Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
4.PNG
Hello!
As I challenge myself to make a game using MZ, I decided to make a thread too.

*Disclaimer: Blood, horror, death

"Goodbye Nightmare" is a short horror RPG game. You play as "Monica", a young girl who is trapped in a cursed house. She makes a final wish to spend her last time with her dear family. But before her family could return home, she has to solve deadly puzzles and survive monsters first.

Game features: Original art, original story and characters; 2.5D similiar style; horror puzzles

Monica
1.PNG

Teddy
Monica's precious toy bear. Unfortunately, despite their cute appearance, Teddy is not very reliable in Monica's eyes.

3.PNG
2.PNG

MogHunter
Galv
VisuStella
ScSWinter
Raizen

*I might use more/less plugins in the future. So this list is changable

Notes:
This game is still in early development. As it's a one-person project, there's a lot for me to work on. Luckily it's a pretty short game, so I'm able to manage it.

I'll update the project gradually. Open to suggestion/critiques anytime:kaothx:

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SummerCat Please update your thread so that it follow the Games in Development rules, at the moment your synopsis is too short. If you're still early in development and can't meet the requirements, we could move this thread to Game Ideas and Prototypes.

Also, please change the color you're using for test. The blues are difficult to read on the forum's dark mode.

SummerCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hiddenone I changed the colors and all. But in light mode texts become unreadable again. How do I fix it?;;

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SummerCat The Text Color choice has an eraser in the lower right spot, if you use that it'll remove color formatting and use the right color depending on the mode. :)

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You had me at "Puzzle Horror." Hope the demo comes soon.

SummerCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You had me at "Puzzle Horror." Hope the demo comes soon.
Thanks! I'm trying my best to make a playable demo asap.
The problem is I rendered the maps in 3d software. Takes me a lot of time to rearrange them in the grid system:kaosigh:

Dutchmountain

engineering the impossible
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the style of the side view rendered from 3d software, am experimenting with it myself too. It is indeed a lot of work but can be rewarding to do. "Puzzle and Horror" is always a good combination, good luck with your game.

SummerCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the style of the side view rendered from 3d software, am experimenting with it myself too. It is indeed a lot of work but can be rewarding to do. "Puzzle and Horror" is always a good combination, good luck with your game.
Thanks! Yeah 3d is definitely great! and 2.5d is the best
Good luck with your experiment too! it can be tricky but really fun

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whoa. Definitely looking out for a demo of this one, cause it seems like prime material for a ManlyBadassHero video. (If you dont know who he is, he's a youtuber that covers horror games like this.)

SummerCat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoa. Definitely looking out for a demo of this one, cause it seems like prime material for a ManlyBadassHero video. (If you dont know who he is, he's a youtuber that covers horror games like this.)
omg Manly is like my favorite youtuber out there! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheesepot