Purchased MV Tiles Compatible With MZ Not Functioning - Help!

Kitten2021

Just here to learn...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again all!

So I purchased off of Steam the MV Trinity Pack, which claims it is compatible with RMMZ but I cannot seem to get the tilesets to fit properly. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Does anyone have these tilesets already fixed that they might be able to get over to me, if I provide proof that I own the tilesets myself?

EDIT:
Oh, and I can't even begin to explain how horribly this stupid thing messed up my Character Generator... had to copy the folder from a newly generated game over to my game to fix the one I'm working on. :/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If people have problems with premade tilesets, then that is in 99% of all cases because they mixed up the six different formats for tilesheets.

The tilesheet pictures have six different formats, and each format ONLY fits the slot in the tileset they're intended for. A tilesheet made for A1 HAS TO GO into the A1 slot, it cannot be used in any other slot. And so on for A2 to A5.
ONLY the B to E slots can be changed with each other, and a tilesheet made for B-E cannot fit into any A# slot.

If that is not enough for you to sort out the tileset, then please give us a screenshot of your tileset from your database and we can tell you what else might have gone wrong.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I own this DLC, and I can confirm that the tiles work just fine in MZ and don't need any "fixing". So I can't help but lean towards the assumption that you're doing something wrong. If Andar's advice doesn't work for you, then It would probably be in your benefit to look up a video about how to import tilesets and other assets. Though if neither of those things help you, then it would definitely be ideal if you would provide us with both a screenshot of the problem, as well as a screenshot of the tileset in your database.

As far as the generator parts go, the store page does have a warning about that:
* To use this generator pack in MZ, you must backup the generator folder in your MZ installation and completely replace it with the generator folder in this DLC pack.
Unfortunately, you can't use both the generator parts from Trinity and the parts from MZ at the same time. You've gotta choose one or the other. It is a bummer, and one that I honestly feel should result in the MZ version of the DLC being discounted, but it is what it is. You can swap back and forth by renaming the generator folders, or you can try one of the third-party character generators (I think there are some out there that can utilize both sets of parts in a slightly less inconvenient manner).

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can work your way around the generator incompability in most cases, I wrote a tutorial about that:

It might take some time, but I rather spend a little time to convert something than to make it from scratch (or not have it at all).

Kitten2021

Just here to learn...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't figure out what happened... all I did was re-open my RPG Maker this morning, went back into the Database to take a picture of everything so as to upload it for you guys, but the tilesets are lining up in the Database now, no black bar on the right-hand side anymore. 0.o

Not a clue on what happened... but thanks to everyone for your advice anyways. Must have just been some strange glitch? *Shrug* Fixed itself, all I care! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetme