Puru's Artworks

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Puruiro, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Zebestian

Zebestian Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Puruiro these are seriously amazing! I'm struggling to find the right words to describe what I feel when I look at your art. It radiates a certain softness and gentleness that I find very appealing. I can't find any faults or flaws with my layman eyes here. How long have you been doing art for, if you don't mind me asking?:kaothx:

Puruiro likes this.
  2. Puruiro

Puruiro Artist and wannabe Game Dev Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Thomas Smith Thank you very much!! :kaocry:
    I'll open a shop someday for sure!^^
    (and you can get good too, as long you work for it! You can do it!! :XP1C:)

@Zebestian I have been drawing since kindergarten, just never took it seriously until 8-9 years ago^^
    It makes me happy to read that, thank you very much :kaocry:

3. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Amazing art, but one of the eyes looks off on the Ib and Mary one. That was the only flaw I was able to see. You should definitely keep up. This is definitely above average art.

Puruiro likes this.
  4. luzi

luzi Freelance Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I like your artwork very much, especially the character's expression!

Puruiro likes this.
  5. IguanaGuy

IguanaGuy Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know I'm not the first to say this in this thread, but you should consider opening some form of shop or way to do some commission work. If these are done via pen and ink and not straight digital, they still look awesome on my screen! I would love to have some of your concept art in my game as a unlock reward or something for my players. ( Just dreaming out loud there.) Be sure to let the word out if you do "open shop." Even if you don't, keep up the good work. :uwink::aswt::eswt:

6. Puruiro

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Windows i7 Thank you for the criticism, I'll be sure to watch out about that :kaosalute:

@IguanaGuy Thank you so much, reading this made me so happy! I want to open a shop sor sure someday, still gotta prepare for it, so if I'm ready and open it, surely I'll let y'all know about it^^

And now here are some new pieces:

Some original works

[​IMG]

(this one is a bit old, but I still kind of like it :kaoblush:)
    [​IMG]

And some guys, because I draw too many girls lol
    This was a little fanart sketch for http://pollinating-games.tumblr.com/ of their game "Moacir", which is still in development
    I used a reference for this
    moaciir.png

And this is another little fanart for http://choko-flan.tumblr.com/ of their game "Friend Hunt", which you can play here https://choko-flan.itch.io/friend-hunt- (its super short tho)
    [​IMG]

Poryg, Marquise*, luzi and 4 others like this.
  7. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You've really got a knack for colouring! All your pieces have such a soft and warm atmosphere :kaoluv:

So... can I be cheeky and ask what program you normally use? What kind of brushes do you use?

How long does it normally take you to finish a piece?

Oh and also, what kind of things inspire you? :kaojoy: Your characters seem to always have gorgeous hair~

starlight dream and Puruiro like this.
  8. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Amazing artwork. Colors, proportions, and shading are all excellent. You definitely have the potential to go pro if you haven't already.

9. IguanaGuy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, now your just going to incite a riot showing us more good pics like that! (Laughing) Don't even put a door on that "shop" of yours because it will just get torn off by the mob trying to get in. I would like to touch base again when I consider my game near completion (bug tested, etc.) to see if you are ready then to do any work on others behalf, but for now we can just enjoy being artists in our respective fields. :eswt:
    I like the guy picture you made too. Not too many of those in number compared to girls, but I guess that is a market thing?

10. Puruiro

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Rhino Thank you soo much! :kaocry:As to the questions
    I use Paint Tool Sai^^

I change my brushes often and I also like to experiment with different brushes, but these are the ones I use the most
    I use multiple different brushes for my lineart but this is what I use the most:
    brush 1.png
    Its a bit texture-y and feels nice and relaxing when I use it, kinda feels like I'm doing traditional art

This is my main one for painting and shading:
    brush 2.png

It can be very different, sometimes it takes me like a day, sometimes a week, it depends on how much I have to do, how experimenal I am and how detailed I work^^

Honestly anything can inspire me :kaoswt: My brain would suck everything like a sponge and then very often spit out an idea at night when I'm about to sleep lol (and I have to get up and write/doodle it down lol)

But if I'm looking for something, I would look through my folders with pictures I have found on tumblr, pinterest and everywhere else. I also just browse through pinterest or look for some magazines/books. Also I would go for a walk through my district (or my apartment sometimes too lol) and if I come anything interesting looking (whether that be a good reference, nice looking lights/shadows or beautiful colors) I quickly take some pictures with my phone^^

@Windows i7 omg, I honestly dream of going pro, so reading that made me very happy, thank you! :kaocry:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Rhino and starlight dream like this.
  11. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Awww they're so beautiful I want to hug them! :)

Thanks for sharing the info on what materials you use. Your art is inspiring and you have a strength for colours and soft shading!!! Your characters have a sweetness to them :kaojoy:

You know, even if your shop isn't open yet, you already have a bunch of people lined up to commission you already! ;) So you know.

But it is sincerely inspiring to see someone dedicated to their art and I look forward to more.

True, drawings of guys are rarer (especially in anime type) and I like the one you posted. I'm slightly amused that the only guy here is knitting.^^

Good luck with everything you take on! Always!!! :)

12. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Purrrrrrrrrrr, Purrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuu :3

I'm going to marry them all! :kaoluv: Except for the male characters of course :kaoback:

13. Puruiro

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Weak........ :VXA3: jk jk, congratulations to you and your many wives!! :XP1C:

@starlight dream Indeed drawings of guys are rarer, I fell into that habit too, thats why I'll remind myself to draw more from now on^^ I'll keep working hard:kaosalute:

14. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not weak, I just don't swing in that direction, so I have no reason to invite him to my waifu club. Wouldn't it be weird anyway, a man in a waifu club? :D

Puruiro likes this.
  15. richter_h

richter_h Eh? Sweetroll? Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Stumbled upon this thread and dayum, I swear I've seen the rapier lady earlier but I can't remember where.
    Keep up the good work, mate.

Also here, for your wonderful works, you got my seal of approval
    [​IMG]

16. IguanaGuy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I checked out more of your artwork on your instagram and deviantart links and then I saw "her" You CAN draw Cat-girls too! And the way she is wearing that outfit with the sleeves too big to see her hands in?! Its so fun to look at that pic.... So is it July yet? Is the store open yet? Haha.

Edit: From further review - the girl may be a Kitsu ( Fox girl) Ear orientation is everything!
    That however neither adds or takes away from the beautiful artwork it is.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  17. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You-shouldn't... Have... Mentioned anything about cat girls... I took a look at her other pages thanks to that... Uuuuuuuuuh.... *dead*

18. IguanaGuy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Poryg Sorry for dangling the lure with my comment. Looks like you got hooked too. This is where I wish there was an anime artist's ranch somewhere where all the talent like this just hung out and drew pics all day long. I guess someone would have to support and feed them though. Wait! I'll check to see if I have the winning numbers this week. Nope. (sigh)

19. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha, maybe next time :D
    Although there is one thing I have to say. Shame on you for not being able to recognize a cat girl! :D
    The one on her Instagram page is not a cat girl, cat girls have their ears pointed forward. I'd say she's a kitsune. A fox girl.

Marquise*, Puruiro and IguanaGuy like this.
  20. Puruiro

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @richter_h I think we met on RPG Maker discord, maybe thats why... And thank you for the seal! :kaopride:

@Poryg @IguanaGuy Interesting...... *writes down "Weaknesses: Cat girls"* :MV3:

(and yes, she's a fox girl, just to confirm it^^)