First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Engine
RPG Maker MV

Synopsis
The Project

This project involves modifying a prototype that focuses on a specific gameplay component: the combat system. The current prototype is not a full game, and this project will not make it into a full game.

Chig Tag is a prototype of a local coop action RPG in which the combat is actually a team sport based on tag. Each match takes place in a designated arena and involves two or more teams consisting of participants called "chigs" playing as either freezers or melters. Freezers convert opposing melters into freezers. Melters can convert friendly freezers into melters. The team with at least one remaining melter when all other teams are fully converted to freezers wins the match.

Each participant has several skills: running, balancing, freezing, and dodging. Experience is gained through skill usage and results in improvement in the skills used most.

Participants can move at walking speed or can use their running ability, expending some of their energy in order to move faster. When running, however, rapid changes in direction can result in energy-depleting falls, especially for participants with a weak balance skill. Freezers activate their freezing skill when they are close to their targets in an attempt to convert them to freezers. Melters can use some of their energy to use their dodging skill, making a freeze conversion less likely.

The target audience for games using this combat system is families with children ages 7 and up.

Current Status
The existing prototype already has the code to support four local players using gamepads. It also has the code for the participant skills and skill improvement with experience. However, the code currently has major differences in function than what is desired for this project. Currently, every match has two teams, one of all melters and one of all freezers. The freezing skill currently stops its target from moving. The melting skill currently restores the ability to move. The freezers win if all melters are stopped at the same time. There is a timer, and the melters win if at least one is still mobile when the timer expires.

The prototype also has basic graphics for terrain, characters, a title scene, and menus.

Screenshots
Chig Tag Title.pngChig Tag Intro.png
Chig Tag Rest.pngChig Tag Pause.png
Chig Tag 3p.png

Link

The Goal
The goals of this project are 1) to modify the current prototype to make teams consisting of both freezers and melters, 2) to allow more than two teams in a match, 3) to modify the match victory conditions so that the team with remaining melters when no other teams have remaining melters is the winner, 4) to create several maps of different match setups, and 5) to test whether this new prototype is fun.

The Positions
This project requires a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 team members.
Needed
Programer
: Responsible for modifying the JavaScript plugin to meet the gameplay goals of the project.

Character Artist: Responsible for the creation of character sprites and scene-related graphics, such as title scene and menus. Ideally, new graphics would be created for chig actions such as attack and dodge.

World Artist and Level Designer: Responsible for the creation of tilesets, the design of maps, and the layout of chig-tag matches.

My Role
I will be responsible for eventing and programing.

System Requirements
Gamepad: Each team member must have at least one gamepad. The programer must have at least two gamepads and will preferably have four.

Expectations
People with questions about the project or positions are welcome to ask them in this thread. People interested in applying for an open position can contact me through a private message. Applicants should be very familiar with the usage of RPG Maker MV prior to applying. Applicants are required to be kind, gentle, and honest. If you have applied and are no longer interested, please send me a private message to let me know. If you have already joined the team and wish to leave the project, please notify me through private message.

The project is expected to last at least two months. Team members will be expected to communicate about their progress or what might be impacting their progress at least once every two weeks. Team members are also expected to regularly communicate their thoughts and feelings about the overall project and their roles in it. Team members who do not communicate with other team members for 3 weeks without prior notice will be removed from the team.

Result Usage
Team members will be free to use their own contributions in other projects. Team members may not use other team members' contributions to the project in other projects without first getting permission from the contributor.

Yethwhinger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, @Jamhardt. Thank you for your interest. I will follow up with you through a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wrote RPGMakerMZ JavaScript reference in Japanese.
But I think you'll be able to read it through the translator.

back in April of 2019, I watched my friend's art stream on twitch. that was when I got inspired to draw most of the assets for my game. it's been a LONG journey since, but totally worth it.
RPG MZ multiplayer in development
Square-Enix, why you didn't released the classic Dragon Quests on Steam yet? :kaocry:
This is by far my most favorite boss monster I've made, its name is Gosck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juckz