Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

blank Project - After my PC was in Sleep-Mode for longer Time (7hours or more) the Projects dont saving the Changes.
Saving works only after Restart RPG Maker MV.

For me personally super annoying. Can someone help me with the problem, please?
Note: The RPG Maker is not on the Windows HDD

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if I can help you, I'll need more info than that.

Most likely it has to do with the fact that the RMs handle their files like databases, not like regular filestorage - but that should make sure that they don't need to save after such a wait, because databases automatically save over time and the button is only to make sure everything not yet stored is completed. Otherwise saving would take several minutes on larger projects.

So please give more details on what exactly you have done and how the cmputer and the project reacted.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best way, when you take a break, just save the project if you plan to leave it open.
Windows just mostly minimize or keep them open when you put it out of sleepmodeand run the programs that are open.

I personally dont let the pc into sleepmode, but when I go away for a while (3+ hours) than its best
to turn off the pc :)

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar
I don't know if I can help you, I'll need more info than that.

So please give more details on what exactly you have done and how the cmputer and the project reacted.
I'm starting a new project and have created a Map 100x100 for this case. Filled out the floor and created a wall outside.

Then I put the PC into sleep mode (over 7 hours this time). The PC was woken up normally, RPG Maker was still open (as I left it).

I then moved and saved the player's starting position.

This change was made in RPG Maker. The PRG Maker also claims that it was saved. He shows everything.

However, when I do a game test, the start position is in the original position (before sleep mode).

As soon as I restart the game, all changes have disappeared and nothing has been saved (Incidentally, this applies to all changes to the project. Not only for the player position).

After restarting the RPG Maker I can change and save the player position as usual.

@ShadowDragon

I can safely work around the problem. However, I would prefer to determine the cause and, at best, to remedy it. :)

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
remedy it
close rpg maker. Seems silly to me to leave programs open and put the computer to sleep. I would close whatever was open and then shut the lid. Sleep mode is primarily designed for the OS not programs. You are seeing an issue that rpg maker was not designed to do. Stay running after getting hibernated by the OS. Glitches are bound to happen.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
close rpg maker. Seems silly to me to leave programs open and put the computer to sleep. I would close whatever was open and then shut the lid. Sleep mode is primarily designed for the OS not programs. You are seeing an issue that rpg maker was not designed to do. Stay running after getting hibernated by the OS. Glitches are bound to happen.
That was not a bit helpful. Not in the slightest.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the issue reproducible, or was this a one-off thing that you are assuming was due to sleep mode?

Is your project saved in a location that gets automatically backed-up or synchronised (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, etc)?

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the issue reproducible, or was this a one-off thing that you are assuming was due to sleep mode?

Is your project saved in a location that gets automatically backed-up or synchronised (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, etc)?
The problem is reproducible.

No, the location is not backed up or in any way synchronized with other clouds.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A further clarification:

The changes done before the computer went into sleep mode are saved, yes?
The problem are changes done after the computer comes back from sleep mode, only those can't be saved anymore?

Because your original description could be read as if the changes done before the sleep mode were not saved, and that would have been much more bothersome.

If the problem only concerns what happens after sleep mode, then it looks as if the files loose database access during sleep mode, most likely due to the HDD entering sleep mode without saving database flags.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar
A further clarification:

The changes done before the computer went into sleep mode are saved, yes?
The problem are changes done after the computer comes back from sleep mode, only those can't be saved anymore?

If the problem only concerns what happens after sleep mode, then it looks as if the files loose database access during sleep mode, most likely due to the HDD entering sleep mode without saving database flags.
My English is unfortunately not good. I'm sorry if I formulate something incomprehensible.

Yes, this only affects changes after hibernation.
Do I have a way to counteract this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do I have a way to counteract this?
I'm not sure.

Basically this means that some part of your computer does not handle hibernation correctly.
It could be the harddrive itself or a driver or some invovled windows function.
Unfortunately it's impossible to search for the cause of this over the internet, and even most of the good computer technicians have problems identifying problems with hibernation modes.

So theoretically there should be a way to solve this, but practically I have no idea how to start looking for it.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar
Thanks, that has already helped me. I will do some tests and report again after new knowledge :)

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So after a few tests, reinstalling Windows seems to have helped in the end. I am glad that it was a Windows bug and that the problem didn't somehow come from the RPG Maker. :)

Many thanks for the help!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Feraleth If this has solved your query to your satisfaction, please Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed.
Thanks.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen