Oriceles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a notetag to turn off shadows on specific events without using script calls?. My invisible events are getting shadows and I don't want to run a parallel process just to turn them off :/

prexus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No, events don't have notetags, and the Map notetag area is too cramped to expect people to apply it.

Why can't you run a parallel process to do it? Just have it sitting on the map, with the script calls, and an "Erase Event" at the end. Boom. Just as easy as a note tag. You don't even need to make a call script for every event if the invisible ones are within certain ranges or have some sort of reason behind their event ids (like all the invisible events were made last, for example.)

You could do a Call Script like:

$game_map.events[6].shadow = false

(15..18).each { |i| $game_map.events.shadow = false; }

(25..$game_map.events.size).each { |i| $game_map.events.shadow = false; }

That would make events with the IDs 6, 15, 16, 17, 18, 25 and everything above 25 have no shadow.

Oriceles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually people like Victor has made the comment function of events work like a notetag, but anyway, I'll try the parallel process ^_^'

prexus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I prefer for my code not to be dependant on other people's. It would be redundant for me to code it again, as well. I think the Parallel Process effect should work okay. I could also come up with something possibly where a character in the event name could act as a on/off trigger. Like, an ! at the start of the event name would mean it doesn't have a shadow by default, and a & means it does. I will think about it.

Oriceles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I could also come up with something possibly where a character in the event name could act as a on/off trigger. Like, an ! at the start of the event name would mean it doesn't have a shadow by default, and a & means it does. I will think about it.
That would be cool

Shin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
That is a very nice script Prexus. It's actually something I think it should be default on rm.

I made a script for this too, but yours is just A LOT shorter, lol.

Yeah I prefer for my code not to be dependant on other people's. It would be redundant for me to code it again, as well. I think the Parallel Process effect should work okay. I could also come up with something possibly where a character in the event name could act as a on/off trigger. Like, an ! at the start of the event name would mean it doesn't have a shadow by default, and a & means it does. I will think about it.
I took the liberty of editing the script to do that through comments on the event page. I also change how the shadow follows the hero when he is jumping.

prexus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I appreciate you making the effort to improve on a script I have released. Just keep in mind the Terms of Usage Agreement if you choose to post your edit. I'll likely make some improvements on this script in the short future myself.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Prexus Your screen shot isn't working for me?

prexus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I addressed that in a later post, Tsukihime.

ShinGamix: Works fine for me? Right click it and click show picture and maybe it will load.

Edit: Oh, rpgmaker.net was down yesterday so the image wouldn't have loaded. It should work fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:

prexus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry for the double post, but I have updated the script to include a feature mentioned above.

Making the first character of an event name a $ will make the event have a shadow opposite of the default. If the default is to not have shadows, they will have a shadow. If the default is to have a shadow, the $ will remove it.

Oriceles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
don't know if this is a bug or not, but for example, I have a soldier that has to appear in a room later in the game after a switch is turned on, but whenever I go to the room, the shadow appears on the floor even when I'm no using a sprite for the empty page. And yes, I'm using the new $ symbol on the name :rolleyes: :unsure:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?
I've been having a rough couple of months and as such let down some friends of mine in the RPG Maker community. I still need time to get back to my normal self, but it's nice to be back, to read articles, and to design again (albeit at a slow pace). Hope to give updates on Kid Crescent soon.
Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3
My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anzi