RMMV QMovement and YEP_RegionRestrictions(Solved)

bishiba

Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello!

Does seem like QMovement ignores region restrictions. Any workaround? Can't use tiles since the regions might be used on tiles with the max amount of textures on it already. Any way to add the restricted regions to the QMovement?

Tried placing them above and below eachother in plugins, naturally it doesn't work but still tried it.

Best regards,
Bishiba

sloths are ok

garbage boy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, that's a bummer. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most pixel movement doesn't work with region restriction.
if you want to block certain path, for actor, best way is to bound it with a switch
and make a nempty event, same as character to block players movements.

otherwise, you need to create a patch for it, I tried 4 pixel movements with
region restriction, and none worked :) its how they behave though.

Qmovement have a collision plugin to use, if it's pure actor, use that or empty event,
if it's used for something else, tell the exact reason whay should happen.

I believe there was another region restriction plugin or extended version that should
be able to fix pixel movement, I cannot come up with that name though.

bishiba

Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I will be using YEP_EventSpawner and let it spawn in events with a preset collider tag that will act as the collider. Then I can make it so colliders spawn in on the regions that are the block region with region restrictions. :)

Also prevents me from having to deal with individual blockers/events/collisionmaps.

Sucks in regards to the "allow" movement, but still better than having to revamp so many different regions...

bishiba

Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Some extra research; The plugin called QM+RegionColliders adds the feature.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supasyd93