Projects not opening

Yeet_God115

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Everytime I try to open up my game I'm working on I get this pop-up. Is there any way to fix this?

Attachments

Yeet_God115

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
The game was running fine yesterday. I went to open it this morning and this keeps poping up. Please tell me theres a fix for this I'm stressing out

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
create a new project, and see if you can open it. if you can, than Actors.JSON is either
missing or corrupt, if its corrupt, and a new project is working, copy Actor.json from the data
folder to your main, and it should work.

please be warned that anything in actors notetag is removed.
make a backup of your project before you do this though.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above, one or more of your files has been damaged.
the best way to repair it would be using files from a backup instead of from a new project.

in all cases, there is a reason why your files were damaged, and you'll need to find out that reason to prevent a repeat. So after you repaired the projects as good as possible, come back here and we'll help you to check what damaged your project.

Yeet_God115

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
as said above, one or more of your files has been damaged.
the best way to repair it would be using files from a backup instead of from a new project.

in all cases, there is a reason why your files were damaged, and you'll need to find out that reason to prevent a repeat. So after you repaired the projects as good as possible, come back here and we'll help you to check what damaged your project.
Sadly there was no backup. I'm starting from scratch

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
everyone who has some computer experience usually tells everyone else to always make backups, but sadly most people have to lose at least one big project before they believe that. And that isn't restricted to hobby people or RM's, I know an architectural bureau that lost all data of a 80K$ work one day before it was due.

that said, you still have to find out what happened.
the most common causes are
1) power failure on the computer
2) shutdown failure on windows
3) cloudsync failure if you're using a cloud on your data.

3 is the reason why we tell people not to have their work projects stored in a cloudsync'ed folder, that has already destroyed dozens of projects beccause the RPG-Makers handle their projects like a database and not like a regular filesaving program. And the databasing process is at special risk when cloudsync'ing.

Yeet_God115

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
everyone who has some computer experience usually tells everyone else to always make backups, but sadly most people have to lose at least one big project before they believe that. And that isn't restricted to hobby people or RM's, I know an architectural bureau that lost all data of a 80K$ work one day before it was due.

that said, you still have to find out what happened.
the most common causes are
1) power failure on the computer
2) shutdown failure on windows
3) cloudsync failure if you're using a cloud on your data.

3 is the reason why we tell people not to have their work projects stored in a cloudsync'ed folder, that has already destroyed dozens of projects beccause the RPG-Makers handle their projects like a database and not like a regular filesaving program. And the databasing process is at special risk when cloudsync'ing.
Ok thanks, the good part is I was only 4 days in and can get back there relatively fast. Still a kick in the balls

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since this file is a JSON file, it might be possible to recover the data - you could try pasting the file's contents into an online JSON validator, fixing any issues it finds, and pasting it back into the file. Depending what caused the corruption, you might still lose some data, but probably not everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having a fun time working with the MZ RTP. The waterfall hasn't changed, though, so I'm wondering if they didn't make a new one or if they forgot to put it in...

good progress on the typescript Definitions files almost done all the Manager and yet I still have to do the Battle Manager...who is seriously so much data lol
Are the export options for MZ known yet?
I thought they were supposed to be my friends T_T
Anyone else ever feel bad about always needing to ask for help on their game..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RegularManGuy