PVGames 2.5D Graphics

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, May 4, 2019.

1. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Due to getting ready to move to another state, I only made a relatively simple set of character pieces for a "commoner" type character.

GolfHacker and Guardinthena like this.
  2. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    41 new desert cliff tiles, for all your desert mountain needs!

3. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thats stunning stuff jesse.

4. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

My interstate move is going well, though the moving company broke my work station and I am waiting on a new one to be delivered, so my progress remains slow on my laptop. However, I did whip up over a hundred new gems (above) and a bunch of new support beams for buildings. Hoping to get my workstation up and running very soon!

Guardinthena likes this.
  5. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Truly truly outrageous...

6. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have a few questions about future monsters, @Jesse - PVGames. I was just recently going through and uploading the monsters for SV for my game and a few things came to mind.

Can we expect to see a Gelatinous Cube in the future? Perhaps one that has an empty belly, and another model with a skeleton and loot inside? It might sound silly, but it just hit me while working on my game as that classic staple of dungeon crawling. I remember encounters with those things from my early years of table top D&D and got a wave of nostalgia. It would be amusing to see in battle, the little slime minions and the Gelatinous Cube boss, or some such.

In addition to your recent material, can we expect to see more elemental/golems/atronachs? We have the rock golem from Medieval Dungeons and the water elementals from Medieval High Seas, but what about fire, ice, or storm/wind elemental/golem/atronachs?

Also...basilisk's. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before already but I can't recall.

The work and detail you're putting into this new project is gorgeous, Jesse. Every time I see a new post with some new terrain I get antsy to create beautiful maps with them.

7. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @Guardinthena - A gelatinous cube... the thought never even crossed my mind! I am sure I could whip something up in the future that fits the bill :) I do recall the monster from my old D&D days and was always amused by it. Attack of the killer Jell-O!

As for elementals, golems, etc, they are some of my favorite types of monsters so this is a definite yes, there will be more of these in the future.

Basilisks... Another one that did not really cross my mind. I don't think I have made one of these before, but there is a first time for everything!

Guardinthena and GolfHacker like this.
  8. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Eee! Very excited for the future monsters to come! I loved how you designed the stone golem, so I am curious to see how the other elementals come out! When you do whip up that gelatinous cube I would love to see your rendition of it.

I remembered the basilisk almost last second only because I was scrolling back through this forum's pages wondering if you had done these creatures already and I missed it, and saw the desert tiles again. That reminded me of the basilisk sunbathing on a desert rock. ;)

And gonna be honest, I am desperately trying not to bombard you with so many monster/creature questions right now. I don't know if there are some that you've done and posted only on your patreon, so I am desperate to ask what there has been so far. On a relevant note, I went back through your High Fantasy sets from VX Ace and noticed there was quite a few creatures there that hadn't made it over to MV: such as the dryad, frogkin, gazer, gargoyle, harpy and mimic to name a few. Especially. The. Mimic. There was also a lot of town/farm animals like the bird, cats, chickens, hens and horses. I was going to see about using the bird, cat and dogs for MV, but I have to ask. Will these monster/creatures make a comeback in the future?

9. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Pretty much yes to all of that, @Guardinthena :)

I could get away with making a lot of monsters for VX Ace because each monster only had one simple sprite sheet and one little face for the most part. As time goes on, I endeavor to add more sprite sheets for all sorts of various potentially useful animations, more faces, larger, more detailed battlers, and so on, so the amount of time per monster increases, but so does the quality and quantity of overall resources per monster.

Guardinthena likes this.
  10. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    Because you need all the metal ore! Whipped up 105 ore tiles. Each unique ore piece comes in five varieties/shapes.

Guardinthena likes this.
  11. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    Of course, once the ore from the previous update is all smelted it will turn into these ingots!
    There are 21 unique ingots corresponding to the 21 unique ores from the previous update. Each unique ingot comes in 12 different styles/facings for a grand total of 252 ingot objects.

Guardinthena likes this.
  12. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

This skeleton took a lot less time than I initially anticipated.

My first thought when making this monster was to take some of the human animations and apply them to a skeleton body, which would have been a little bit of a time-consuming endeavor (but nowhere near as time-consuming as making them all from scratch).

However, with a little outside-the-box thinking, I ended up actually making the skeleton body a part of a human character's "clothes" so to speak, and then made the human character invisible, thus leaving the spooky boi. What this did is make the skeleton body move exactly in conjunction with the human character, so every single animation that the human characters have, the skeleton has as well.

This will let me make a large variety of skeleton types with very little additional work - skeletons with clothing, armor, weapons, etc. You could even potentially add some existing male character pieces to the skeleton sprite sheets. They might not align exactly due to the fact that the skeleton is "inside" the human so there might be some gaps/spaces between where you see the visible skeleton and where the clothes/armor/weapons rest on the fleshy meatbag human.

13. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Another spooky boi joins the mix, the Skeleton Soldier!

Guardinthena likes this.
  14. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Clever idea!

15. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Due to popular request, I made a full tileset for brick buildings (62 pieces).

GolfHacker, Guardinthena and mlogan like this.
  16. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    Made an edited version of the red brick tileset and created this gray brick tileset.

Guardinthena, GolfHacker and mlogan like this.
  17. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are just flat out amazing. What pack do these belong to?

18. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Whew, first character since moving! I definitely hit a few snags and speed bumps with this one and had to redo a couple of the pieces multiple times from scratch. However, I really think the hair came out great this time around!

@NinjaKittyProductions - Currently they are not in any packs, only available through a method which I can not speak in public, but feel free to PM me if you wish, or check out my website.

Guardinthena likes this.
  19. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Just in time for Halloween (well, quite a bit early actually), this crawling mass of bones and entrails will certainly give pause to your players!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Guardinthena and Zyphli like this.
  20. Guardinthena

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    (Me as a player seeing that monster in a game for the first time) Jump screams and pauses game. Then takes a moment to process what I just saw and what my character(s) have in my arsenal to kill it and kill it fast.

Amazing job as always, Jesse! Keep up the work!