ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you can set your tile grid to 32x32 in MV (though I don't know if this affects the editor, never really messed with that).
I'm using 32x grid in my MV project, so I can chime in on that. You pretty much need two sets of tilesets (and parallaxes) set in '\parallaxes', '\parallaxes_small', '\tilesets', '\tilesets_small' folders. Regular Tilesets/Parallaxes folder has them with 48x48 grid (that you use while mapping), but then the game uses stuff from '\..._small' folders.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Preview of the roof tiles, coming up soon. These modular pieces work in conjunction with the walls, floors, and other similar tiles to complete the exterior of your buildings. (Side note, a lot of the seams seen here have since been fixed).

@ekhartpl - So if I am understanding correctly, you would just need to put placeholders in the "regular" folders and then put the actual sized pieces in the "small" folder? Sounds pretty simple. I imagine you can remove all of the files from the "regular" folder when you export so they don't add additional file size bloat?

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So if I am understanding correctly, you would just need to put placeholders in the "regular" folders and then put the actual sized pieces in the "small" folder? Sounds pretty simple. I imagine you can remove all of the files from the "regular" folder when you export so they don't add additional file size bloat?
I think you can, it shouldn't give out any errors, but (just to make sure) I'll probably resize them to 1x1px size and keep them, just in case. Still that's only a couple hundred kb max added.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

The first monster is made and available. This is a redone version of an unreleased monster from the scrapped Infernus pack (all of which will be folded into this new series of resources).

There are 400 frames of animation for walking, running, various attacks, idles, evading, getting hit, critical health, and much more, including tail wagging (who's a happy demon puppy?!) - Also available is the high resolution image of the above creatures with transparent background.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

This weekend will see the release of a lot of resources! New trees and ivy, 256 objects ranging from standing armor and archery targets to chairs and beds and tables and much more. More character pieces also coming this weekend!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do those walls look so blurry?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The whole image came out kind of blurry actually, perhaps from some of the overlays I threw in, or image compression (it's a jpg after all), or both.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
May have been answered already, but we do get the option for the default, non-isometric perspective? I find features regarding NPC movements haven't really been made for 8-way movement.

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ The Medieval packs I have include both isometric and non for all the buildings, castle components, and such. Essentially more or less every item has 8 different views from straight-on, 1/4 turn clockwise, left-facing, 3/4 clockwise, etc. going around...unless it's symmetrical. Since this is a 2.5D thread, I'm guessing that's why you don't see the 2D getting much love here...but it's available. :LZSsmile:

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anyone know what I need to set the tile size to in Tiled for use with these? 32x32 almost works but I can't get portions of certain tiles to line up with one another:

Clearly not what I need lol. At 16x16 they work but the image exports are absolutely puny. I was planning to essentially export images of my custom buildings for quick use in GIMP where I do all the nature and geography mapping, instead of trying to build them piece by piece in GIMP itself. I made tilesets as a series of images in the editor rather than a tile sheet, especially since their sizes vary.

EDIT:The image was only tiny because I had accidentally exported it with "use current zoom level" set on while I was zoomed out. So 16x16 works, but it won't let me draw a series of the same image in a line because it overlaps a ton of them due to the size I set.

upload_2019-5-11_22-7-39.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just downloaded Tiled to look, and it looks to me like you should be able to use the grid at 32. If your issue was with the back corner having the gap, you have to use the narrow post in that corner.
upload_2019-5-11_22-43-48.png

Attachments

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That narrow post throws it off though in comparison to making bottom corners, at least aesthetically. Oh well, I made a cool thing and just used 16x16 instead. Took a bit more individual clicking but no big deal.

upload_2019-5-11_22-47-43.png

The idea is to build the structure and separately export sections of walls, floors, etc as their own images. If I set it up correctly in-game, I can show the player behind the walls by making that layer transparent when they walk behind them. But this also makes building them a breeze because I don't have to deal with rearranging layers in GIMP

This was just an initial test but it only took a few minutes.

There is still a matter of some pieces simply not working in positions that they work in at 32x32 in GIMP upload_2019-5-11_22-55-2.png

Last edited:

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't been able to see the issue with the bottom corners, but glad you found something that is working for you.
I'm glad your question pointed me to trying Tiled though - I had been building my buildings in Gimp directly, which has been tedious .

I've mostly been working today on making the buildings playable.
With the farmhouse I have been playing with, stepping in/out of the house hides/removes the roof by changing the overlay layer and making the front walls above the character instead of behind them (using Galv's Layers Plugin). Then I have to change overlays again when moving in/out of the smaller back room to keep the doorway walls above/behind the character correctly.
upload_2019-5-11_23-10-36.png

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So TileD is nice but when I went to build the interior I realized that to draw tiles on the inside that sit behind the exterior walls, you have to place each section of exterior walls on their own layers(North, South, East, West) so that walls placed on the interior aren't drawn on top of the outside walls. I didn't plan on that in advance since I have never used the program before(Maybe layer groups will solve this I haven't tried yet). I did just the outside, remaking a building from an Ultima Online private shard I play on just for fun! It isn't totally spot on but I think I did pretty well https://uooutlands.com/wiki/Lightstone_Fortress

Last edited:

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I’m still out of state for another day but when I get back I will endeavor to make a guide or something to better instruct how to use them, though it seems like you guys are quickly getting the hang of them! Making some nice looking buildings

I will also be editing the main topic a little to be in better compliance with mod requests as well.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Taking a second crack at the inside. I might be able to make it work. It's just going to take some messing aboutunknown.png

@Jesse - PVGames A guide would be especially helpful. I don't know how you make your buildings so fast and efficiently but it takes me forever in GIMP, since layer orders and such are a nuisance, and my 32x32 grid snap is probably wrong because they don't snap into place without some tweaking. Roofs on complex buildings are also difficult at the moment

Last edited:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As much as I look forward to you building upon these graphics, my only disappointment lies not with you, but with how there doesn’t seem to be a way to make random movement in the diagonal directions.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Over 130 snow-related tiles finished up, including cabin and cabin roof pieces! Snowy cliffs, trees, snow banks, and more.

I am going to be writing up a document that outlines what all of the animations are for the characters and their respective frame ranges and all that. That info will be used with the software, but people can use it for reference as well. I need to get on making some guides, too. I am thinking next week I will focus a bit more on that.

@BloodletterQ - I know what you mean. Though, that is probably a reasonably low hurdle to overcome via plugin, all things considered. Might even be able to do it with eventing since you can move events diagonally that way, just need to come up with a way to somehow randomize it (maybe make a number of possible move routes and have the event randomly select one at time?)

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ @Jesse - PVGames You mean like this?

Using this?

◆Label:NextMove
◆Control Variables:#0180 Random = Random 1..9
◆If:Random = 1
◆Set Movement Route:This Event (Wait)
: :◇Move Lower Left

:End
◆If:Random = 2
: :◇Move Down

◆If:Random = 3
: :◇Move Lower Right

◆If:Random = 4
: :◇Move Left

◆If:Random = 6
: :◇Move Right

◆If:Random = 7
: :◇Move Upper Left

◆If:Random = 8
: :◇Move Up

◆If:Random = 9
: :◇Move Upper Right

◆Jump to Label:NextMove

:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TacoOtter