30phil1

n00b
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys,

Recently I was working on a game but when I went to upload a alpha version to the workshop, I could not find it.

weirdly, I can find an older version of the game but it has only parts of my work.

Any help? I'm almost positive I did something to break it but I don't know what XD

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sounds like your latest version and older version are not being saved in the same place on your computer? IDK anything about the Steam Ace though.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace (both steam and non-steam) can open projects that are outside the regular directory folder where steam stores them, but only projects stored there are visible on manage project and can be uploaded.

At the same time (unfortunately), the steam version cannot open projects by doubleclicking, it always opens with the previous project, no matter where that is or which project file was clicked.

Together that can result in the user not knowing which copy of a game he works on if he ever made backups...

You'll have to search your computer manually for possible backups of the same project, and then check them NOT by doubleclicking, but by using the "open" function in the menu.

That should allow you to find the correct version.

30phil1

n00b
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ace (both steam and non-steam) can open projects that are outside the regular directory folder where steam stores them, but only projects stored there are visible on manage project and can be uploaded.

At the same time (unfortunately), the steam version cannot open projects by doubleclicking, it always opens with the previous project, no matter where that is or which project file was clicked.

Together that can result in the user not knowing which copy of a game he works on if he ever made backups...

You'll have to search your computer manually for possible backups of the same project, and then check them NOT by doubleclicking, but by using the "open" function in the menu.

That should allow you to find the correct version.
I know where the correct update is. The overarching issue is that it doesn't appear in the project menu and won't let me upload to the workshop.

Also, which is the directory that Steam saves to? ...steamapps\RPGVXAce\Projects OR  C:\Users\(ME)\Documents\RPGVXAce ?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to open the project from within Ace by navigating to the correct folder.

Or if you go to Open a project, that should tell you where the Steam version expects it to be. Then you can just copy all your files from where they are, to where Steam wants them to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

30phil1

n00b
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You need to open the project from within Ace by navigating to the correct folder.

Or if you go to Open a project, that should tell you where the Steam version expects it to be. Then you can just copy all your files from where they are, to where Steam wants them to be.
I can navigate to the game, edit it, save it, and pretty much do everything EXCEPT upload to the workshop. Opening it from within RPGMaker doesn't do anything.

Also, "open a project" just sends me back to the last thing I opened.

Man, with all the poopy games on the workshop you'd expect it to be easier. :/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, which is the directory that Steam saves to? ...steamapps\RPGVXAce\Projects OR  C:\Users\(ME)\Documents\RPGVXAce ?
Steam saves to the folder path seen (and selected) in the project manager window.
Copy the correct project folder into that folder, and it should become visible.

I wrote copy because there are a few issues where steam cloud has overwritten the wrong data, so you should keep the correct data at its other place until it is correctly accepted.

One of the issues is the result of the fact that Steam manages the project by project name, NOT folder. Several projects of the same name but in different subfolders will NOT be listed seperately, you will only have one entry with that project name.

You need to rename the project in that case, the folder path will be ignored until you do.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
howcow