Synchromystic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been trying out this neat new plugin for MZ that turns ordinary 2D battebacks into a pseudo-3D environment, looks great in the demo video but in my own project it's aligning my characters much higher up, with some of them hovering over the upper background image instead of on the ground where they should be, like the entire background has been shifted downwards for some reason. It's from a Japanese developer and I don't speak Japanese, and while some of the notes in the js file are translated into English they really aren't very clear to my poor uneducated brain -- it's definitely not the Battleback Scale parameter because lowering that value to the minimum doesn't help anything, and raising it just zooms the screen in further, making it worse. It's also unlikely to be a compatibility issue with other plugins because all I have installed currently are several Visustella plugins that aren't really doing anything. Can anybody take a look at it and tell me how to fix this?

screen shifted.png

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been trying out this neat new plugin for MZ that turns ordinary 2D battebacks into a pseudo-3D environment, looks great in the demo video but in my own project it's aligning my characters much higher up, with some of them hovering over the upper background image instead of on the ground where they should be, like the entire background has been shifted downwards for some reason. It's from a Japanese developer and I don't speak Japanese, and while some of the notes in the js file are translated into English they really aren't very clear to my poor uneducated brain -- it's definitely not the Battleback Scale parameter because lowering that value to the minimum doesn't help anything, and raising it just zooms the screen in further, making it worse. It's also unlikely to be a compatibility issue with other plugins because all I have installed currently are several Visustella plugins that aren't really doing anything. Can anybody take a look at it and tell me how to fix this?

View attachment 191936
Hi there!
It's also unlikely to be a compatibility issue with other plugins because all I have installed currently are several Visustella plugins that aren't really doing anything.
The only way to know for sure, is if you disable all your plugins and test only the pseudo-3D one first. If the results are the same, then it is not a compatibility. But if the plugin works, you will have to enable your other plugins one by one to find the guilty.

Also, you need to specify what plugins you are using. Visustella has more than 60 plugins.

Synchromystic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I guess I was assuming that someone wouldn't make a plugin that interferes with the core Visustella plugins since they're so basic and widely used -- rarely a safe assumption, but it just seems like it would make more sense to build upon them than make something that conflicts with them, since they're used for so much -- but after trying that it does appear to be the Visustella Battlecore plugin. Changing the plugin order has no effect, and I don't want to have to disable one to use the other but I'm kinda stuck here...

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Indeed this conflicts with VisuMZ_1_BattleCore... I wonder if any one has asked @VisuStella if they would be super kind to make their battle core to be compatible with MPP_Pseudo3DBattle.js?

I bet there would be a lot of happy users out here after that ;)

Synchromystic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I also noticed that, when it does work (BattleCore disabled), the camera pans around so much that you can sometimes see black edges of the screen where the bottom corners of the lower background layer were sort of skewed to create the effect... The plugin actually mentions this and has parameters for zooming in a bit further so that doesn't happen as much, but when it does happen it kind of almost ruins the pretty aesthetic of the whole thing. Still an awesome concept for a plugin, but I'd like to see it improved upon just a bit more before I feel like incorporating it into my game.

And hey, cool lighting plugin! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My mom is finally coming home tonight! In the meantime, Wishful Wanda is back in production.
SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pictureperfect