RMMV Qmovement and Yep Event Chase Player(Solved)

bishiba

Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi!

I have events moving around in the world and upon seeing the player they chase the player. Once they hit the player it runs a common event which triggers the battle scene. It works perfectly without Qmovement but I really wanted to have the free movement so I am trying to make it work. But it's just not working...

I've tried a few different things, tried searching but I'm just not having any luck in figuring out how to combine it. Qsight only triggers switches which really doesn't work, If it could trigger a common event then I could make it work though.

So any thoughts on how to make it possible?

Event chase player triggers in the move route on repeat:
Turn at random
1 step forward
Script: this._chaseRange = 48
Script: this._chaseSpeed = 4

Originally the chaseRange is 4 but I've changed it to 48 which at least makes the events chase, but the speed is all wrong as they are kind of glitching toward the players without any animation. I've tried change the chase speed too.

I know I am being short and not very detailed, the reason for it is that I am hoping there is a good fix for it. If more information will be needed I am willing and able to put the energy into compiling it very well.

Best regards,

Last edited:

bishiba

Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A

I had the same problem with the event only moving 1 pixel at a time towards the player, try my plugin and see if it makes any difference.
(EDIT: It does work) Thanks for the plugin. I tried it but it doesn't change anything, it looks the same. I recorded a snippet of the scenario and how it looks. The event does move normally but once the chase starts it gets all slow...

EDIT: Sorry, when I added your plugin I did two mistakes. The first was that I copied one of my plugin dividers which I have set to off and then changed it to your plugin. Forgot to turn it on. The other is that even though I read the plugin order I placed it between Q and Event chase. I don't know if the order mattered since I realized both mistakes at the same time and corrected both at the same time. Thanks so much! :D

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! My dad and I have forgiven each other, so we're planning to spend Spring Break together. We'll probably go to SeaWorld and Aquatica one day, and maybe even use my air fryer to make something to go with Dad's grilled steak. The train leaves tomorrow, and I'll be working on my game on board!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinthea