azureeternal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

First-time poster, long-time lurker. I gots a question. I know online multiplayer gets asked about often, and while part of my question has been asked before, the whole thing hasn't. Soooo...

If I were interested in making a PvP, combat-only game (no exploration, no towns, nothing other than actual combat) with some kind of leaderboard system, would that be possible, for any of the RM games?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, my apologies, I saw MV in his profile, so I put it there. However it is more of a "how to" question of a specific nature, not a broad discussion on game mechanics, which is where it was posted. If the original poster feels it is better served in General Discussion, I will move it there.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably still better in MV, because MV has the highest chance of succeeding with such an idea.

To put it bluntly, all older Makers have absolutely no network capacity by default, theyy would need scripts to even check any leaderboard anywhere. For XP, there is an online system available somewhere, for VX I haven't heard of one such and for VXA only the very basics were developed by a scripter shortly before MV came out.

With MV, you can already deploy to web and can use javascript, so it would be much easier to write the neccessary functions - but it will still need custom plugins and a program on a webserver for responding to that plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edecio15