Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Play" it here

So basically this is a very quickly-done mock up of an OS interface that more serves as a reminder to me to actually work on this once I have time more than a playable demo, but I think it's a cool concept nonetheless. Mostly useless, I know, unless such a thing is required for your game, which is a very unique scenario, but still...man do I love command-line interfaces.

I'm debating whether or not this is worth pursuing long-term as a plugin or something like that...consolidating all the evented stuff into a single file which could be plug-n-play...

Guess I should include some screenshots lol

CrOSscrnsht1.png
CrOSscrnsht2.png

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I actually had something like this in a game before. They're really fun and satisfying to do. Mine loaded up with a command line at the bottom. I used classic green text on black screen, it came out nice.

I also emulated a desktop, once it loaded up, pretty much what it seems like you're going for. This was all before I had stuff written for handling animations easier.

My advice is if you pursue this, definitely don't go the event + pictures route. Go with js and take advantage of PIXI

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is really nifty! Would love to mess around with it, if you do decide to go the plugin route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter