Proper Credit for VX ACE assets in MV

Bigbaddevil7

Aka SteamPunkDevil
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have Futuristic Tile Pack for VX-ACE and I decided to scale it up to 48x48 using Photoshop's nearest neighbor interpolation.

Is there anything I have to do in order to give credit for it properly, or is it the fact it's still RPG Maker where it doesn't matter?

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Any assets you purchased should come with an End User License Agreement (EULA) explaining whether there are any restrictions on which engine they can be used with and how to properly credit them.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will need to credit whatever artist created that pack, regardless of the fact they were made for Ace and you upscaled them. There will be a file with the pack that tells you exactly how credit should be given.

Bigbaddevil7

Aka SteamPunkDevil
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh ok, didn't know since it the official one that came from the RPGMaker site (here), if there would need to be anything added or if it fell under the same rules of the one that comes by default. I'll check for that and see it's done properly.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of the art packs may come from the RPG Maker Web site, but they are not created by RPG Maker Web. Each pack is done by an individual artist, and that artist should be credited.

This tile pack, specifically, was created by Celianna. If you look at the Read Me.txt file included, it says:
2.3 Your game must include additional documentation that clearly indicates the use of the Resource Pack and the following copy:[Copyright](C) 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC; artist Celianna.

So that is how you must give credit if you use these resources.

Bigbaddevil7

Aka SteamPunkDevil
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, ok. Makes sense.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not that I have any use for them, but Humble Bundle has a new RPG Asset Bundle available for those interested. You can find it here. Happy asset hoarding. :LZSwink:
Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillfigno