HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Title's pretty self-explanatory. Whenever I and add a point to my goals, then open the quest menu, it gives the following error (I'm sorry, I don't know how to spoiler images with the new layout):
1611612142547.png
Tutorial and download link here: This is for Ace, by the way.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to show us how you have added that goal, because you did something wrong there.

video tutorials are a bad way to learn how to do things in scripts correctly, because more often than not the text is not correctly readable in them - for example I remember a case where the video couldn't show the difference between [] and (), and only people who guessed right had it working:
an array needs [], a function needs ()

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give the full screenshot so that we can check for context.

and please remove the leading zero on all numbers anywhere - leading numbers are commands to read the numbers in a different numbering system, like 0xFF is hexadecimal 255, and a lot of errors have happened from using leading zeroes on IDs.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The rest of it is kind of irrelevant. it's just some text, but sure.

Edit: Oh also, the video used leading zeroes, so I assumed I was supposed to as well.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, then ot looks like a script conflict somewhere.
please follow the link "how to use a script" in my signature to the bughunting section.
Install the backtracer linked there, make another playtest with the console open and when the error happens again give us a screenshot of the console output.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would not put 01 as a quest id (or whatever that is) - scripts do funny things with numbers with leading zeros.

Please give a link to the script so we can see what is on line 226.

Is this a new game you started after adding the script, or did you add the script then reload an old save file? If the latter, that could be your issue as the variables set up by the plugin (such as $game_quests, but probably others) won't have been defined.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1611617160398.png

Just saw Shaz's post.
The link to the script is in the OP. And yes, it's a new game.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The link to the script is in the OP.
I see a screenshot and a video. I don't want to watch a video (especially a 13 minute video) just in case it happens to say where to download it.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh. I probably should've made it clear that the link is in the description of the video.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it. Have to view on YT.

Have you made any changes to the script? On pastebin, line 226 is this:
Code:
    if @goal_min[id]==@goal_max[id] && @goal2_min[id]==@goal2_max[id] && @goal3_min[id]==@goal3_max[id] && @goal4_min[id]==@goal4_max[id] && @goal5_min[id]==@goal5_max[id] && @goal6_min[id]==@goal6_max[id]

but your error says there is a >= in there somewhere. Can you show us what line 226 is in your version?

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh! I didn't even remember changing that.
@goal_min[id]>=@goal_max[id] && @goal2_min[id]>=@goal2_max[id] && @goal3_min[id]>=@goal3_max[id] && @goal4_min[id]>=@goal4_max[id] && @goal5_min[id]>=@goal5_max[id] && @goal6_min[id]>=@goal6_max[id]
(Sorry, I don't know how to put in code. All of the options are gone.)
I'll see if I put yours in.

Edit: Er, nope. Now it gives another error right on startup saying "void value expression" on line 230.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How many other changes have you made to the script? Maybe you should just get a fresh copy and put into your game?

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so it was that line. My new question is, I remembered that the reason we changed it in the first place was because if the player obtains even one more than the desired amount, the quest still reads as incomplete, so how do we make it so that even when the player gets more than the desired amount, the quest is still complete?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you posted the line of code above, did you copy/paste from your script or did you retype it?

The only reasons I can think of that would cause that error is if you had mistyped something, or if you had an id where one of goal_min through goal_min6 were not defined for that id.
I don't really understand what goal_min and goal_max are used for, if they are meant to be equal in order to signify the goal is complete, and I don't really want to watch the video to find out. The script comments really don't explain anything about how to use it, I suppose assuming that everyone is going to watch the video.

If the player needs to collect a certain amount of items to complete the quest, can you just stop them from getting more of them?

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I copied/pasted directly from the script.
or if you had an id where one of goal_min through goal_min6 were not defined for that id.
I'm not quite sure what that means? Like, I didn't set them up properly?

I don't really understand what goal_min and goal_max are used for,
goal_min is where you start off (so when you have 0 of an item) and goal max is when you have enough of that item to complete the quest. At least that's what I understood.

can you just stop them from getting more of them?
I can't really think of a way to do that unless I make it so that it stops counting past the goal number. But then I don't really know how to do that. Because there are things like mining ores and the player needs to mine ore for more than the quest, I can't just make it so that you can no longer collect ore.

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Share the script calls you used for setting the quest's goals, including min and max.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Who did you share it with?
1611710205449.png

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whoops. Try it now.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)
Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!
>What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noiridis