Puzzle help

creeperfire23

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hey guys. So I'm thinking of a puzzle and I need help with it. Basically, there will be a room with some platforms, and all of these platforms are not connected, they're all separated by holes. I want to make a walkable tile appear between the platforms so the Player can walk around on them. There will be a specific path for them to follow and he'll then go to the next room. I just don't know how to do it, since there's no way to control Lower Layer tiles in an event. Can someone help me, please?

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
set them in the first page to a nothing image, then set below character, trigger when player touch and self switch it to a page 2 where the image you want will appear.
for the "holes" where the player cant walk just set them as impassable tiles, or use yanflys movement restriction or just duplicate the tiles in a png on photoshop and set them different in the database, the original tiles can be walked through, the duplicate tiles are obstacles

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can assign events tile images from tileset pages B~E. Events with tile images will affect the passability of that tile accordingly. Remember you can edit together your own tileset page(s) if need be, using an appropriate graphics editor: anything that can handle transparent PNGs should be OK (I use GIMP).

One approach could be to make one event per bridge, each with a single event page: Condition Switch X is ON, no commands, below-player tileset image. If the bridges are independent then this would need one switch per bridge, but otherwise would be pretty simple to set up. :)

Alternatively you could use self-switches. You can use a Script command to remotely toggle self-switches, e.g. "turn on self-switch A of event 5 on map 12":
JavaScript:
$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([12, 5, 'A'], true);
Swap true for false to turn it off instead~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duskpyx