Project Zelda Engine Ace - alone I am starting a new team! All the original XP team vanished!

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Latest info

SilentResident and Team Zelda have been working on The Project Zelda Engine on RPG Maker XP for years now. It has come along way and is one of the best starter kits and little engines out there even today.
Now here is the chance to help it come to RPG maker VX Ace with backing from SR and Team Zelda themselves.

Screenshots

Rules as in from Team Zelda 
Do Not attempt to put PZE online *This was done by former ZeldaOnline, what is now known as ***Graal Online*** and they were sued and forced to take ZeldaOnline down), try to force unwelcomed, needed, or wanted content (adding files and scripts in even though it's agreed upon by the team this is a no) sabotage (deliberately modifying the engine to break content and usibility or deleting files, hopefully this won't be an issue, we do overlook accidents, so no need to worry if a "true accident" occurs) or leak the engine to others without permission, (this is how work is stolen and claimed by others, we put in too much work in, *Namely years* for it to be stolen and claimed.) 

We will have to remove those that fail to abide by these simple rules from the team.

Inactive status (extreme prolonged periods of inactivity, without a reason given will also result in removal from the team.) This isn;t centered at just one person, this is geared towards PZE remaining what it is currently, the engine everyone has come to love, it's not for profits, nor should be made commercial. 

Finally, PZE takes no responsibility in legal any actions that would occur from those whose fail to acknowledge these Terms and Conditions, those who place our work online, do so own their own behalf!

If you own XP and Ace and are interested in helping in any way let me know. I am sure I can find something for you to do. If you do not have XP this does not knock you out of a spot.

Script Converter from XP to Ace
One is already on the team but one (or two) more wouldn't hurt

Script Researcher -

Will look for Ace versions of the XP scripts that will not have to be translated to RGSS3 and suggest them to team lead (ShinGamix)

Eventers -

To recreate the events from XP version on the Ace Engine

Tileset Converter-

Will be using an external program provided by team leader (ShinGamix) to convert XP tiles to Ace. (Looking for at least two ppl.)

Character Converter -

Will be using an external program provided by team leader (ShinGamix) to convert XP Characters to Ace

Databaser-

Work on making the database for PZEA.

Graphics Person -

Will be resizing XP stuff to Ace sizes and possibly more.

Mapper (open spot) -

The Tileset converter will have first shot at making and re-creating test maps.

Tester and more positions will open up in the future.

As of April 2015 looking to rebuild the XP Team for Update 5!!

Last edited by a moderator:

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not really "qualified" to join the team but I wish you the best of luck!

Korros

Mage of Procastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I might be able to be an Eventer and a Character Converter, but I won't be on during the whole month of June, but if the recruitment is still going on by July, I'll glafly take those 2 positions ;)

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Korros Look forward to hearing from you

and going to make an app because I need to know a few things like if you own ace or XP and what a member's skills are.

Edit- A lot of Musicians interested in this.

Looking for nice remixes and melodies. (I don't want to hear Navi say Listen x1000 either!)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I may be able to make a song here and there for this, with a Zelda style melody.

https://soundcloud.com/the-music-boxx

Not many samples I know, and neither are in a Zelda style however they are good samples of the quality of my work.

I'm very familiar with the Zelda universe and music style, and would gladly contribute free of charge.

If you're interested send me a message, I would gladly be willing to make a 15-30 second sample song according to what you request to see if I can meet your criteria.

EDIT: Uploading a "Zelda inspired goron-esque shop music" right now.

zeraf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For Script Researcher, I could try looking for similar scripts to the ones used. Where can I find the scripts used in the xp program? Downloaded the game kit

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I'll see If I can look for some scripts... I tend to be good at that stuff :p

Anyways, the screenshots above is what's done so far in ace right?

Also, is XAS being us for this again?

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Databasing is fun as hell. I assume is would be researching items and etc., and then entering them if they ever need to be used? 

I would gladly apply for the Databaser job...could you PM some info if there is a spot left?

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just don't go randomly looking for any  Zelda Scripts.

The researcher will have to submit Scripts that are all compatible or easily made compatible and have the same features at least.

Some of the scripts are already translated.

The screenshots above are from the original and what we are aiming toward.

haminsu

GameDeveloppery
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Dude, this is amazing! If I had some spare time, I would definately join, unfortunately I don't have any atm, let's get in touch in 2 months, if you aren't done by then :p

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for all the interest everyone but this is really more than a two person project. Blue and myself are the only two ppl working on it right now.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
bumping still looking for people. Surprised more people are not willing to help get the Zelda Engine on Ace. Thought there would be a flood of people.

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I honestly don't know what to do. I can do random things...searching for stuff, databasing, etc. Anything, really. Except actual scripting. I can't do dat.

DarthVollis

Moogle Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know what...I  guess I am in converting Tilesets.

EDIT: When we finish a Tileset what do we do with it?

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
pm me about this. This is a recruitment thread not a project or project discussion thread.

Dark Paladin

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you guys need to keep this project going?

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
More help mainly scripters and people who can convert xp art to ace.

Also will need eventers but that is a while off.

Wtf1555

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will help, tell me what do you need and i will do,for Zelda :) .

I have a lot of free time!

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you just need resources resized to Ace standard, I could help.

TruthfulTiger

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you still need script researchers, I could help. Have found a few potential candidates already while browsing for my own project :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

work in progres c:
Every RPG and MMO should let you transmog\glamour your gear so you can look the way you want.
So, to clear up things, this section is to speak about personal life stuff and such? or maybe upload game content?
excerpt from my game FW: WHAT?! You want me to shear sheep? I had servants, who had servants, that had servants that did peasants work. Vincent: Do you see any of your servants here? FW: Well... no. Of course not. Vincent: Then get to work.
The dumbest mechanic I just encountered today : boss recovers 10% HP when a party member is KO-ed, who thinks this is a great idea again...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omgtank93