QMovement Issues (Can't "Push Away" Event)

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Baka Alpaca, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Baka Alpaca

Baka Alpaca no clue what I'm doing Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello again :kaoswt:

Long story short, I switched some plugins around and had to find something compatible for what I was doing. I found the QSprites but I'm having the hardest time getting it to work and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. It obviously works in the demo, but I can't replicate it. I even directly copied/pasted settings.

https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo
    https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QM+CollisionMap
    https://quxios.github.io/plugins/QMovement

Basically:
    1) I can't "push" an event

^ possibly fixed by using qmove script instead of "away from player." Broke some events. No clue why. My bookcases have minds of their own now and may become sentient overlords of my game.

[​IMG]

Any help would be really appreciated ;;

1) Diagonal won't work at all, I can only go right/left/up/down fixed
    2) Dash does not trigger a separate sprite despite being set up fixed.
    3) Movement is static unless the grid is set to a large number despite being able to do 1 pixel in the demo fixed.
    5) Yanfly's region restrictions don't work anymore fixed.
    6) My collisions are suddenly messed up, where before I could go up the stairs with no problem; making it conform to a QCollision Map image does nothing to fix it.
    ^ still a problem, but at least slightly alleviated that I'm fine leaving it alone.

edit: fix something, break something else, I'm so bad at this :kaocry:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do you mean by "diagonal won't work at all"? What are you expecting it to do, and what is it doing?

3. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    read the helpfile, check teh demo, see if there is anything in the notetags, check commen events, skills, states etc etc and see if you missed
    anyhting, as well for any autorun on the map or parallelprocesses, check the character folder, check the plugin settings.

how are those setted up, how is teh names setted up etc etc. you might have missed something somewhere.

4. Baka Alpaca

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can only move up, down, left, right. There's no diagonal movement, I can't do it. Before I used GALV's diagonal which worked fine.

I've read the help file, there's nothing in the note tags for this plugin, the demo has no common events, I don't have skills/states. I've copied the plugin exactly from the demo, the settings are the exact same. I've tried multiple ways of naming the character file itself and I can't get it to work. "Kathryn", "QKathryn", "%Kathryn", and I've tried to change the setting to "Q{config}-" like some people suggested and it's no different than me trying "%{config}-".

edit: added a "-" to the end of my character file and now the dash works. So that's solved. But I still can't get diagonal.

5. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    some pixel movement dont work with yanfly region restriction or any region based (only empy event same as characters)
    because pixel movement can go from 1 pixel to 48 pixels. Region restriction need to be added to play nice.

did you check the demo on how the images are named? or do you have a link of the demo tutorial?
    than im able to check it out for you. also Q plugins wont work nice with any other plugins, only their own
    which they are based on. So to play nice to each other, you need to make your own plugins or alter
    the other ones to play nice with other plugins or move them below or above the other to see if its working.

6. Baka Alpaca

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Managed to fix the images. And yeah, I took out region restriction and figured I would just use collision maps (see spoilers) that Quasi also provides but I still have restricted areas (spoiler, second image) where there shouldn't be. Does that make sense? If I turn off the QMovement then the issue goes away and I can move through the stairs again. So I don't know if something else is interfering with it or what.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^ The demo is there ^

If you need me to package my game again, lemme know ;v; thank you.

7. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was hoping for a playable demo instead of the list (which i have) but they dont play nice with my plugins as well
    that I use. but idk if you can use multiple layers of collision.

The one thing you can try is to mark the collision where the player CANT walk and where the player can walk.
    if you want stop movement at the stairs, make invisible blackades (same as character) and a 2nd pages when below
    or block it another way around with an obstacle they need to get rid off.

or use it as place holder during that time.
    for another way around. see if your plugin are in order or try to move around up and down.
    can you screenshot your plugin list?

8. Baka Alpaca

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, shoot, I thought it was there. I'm a doof, I'm sorry ;o;

I'm just having trouble to get her to be able to walk up the stairs on the right side (and properly on the left) because for some reason the movement plugin is throwing in red where there shouldn't be? If I disable the plugin, I can walk up fine which is what I've intended.

(sorry it's a bit of a mess)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit: and now suddenly the diagonal is working??? It must've been conflicting with something I just turned off/removed. So now I'm just struggling with the collision map issue and the pushing items since I wanna use that in a puzzle.

edit 2: okay, so I think figured out the problem with the collision, perhaps. Because I have the "wall" layered behind the stairs, it's registering it as a wall and thus impassable. If I make the wall passable in the tilesets, it removes the blockade in the game itself but the collision map makes it so I still can't go through it. But, there's still a small section I can't get to go away.

[​IMG]

9. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    they seem to be fine so far i can tell, is it just diagonal movement for stairs needed? or in general as well in maps?
    because else you can event diagonal at stairs though.

if its in overall, than I have no clue, you can try using movement plus if thta can help but other than that, i have no clue.

10. Baka Alpaca

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah even if I pop the stairs into an event, it still restricts the player from walking on the specific three tiles for whatever reason. I want diagonal for everywhere, otherwise it feels clunky to me.

Thank you for trying to help though! I may just have to deal with this minor bug and leave it.

11. ShadowDragon

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    what you can try (its a long shot) is to unclude glave diagonal movement plugin (i dont know if they play nice)
    if not, than you can try a nother way unless someone knows a solution for this problem. if they work together,
    the problem might be semi solved while it can block and passible for diagonal movement on obstacles.

I personally block this one so they must go around and cant go into corners.
    But I wish you the best of luck on your project.