BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What an ass you are for making that pack mule carry so much.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just had a quick thought, are there round pieces to go with all the buildings so we can make oval rooms or round towers for our hermit wizard types? I didn't see any examples of such from your screen captures or constructed building snapshots.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Guardinthena - Not at the moment, but they are requested enough so I will probably make some round modular pieces for people to make their own circular (or semi-circular) rooms :)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh thank goodness! That is good to hear!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

November was a busy month as I focused on making a whole bunch of animals, each with 400 frames of animation (walking, running, various combat animations, behavioral animations, resting, etc, all in 8 directions). There are 6 new dogs, 6 new cats, 6 new horses (not quite released yet like the others) 4 donkeys (two with and two without cargo), a buck, a deer, and some other stuff I forget off the top of my head (oh yeah, and a bunch of wolves).

I had to make a Beastmaster set of character pieces to handle them!

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Most Recent Updates:
Here you can find the most recent updates to the 2.5D resources:

The Carnivorous Plant

The Assassin

Large Statues (with and without plinths)

105 Metal Ore Tiles!

41 new desert cliff tiles!

141 New Wooden Building Pieces!

12 Desert Ground Tiles, 9 Giant Monster Skulls, and 88 Sandstone Building Pieces!

128 new Fieldstone and Wood building pieces and floors!

104 New Tile Objects including modular rug pieces, counters/tables, bookshelves, books, and more!

83 Wood and Plaster building pieces completed!

Over 40 new Blacksmithy objects finished with more to come! The forges are animated as well.

85 new building tiles for Fieldstone buildings!

150 New Tiles - alchemy flasks and potions, astronomy objects, new food items, additional furniture, paintings, and more! Also released are animated light candelabras and wall sconces as well as several varieties of animated potions, both bubbling and glowing.

Railings and bannisters, modular shadows, and more!

Over 130 snow-related tiles finished, including cabin tiles!

256 new objects to fill your maps, primarily centered around armories and kitchens, but also includes a bunch of furniture, beds, tables, etc.

Roof tiles! Working in conjunction with the walls and floors and all those tiles, the roof tiles will allow you to complete the exteriors of your buildings.

Additional pieces for the stone building set plus some fixes to existing pieces.

Modular river bank pieces.

Moss and grass covered cliff tiles.

Wood Building tiles and more Nature tiles and decals.

Stone Building, Interiors, and Nature tiles and decals, the first batch.

The Necromancer

The Witch

The Daemon Knight

The Valkyrie

New Mythos Lady Character Pieces!

First Male Commoner Character Pieces!

Female version of the Knight character pieces!

Female version of the Mage character pieces!

Male version of the Musketeer character pieces!

Female Archer character pieces!

Footman character pieces!

A Game of Thrones inspired base - though I thought he kind of looked like Dr Manhattan from Watchmen as well.

New character pieces for the Female Battleguard class

Upon request, a nurse in the Mythos style!

Sk
ål! A Shieldmaiden for the frozen lands!

Male Detective (Mythos)

Female Bard

Female Cleric

Male Berserker

Male Battleguard

Male Knight

Female Musketeer

Male Mage

All monsters have 400 frames of animation and a high-resolution, large static image.

Uruk Crusher

The Weretiger

The Air Giant

Troll

Uruk Soldier

The Hell Warden

Skeletal Shambler!

Undead Dragon

Wyvern

Dire Wolf

Red Dragon

Peeker

The Apex Hunter

The Apex Predator

The Apex Stalker

Daemon Hound

Overview:

This new set of graphics is focused around offering resources that allow for greater visual depth and detail than what can usually be found. A great deal of emphasis is placed on modularity to allow for maximum flexibility and creativity, both for the tiles themselves as well as for the characters. The majority of these resource are hand-drawn, with some being rendered from 3D models (the characters primarily, and a handful of the objects).

What are these?!

2.5D is a very general term used to describe a 2D perspective that represents a 3D projection or space. This is NOT 3D, it is merely a 2D perspective (in fact, you can't actually recreate this perspective in 3D at all!). In this specific case, the perspective is at a 45 degree rotation.

2.5D graphics are wonderful because they can add much-needed depth and dimension to your game maps.

How do you use them?

These tiles were designed to be used a lot like Lego building blocks. They are modular in nature and will snap together easily on a 32x32 grid in spite of the fact that they are larger than 32x32 pixels. Due to their basic structure and modularity, this allows you to make an infinite number of structures, rooms, etc.

Decals!

While these tiles will snap together on 32x32 pixel grid, these resources also include "decals" which are tiles with blended and faded edges. This allows them to be placed almost anywhere and they will fit in. These are fantastic for covering seams, breaking up patterns, or just adding variety! Their uses are virtually endless.

Build Your Own Characters

In keeping with the concept of modularity, this new generation of character building resources includes TONS of customization of your characters. A variety of base templates can be freely mixed and matched with different outfit pieces such as tops, bottoms, hats, shields, weapons, helmets, hair, facial hair, etc. Each piece of equipment, clothing, hair, etc supports over 70(!!!) animations, all of which are in 8 directional facings. On top of that, there are 24 high-resolution face expressions, 24 high-resolution bust images, and 24 high-resolution paperdoll figures. Each of the 24 showcase different emotions and poses.

Speaking of Animations...

As of right now there are over 70 animations, each one available in 8 directions. These animations range from walking and running to fighting and sleeping, with so many in between. Fighting animations consist of a number of one and two handed melee attacks, ranged weapon attacks for bows and crossbows, as well as firearms such as pistols, rifles, and machine guns (not to mention unarmed attacks, throwing...)

You will simply not find a more comprehensive number of animations for 2D characters anywhere else. I've looked!

Ok, but making characters sounds difficult and time-consuming!

You'd be right, if it weren't for some fancy new software in development by my friend at Dekita RPG. Some key features:

• Freely add and edit clothing layers, hair, weapons, etc.
  • Editing layers includes altering colors, setting opacity, saturation, and more.
  • Animation previews (you can cycle through the animations and watch them in real time!)
  • Easy to use and flexible pathing system. Drag and drop the resources into the project folder, it's pretty simple!
  • Project Files: allows you to organize your characters and templates by project.
  • Custom exporting options gives you the ability to choose which animations you want to export. Not everyone is going to need or want all 70+ animations!
  • Flexible template system allows you to set up your own templates and custom animation parameters, faces, etc. This ultimately allows you to use not just my resources, but pretty much any character-making resources. This also means that all of my older resources can still be used by this software as well!
*Note: The above image is of the alpha build; the GUI will be cleaned up and organized and the overall look of the software will be a bit different than what is represented here.

What about monsters?!

No game would be complete without terrible baddies to slay! These monsters come with a whopping 400 frames of animation for walking, running, attacking, getting hit, wounded, and more actions, all in 8 directions! Each monster also has a high-resolution large static image that can be used for front-view battlers, static side-view battlers, promotional material, cutscenes, or any other purpose you can think of!

When/Where are they available?
PM me for details.

Thank you for checking out my latest resources!
Pm about details please

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I was thinking of making something fun for Christmas so I thought to myself: "who is the most beloved Christmas figure of all time?" -- The answer was simple. Krampus, of course. So I created a new Krampus character, created new animations, etc. And then I asked myself:

"what's better than Krampus?" The answer came quickly. Two Krampi (it ends with -us so the plural is Krampi and nobody can tell me otherwise!)

Of course, that begs the next most logical question: "What is better than two Krampi?!" Well, you can see where this is going.

Here is a preview of the first two Krampi. On the left you have your classic Christmas Krampus (I'll throw in his festive bundle of switches he uses for slapping naughty children) and on the right is the larger, lesser known Eldritch Krampus (perfect for those Christmas-themed Mythos games, because you know, those are a thing[?]).

I am also planning on a Cosmic Krampus, and perhaps some sort of Ice Krampus (North Pole Krampus?) and who knows what else. I mostly want to get the most out of the animations I made for this guy.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

The first set of requested of character pieces for the New Year!

MarkSA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The cats and dogs look handy. How does one get them?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Based off of another one of the New Year's requests, here is a character set for a female elven archer!

I will admit, not the best hair choice for the first elven character since it covers her ears, but still, I thought the hair went well with the rest of the outfit pieces!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Showcase_Male_ArcherElven.jpg
And now the male version of the Elven Archer!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Showcase_Male_Monk.jpg
A monastic monk to bring a bit of piety to your project!

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
awesome, that hair means I can actually put myself in game!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're sporting a Tonsure? It's all the medieval-era rage! :)

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Showcase_Tiles_Infernus.png
A sneak peak at the new Infernus tiles being whipped up! Should have them done within the month if all goes well.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Showcase_Tiles_Infernus2.png

Another look at the upcoming (FREE) Infernus tiles!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Showcase_Tiles_Infernus3.png
Update_72.jpg
A look at a few more of the upcoming free Infernus tiles!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

A larger image this time; went on a rampage with making Infernus tiles and am almost finished with the whole set, which now includes more building pieces (and some newly shaped ones).

In the next few days it should be finished and then released for free!

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These all look absolutely gorgeous. -_- I need more monies to buy all of these!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
I wrote a nice animated preloading system for mv+mz today. It only supports graphic assets atm, should it support audio too? See it in action in my recent minigame @
I posted my first commercial game on the forums, and now waiting for approval.
fingers crossed.
TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gesonel