Putting Text on moving events

notmexicanjose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
OK. So, I have an event with a move route that goes up and down and I want to make the said event say something or show a text when I press the action button without facing me or changing its move route. I imagine it would look like the player is listening or eavesdropping on the event.

I don't know how to do it as the event is in parallel process and can't be interacted with at the moment. This is a test project so I'm free to mess around with it.

I also read something that solves this but it removes the move route and replaces it with random movements, which I don't want.

Thank you.

Event.png

notmexicanjose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Probably not the solution you're looking for, but this seems like something that could be well implemented with Yanfly's Gab window plugin

http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/18/yep-46-gab-window/
Those are good plugins. I might try it sometimes, but I'm looking for a solution that will open a text when I actually try to press the action button while they are doing their move routes. Thanks anyways.

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably not the solution you're looking for, but this seems like something that could be well implemented with Yanfly's Gab window plugin

http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/18/yep-46-gab-window/
Not to mention that's an MV plugin and OP is using VX Ace according to the section we're in :p

This doesn't require a plugin or script of any sorts though, its fairly simple to do.

First, take off parallel process, you don't need it. Just set it to Action Button or Player/Event touch. It doesn't really matter which. Instead, go under Autonomous Movement, set it to custom, click on the Move Route button and put the movement route you have in there, while removing it from the contents. Basically you want nothing inside the event,

Next, create a new event in one of the squares right beside the NPC. Leave it as a blank image, have its priority set to Below Characters, and its trigger to Action Button (Alternatively, you could set it to player touch and it will trigger as soon as the player walks on it rather than having to enter an input first.). Put all the dialogue you wish for the NPC to say into this invisible event. Because you're talking to it and not the NPC, it wont end up affecting the NPC's movement route, and he'll continue walking along while you go through his dialogue.

Lastly, copy this blank event and paste it into all the squares that are adjacent to his movement route. So for this particular movement route, you would place it like so

movement.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like he said Eventpage on Event Touch or Action Button.

In autonomous moveroute you need to activate and deactivate the direction fix after and before every turn in the moveroute.

Thatway the event will not turn into the direction it got activated from.

Dont mark skip if cannot move, thatway the event continous its moveroute even when blocked by the player until player moves away.

if not blocked by player it should continue its moveroute.(else i know workaround for that)

On the Eventpage just Activate 1 Switch

Switch is condition for paralell common event or another map event, which includes your textbox maybe a 30 to 60 frames wait and than turn switch off.

the wait is so the player does not activate the event several times while trying to click away the textbox atleast  in theory :) not tested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you download a resource, be it art or plugin, please thank the creator for their time. We are all guilty sometimes of just grabbing something without commenting. Now is the time to go through your credit list and visit the threads/site where you got the resource from and leave a heartfelt thank you!
October is officially here. I'm hoping to get a call from Spirit Halloween soon. It didn't happen today, but I've got to keep my head high.
So, what is this "Inktober" everyone's speaking about? Because apparently, I have no idea what happens on this site...
O_O One day left until I can pre-order the new NSP album! Yay!
Ah, today's the start of Inktober! I should do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andersonmb