Publishing to Web Browser

Lord Valdyr

Team BlackHawk Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can anyone give me a proper rundown on how this works? I assumed by clicking the index.html in the project folder it would play my game in a browser. It appears to attempt to do so but I always get "Error Failed to load: data/Actors.json". Any help would be much appreciated!

A_Higher_Plane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not in any way an expert on this but have you tried multiple times? I sometimes get errors when using this as html but when I refreshed or I guess you can close and open the index html file then you can run it again and maybe it will work?

I wish these errors didn't keep happening. I need to publish this one day.

JumbocactuarX27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Pretty sure that you need to set up a server for your project first. If you just double-click the index.html file your browser will open it with a file protocol, but that doesn't help your browser get at the data files (of which actors.json is the first). You can set up a local server for testing by following the directions in the RPG Maker MV Help document under the Local Server Setup heading.

Lord Valdyr

Team BlackHawk Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I did not notice that in the help file. I was just looking at the output formats. Thank you JumbocactuarX27 I'll check it out tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blablabla