark conversations on love—and by love, we don't simply mean the romantic kind. We believe that, to understand the nature of love, we need to look at its different types and how we, as human beings, express them.
SYNOPSISThe plot is almost similar to the stageplay, but the others were less different.
Act NO. 1 - Stay Healthy“All things are poison and nothing is without poison,” said Theophrastus von Hohenheim, Father of Toxicology. But why worry about toxins when we’ve got friends?
Main Characters: Will and Sophie
Act NO. 2 - A Very Delicate NightFive years ago after the present day. Matt stopped studying so his twin sister, Ari, could graduate. But tonight.
Main Characters: Matt and Ariette (short for Ari)
Act NO. 3 - The Dust in Your PlaceA comic strip artist must tell her writer what’s plaguing his relationships with other girls… even if it may be at the cost of their own friendship.
Main Characters: Rick and Claire
Act NO. 4 - Midnight StormAfter a couple breaks up only to find themselves, twenty minutes later, stuck in the same waiting shed on stormy midnight.
Main Characters: Ben and Danielle (short for Dani)
Act NO. 5 - Dropout and the Cosplayer (formerly known as Stray Cat)A dropout finds a young-adult woman wearing a cosplay who contemplates suicide on the rooftop, later in the park, only himself to ask her to; stop killing herself or befriend her.
Main Characters: Damien and Chisato
- Will - A 17-year-old "Century Historical and Literature" class-rep high school student.
- Sophie - A 18-year-old "Visual and Media Arts" honorable high school student. She was reading a newspaper about food's toxicity and nutrition.
- Matt - A math prodigy who was working on his studio. He's a fraternal twin brother of Ari.
- Ari - (short for Ariel) A fresh graduate young woman who is a fraternal young twin sister of Matt, which is ten minutes younger than him. Originally intended "Arie" as a boy, was scripted by Antonio.
- Rick - A comic-strip writer who befriended Claire and tells her about plaguing her relationship with her friends.
- Claire - A comic-strip illustrator who is distressed about her friends and unable to cope with herself until Rick befriends her.
- Benedict - (nicknamed Ben) A civilian who is Danielle’s ex-boyfriend.
- Danielle - Another civilian who is Ben’s ex-girlfriend.
- Damien - A dropped-out senior college student who attempts to stop Chisato from suicide. Originally named "Dom".
- Chisato - (real name as Christine) A young woman wearing a gothic schoolgirl as a cosplayer. She tries to contemplate killing herself, but she possibly wanted to befriend Damien. Originally named "China".
The game was developed by Moonwriter's Tale (formerly known as Moonwriter Theory; who was founded by Frederick C. Borromeo), and almost all were scripted by Antonio where the play was based on, while I and my writing partner Erika in the studio were fashioning some script in every act including pop-culture references and more scenes in the game. Don't worry, it is already released but still in development and it takes 1 hour to play for the first two acts, and the rest of the subsequent acts were released soon for complete freeware.
- SRDude (SumRndmDde)
- Mokusei Penguin
- Arisu Dollhouse
- Mr. Trivel
- Lunar Guard Azel
- Thife - (Emotion Balloons)
- Johan - (Icons)
- ProCraftyNation - (HP Gauge)
- RetroLab - (Windowskin)
- Commu General
- Bit Orchard
- Downloadable link is currently unavailable due to removal of the game.