Bridgeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
So... I'm using 16x16 tiles in my game... I'm using QMovement for pixel movement, and QCollisionmap for collisions.

The width of my map is 10 tiles in MV, which translates to 480 pixels, which is the width of my map in Photoshop, as well as my collision map.

However, the collision map should not move at all, it should be static. But it's not, and I can't figure out why it moves. If I move and the screen scrolls, the collision map shifts a few pixels.

Good:

Capture.PNG

Bad:

Capture1.PNG

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is your screen size?

Minimum map size has to be screen size or the engine can't handle the map and loops.
10 tiles is lower than default screen size -you should not be able to make a map that small in the editor

Bridgeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
what is your screen size?

Minimum map size has to be screen size or the engine can't handle the map and loops.
10 tiles is lower than default screen size -you should not be able to make a map that small in the editor

Sorry, screen resolution is 320x240.

On a side note, you actually can make maps that small even with the default resolution (at least in my version), but you'll have black cutoffs on the screen.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you remember to include the ! at the start of the parallax file name so MV knows not to move it?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D
This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MS278