hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
When in Battle, depth is already simulated by overlapping. the actors and enemies with a higher y value (lower on screen) are overlapping the ones with lower y values. this is updated every frame i guess.

so to add more depth to it, there should be a plugin that scales battlers and actors down when they have a lower y value than for example mid-screen and scaled up when they have a lower y value.

as the battlers are generally positioned in the lower part of the screen that reference point should be at around 2/3rds of the screen.

to sum up, the visual effect is that distant actors look smaller and near actors look bigger. fake depth/distance is simulated.

it should have the following options:

scaling modifier (how intense is the scaling difference per y pixels difference)

reference position (the y value on screen that has the scaling modifier 1.00)

hope i made everything clear

and thx in advance :)

hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
bump!

am i the only one thinking this is a thing you won't want to miss? or does it seem like luxury? ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Last week I was resting and working mainly on the game!
The current progress of the character.
OxWQ7zO.gif

Pre-programmed character :
-Cleaning
-Magic Book(include blood mode)
-Kettle pot stirring
-Other specimens(flower/bug...etc)
I found a huge spider in my house but it has disappeared and now I'm living in fear and paranoia
It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreskywalker