Proximity Event for MV

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for a plugin that will let me fade in and out certain sounds when you're close to the area. For example I have a man on
a roof hammering, but I don't want him to be making a racket throughout the entire map. Is there a plugin or event fix for this?

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, you can set the volume for an event several tiles away to like say 10%, then the next tile up it to 25%, then 50 % and on and on.
I set the tile height to beneath play, and leave the "trigger" to player touch. That way while you're standing there, you get the noise of standing by say a fountain or running water. It works, just be sure to "Fade Out" sound as you leave the threshold of the noise or you will never stop hearing it. Sorry it's not a plug in, but it is eventable with basic in game events. Not too hard to set up. I hope this helps meow.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Firstly, your cat is adorable. :LZYcat:
:LZYsmile:Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought of that, but that would be an awful lot of tiles to have events on.

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Make a single parallel process event that watches the players X/Y on a map and set up conditionals for making it louder or softer based on position would be my suggestion... saves on make many extra events and can be done really using less work overall than make the many events. :D

Edit: I had the same thought as the poster below, but in my case I avoid regions, as I have several in use from other plugins... so setting up extra regions for me wouldn't be an option as it would interfere with how my maps are already set up. If you're not using them for anything else though, then this is actually the best idea.

Last edited:

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could use regions and a parallel process that checks if the player is on region "X" then do "this".

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried doing it using Yanfly's region events plugin plus common events, but it keeps freezing on me whenever the event starts. Hm...

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't have that hard of a time eventing it, I'd make an event with a low volume, then just copy event, then use arrow keys on my keyboard to move the "selected tile" thingy, and hit ctrl+v to paste that.

So at one "tier" of the noise volume, just make a row or two of tiles with that volume, then make another tile closer to the 'origin' of the sound, and increase the volume, copy it, then ctrl+v it and paste another row or two at that volume.. on the outter limit of the area you want to hear the sound just be sure to "fade out se or bgs" so that the sound dies out. It SEEMS like a lot of work, but it's not too bad when you just start doing it. Ofcourse I really limited the space I needed to hear noises.. I should go back and redo some of that madness.

PS, don't let me discourage from looking for a plug in of the proper nature. I just evented it all cause it just came to me in that way.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No plugin, just use a parallel process and call 3 variables: X, Y, and region of player. Set x of player to game data player map x. Set Y to game data player map y, and get location region using our newly created x and y variables. Then a conditional branch if region of player is 1 or whatever you set the region to, and then control bgs say 10 percent volume. Then set this up over multiple regions and have it get louder. I.e. region 2 has 50 percent volume. Finally at the end of your parallel event have a small wait command so the engine doesn't check to see if the conditions are met 60 times a second. I hope this helps as I am on my phone and typing with thumbs is for teenagers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I usually don't enjoy survival games, but I absolutely love Conan Exiles.
Basically Everyone: Dont make a long game the first time. Me: I guess i'll make a REALLY long game in that case >:p
I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmanuelglover