Protect paid plugins (and commissions) from been copied

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I don't care much about such stuff, but my friend asked me to make this tool for her and I decided to publish it, maybe someone else needs it.

If you spent money to paid plugins and commissions for your project and want protect them from copied (when you deploy and release your game on Steam) you can use Protector tool. It's not super protection but easy to use and made your plugins not able to be edited in the editor anymore (plugin parameters, help section, plugin commands are deleted)

Your compiled project still will be work fine (in 95%) and in your JS folder will looks like this.
2021-04-21_18-56-11 (1).png

How to use

1. Deploy your project to release (File -> Deployment…)
  2. [FOR MZ] Put file PKD_Protector.exe in deployed project directory (where Game.exe and js folder)
  3. [FOR MV] Put file PKD_Protector.exe in deployed project www folder (Where js folder)
  4. Start PKD_Protector and wait until tool window will closed (and delete it)
  5. Don't delete any plugins .js files, even 0 Kb ones
Detailed guide: here

Download from: here
(have MAC version too, but I don't tested it, so if you have some problems, tell me)

Terms of Use: Free for use in commercial and non commercial projects.
Use at your own risk. Use tool only on a compiled (deployed) game, not on a working project. The author is not responsible if you break your project. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Video about this tool, not my video and not in English (but have good English subtitles)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't gotten to that point in developing things yet, but how does this differ/what's the point compared to the deploy->encryption function built into RPG Maker? Doesn't that make the files non-readable and usable by others?

If this is different/better, that's awesome, I'd just like to know.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but how does this differ/what's the point compared to the deploy->encryption function built into RPG Maker? Doesn't that make the files non-readable and usable by others?
Encryption works only for images and audio files. All plugin files still keeps raw after encryption.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm interested to know exactly what this is doing to make those plugins appear to be 0kb in size? Is it taking the data from them and encrypting it somewhere else and somehow telling the deployed project how to look up that encrypted data?

Obviously knowing how it works means reversing it more easily, so it'd make the tool much less effective, so I understand if you don't want to share what it's actually doing.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this is different/better, that's awesome, I'd just like to know.
I will try to record an English audio track for this video as soon as possible. Yes, there is a video WITH SUBTITLES. And it shows clearly the whole process. And that the purchased plugins remain defenseless against pirates after compilation. In addition, on the cryptographers (as Enigma) on the network, I easily found decoders, just googling.

Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Obviously knowing how it works means reversing it more easily, so it'd make the tool much less effective, so I understand if you don't want to share what it's actually doing.

Everything is simple, the tool removes (permanently) all the definitions of the plugin parameters (plugin commands) and the help section. This stuff is not necessary for the game, but it is almost impossible to use such a plugin later in the RPG Maker Editor, especially if it is a complex plugin that has a lot of settings. So, you can not reverse the plugins after this tool done. You can't restore what was deleted. And this is why you should use tool only on deployed game.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a nice encryption tool, which make js also protected and it's really
hard to reverse it (unless you use the exact same version of that tool).

but if they dont know, its full encrypted and you cannot edit either :)
this one looks nice as well to protect your own js, combined with the other tool,
it would be compleetly useless and hard to reverse :)

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm interested to know exactly what this is doing to make those plugins appear to be 0kb in size?
THE main thing is not to do anything with them! Don't delete, don't move. NOTHING

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THE main thing is not to do anything with them! Don't delete, don't move. NOTHING
I get that, the question is why are those plugins seemingly empty now? If all it was doing was removing the help info and plugin parameters, for some plugins that is a huge amount of data, sure, but it isn't the entire size of the file. Especially those VS plugins shown, they have huge help sections and tons of plugin parameters, but they're also very complex plugins with thousands of lines of code.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get that, the question is why are those plugins seemingly empty now?
1) to pay tribute to their creators. 2) in order for the compiled game to work correctly
This is a special street magic

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.
PRODUCTIVE DAY! I think I FINALLY completed all the items for part 1 of Fallen Feather, that includes the animations, the stats, the pricing, etc. for weapons, armors, key and consumables! all i need to be 100% done is write a few more descriptions (only 10 left out of the 40+ items) and to find some nice pants icons (dont ask lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolfspace