mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a couple of clarification questions. 1 - My first map didn't have any immediately adjacent maps to it, so it wasn't an issue then. But should my 17 x 13 map include the edges of the already created maps, therefore in effect, I'm only creating a 15 x 11 map - or should the edges of my 17 x 13 just match up to the edges of the others. I've thought it was the second, but I wanted to make sure. 2 - The rules state only RTP tiles, but someone mentioned using Celianna's tiles. So are we allowed to use extra tiles or not?  Thanks!

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
yes, i think, we are allowed to use other resources, if we gice her the intire project, in a zipped folder, but you would probably have to ask Cat, to be sure.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I am hoping she will answer...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a couple of clarification questions. 1 - My first map didn't have any immediately adjacent maps to it, so it wasn't an issue then. But should my 17 x 13 map include the edges of the already created maps, therefore in effect, I'm only creating a 15 x 11 map - or should the edges of my 17 x 13 just match up to the edges of the others. I've thought it was the second, but I wanted to make sure. 2 - The rules state only RTP tiles, but someone mentioned using Celianna's tiles. So are we allowed to use extra tiles or not?  Thanks!
Also, I felt to loosen a rule regarding RTP usage. From now on, you can use other tiles apart from the RPG Maker VX Ace as long as: a) you include them in the project file you submit with the maps; B) use tiles that fit with the general RTP; and c) include any credits required. Sorry if this rule was modified a bit late. Feel free to edit any of your existing maps and send them to me if you want to spruce them up with any edits or other tiles that fit with the RTP.
Already covered...took me a little while to find, though.

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I knew she had said that earlier, but i didn't feel like taking a bunch of time looking for it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks guys. Wish I had known that sooner. (Cashmere, perhaps that can be updated in the original post?)

Hoping to get the second question answered.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
if any maps have been done around your square you have to keep the edges of those maps in yours and then make your own map in the space that it left.

Hope tht helps!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So those edges will take up one row/column of tiles each of my 17 x 13 map. So basically,I will be making a 15 x 11 map, yes?

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Done with H-3:

RMW H3.jpg

Zip:

H3.zip

I take another random one ^^ if you want

Attachments

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished D5 and decided to go ahead and take E5 as well, since I didn't see it reserved. But if I missed something and someone already has it, it's all good.

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry that I've been slow to post the maps this week! Friends have bombarded my house with their presence, forcing me to attend to their every need. They're cool though.

Okay CashmereCat, done. I had fun with this! Hope you can download.
Added.

BTW, beautiful map. Very vibrant and chaotic. :)

OK cool. Here's G-5. Download and keep the edges untouched, then map to your heart's desire. Have fun!

So those edges will take up one row/column of tiles each of my 17 x 13 map. So basically,I will be making a 15 x 11 map, yes?
Sorry I wasn't online to clarify. The answers that users have already given are correct. You can use external tiles as long as the fit in, and you have to keep the edges, so in your case, you are creating a 15 x 11 map.

I finished D5 and decided to go ahead and take E5 as well, since I didn't see it reserved. But if I missed something and someone already has it, it's all good.
Cool. If it's possible, could you upload D-5 in the meantime? Or you can upload them both at the same time, that's fine.

Could I have G-2?
Sure. Here's G-2. Have fun.

~~~

Grid updated.

Reserved ~

• I-9,I-10,J-8,J-9,J-10: ShinGamix;
  • D-9: coorocrow;
  • H-3: matombo;
  • D-5,E-5: mlogan;
  • F-10: Prince of Sarcasm;
  • B-5: slimmmeiske2;
  • G-5: lemongreen;
  • G-2: Cadh2000;
I think I'll need to poke ShinGamix right about now-ish. He's got quite a few tiles under wraps there.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, CashmereCat! Had a lot of fun thinking of a purpose for it and mapping accordingly.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I appreciate it. It'll give me some non-"Bibliotheca Arcanum" mapping to think about and will (hopefully) leave me feeling better able to handle setting up and configuring more than 5 classrooms, 1 chemistry lab, a cafeteria, a gym, and a playground full of NPC kids and school staff... (and that is just the school grounds, not including the rest of the town)

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quick question... Why did G-2 come with a parallel process event in the top left corner with

@>Call Common Event:[] as the only command in it? Am I supposed to do something with that?

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please give me F7 or any other open spot and I will do another map for this. :)
Cool! Here's the map for F-7!

Quick question... Why did G-2 come with a parallel process event in the top left corner with

@>Call Common Event:[] as the only command in it? Am I supposed to do something with that?
Nope, you don't have to do anything with that. That's a common event I placed to detect map transfers. That is, when you walk to the edge of the screen, it will call a transport to the nearby event, having been put in the main project file. Ignore that or feel free to even delete it to make playtesting easier.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
We have buildings or tents on ever snow tile. Lol. I just find that amusing is all, sorry.

I really need to take another square (or six) assign me d2 if no one already has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

it took soooo long to get character assist to work right in my game. like certain fighting games, a team mate can hop in, do an attack, then leave. it works since these are all one on one fights (usually)
Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterGoddess