Putting unlimited characters in the database's input fields?

Baibu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a way to do away with the harsh character limit imposed on many of the editor's text fields?
i.e. the 'Basic Status' and 'Commands' fields under the 'Terms' tab only allow for a maximum of 13 characters each, which is not enough for me.

I understand that this is to ensure that the text can be properly displayed within bounds in game, but I'd like to input much longer strings and to experiment with auto-formatting them before they are drawn.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not in the editor.
You can have scripts to redirect the data source and then use longer texts that way, for example
SES external text

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone, we know that the edit bar is missing. We're working on it. You can talk about it in the announcement here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-errors-missing-edit-bar-etc.132715/
So, explain why we can no longer use BBC code or smilies in our posts? This sparks much sadness...
Are we now stuck with WYSIWYG ? I cannot revert back my posts to good old raw text ?
I'm wondering if I may be putting too many things into one map. A story, within a story, within a story . . . it's fun, but I can't shake the feeling that it may be better to scrap some of it, and use it for another map. I'm not sure what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mineformer