joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd need help to build a skill with the same effect of the pokemon move: Protect.
Here the reference:
Basically it's the highest priority among moves and it gives the actor a total protection from damage and target skills.
I'm using Yanfly Plugins (almost all of them) and Olivia Octobattle as a battle system.

And, if easy:
I'd like to create two different Protect: one which will only consider the Attack skill (the weapon-related skill) and one protecting from a specific category of skill (Special skill)

I tried to manipulate the Guard skill but probably a small Javascript code will be more efficient

NPP6

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could probably do this without a plugin even. Just create a state that lasts for one turn and raises defense impossibly high, another one that does the same for MDF, and a pair of skills that apply one each.

joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's an alternative, but that will still show the 0 damage dealt and it does not block impossible high attacks or different hp % changes. It also won't block status skills. I really want that skill to block any skill which targets on the user for the current turn.

recoculous

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you make it similar to a guard state, there are traits. You can add state resist properties there.

If you want them to evade all attacks and spells, 100% evasion rate and 100% magic rate should help.

Make sure not to use any certain hit attack skills, or evasion won't work for that.

that's an alternative, but that will still show the 0 damage dealt and it does not block impossible high attacks or different hp % changes. It also won't block status skills. I really want that skill to block any skill which targets on the user for the current turn.

joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would show "miss" and it won't account for 100% attack skills, which I have to protect from too.
Better a javascript code to make it work well I guess

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)
Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peetaxx