Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good to hear, since with that error gone I can start tweaking the details of my game's intro.

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. Also, which folder are the cursors stored in? If I could change cursors with a plugin command I wouldn't need TDDP Mouse System EX.

Cats777

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I click on "Set Default" while remapping keys, I get a reference error "QuasiInput is not defined". This also happens in the master demo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 5.56.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 5.56.21 PM.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 5

TomatoKing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the master demo, if the cat collides with the moving snowball it will stop and never move again, essentially hanging the demo.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates
QABS 1.2.4
  • Fix for `BACKWARD` skill actions
  • Fix for disabled enemies still being hitable
  • Changes for to fix a QSight issue
QSight 1.1.10
  • Minor change when getting the <sight> tag

@ZcheK Well I downloaded that plugin, and it was stuck loading with and without my plugins enabled. So may just be an issue with that plugin.

@Cats777 Thanks for the report, will have it fixed soon!

@TomatoKing I'll look into it, thanks for the report!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, so I'm not getting the enemy error anymore, so that's good.
However, I'm still having the problem where mouse1 and mouse2 don't use the skills I bound them to in the QABS plugin parameters.
In QInput, I have both Ecape/Cancel and Menu set to "["#esc","#x"]" and Ok set to "["#enter","#space","#z"]", yet the game still acts as if mouse1 and mouse2 are ok and escape/cancel/menu, respectively.
I tried turning off TDDP_MouseSystemEx, since that edits the way mouse input works some, but this problem still occurred.
Tried turning off all Yanfly plugins, just got an error.
I couldn't think of any other plugins that could possibly alter the way mouse input works, so I suppose I'll have to go through all my plugins one by one and try to find the one that's causing this problem. I'll update this post when/if I find it.
Edit: Okay, turned off all non-Qplugins... and I'm still getting the problem where mouse1 and mouse2 aren't seen as skill keys.
The only plugins I have turned on are QPlus, QInput, QMovment, QM+CollisionMap, QAudio, QABS, QABS+Gauges, QABS+Skillbar, QPathfind, QSight, and QPopup, and they're ordered like that in the plugin manager.

Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GameFire Again, not sure what that issue is. Since mouse1 and mouse2 work fine. I would recommend getting the ABS demo since it's setup to use the mouse for the 1st and 2nd skills. And compare it to your qabs config to see if you did something wrong, or if there's some parameter, notetag or something that makes the mouse1/2 stop working.

As for everyone else, I just want to let you know that I'll be gone for about a week. So feel free to report anything, and I'll get back to you all when I'm back home.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel dumb.
I had it set up as "#mouse1" and "#mouse2".
The demo has it set up as "mouse1" and "mouse2".
It's working now.
How I managed to miss that despite having the demo since I installed QABS, I do not know.

Arise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
When using diagonal movement, the speed is too fast. How can I make the character run a little bit slower?
I see in QMovement plugin for diagonal movement:

Default: 0 TODO not functional

Is this something hard to implement or just something very simple that was not done yet due to lack of time?

AFletch88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quxios, is it possible for the QABS to be map based? Like have the player run into an event and just have them in like a mini battle arena? Also is it possible to use SV_Actors for the players with this? My game doesn't have any monsters it's all people based so the SV_Actors would work best with this. Thanks.

kanzaki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
Hello Quxios. Is it possible to force the player or an event to do an ABS skill via plugin command or script? I remember there is a similar command in the old version (Quasi ABS instead of QABS). Do we still have that now?

Last edited:

HotMafia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I realize this is a long shot, but is there any way that QABS works with Yanfly's Battle AI Core?

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GameFire no problem! glad you got finally got it =p

@Arise I'm not sure. I can have it manually correct the speed like it does when using a gamepad. But it kinda felt too slow to me.

@AFletch88 With some rewriting it can, but would be simpler to just create just create a plugin that does that as you dont need most of the ABS stuff. You can use SV_Actors if you set them up with QSprite and get a plugin to disable the facing up and down directions.

@kanzaki Yup with a script call:

Code:
$gameMap.event(ID).useSkill(SKILLID, true);

or

$gameMap.event(ID).forceSkill(SKILLID);
useSkill will check if the character can use the skill (knows the skill / has enough mp/tp, ect. / not on cooldown) and pays the cost for the skill. The "true" at the 2nd arg is so the skill can be used while an event is running.
forceSkill will use the skill even if the character can't use. Doesn't pay any cost.
I plan to eventually add a section in the help with useful script calls. Not sure if I'll add plugin commands, maybe later on.

@HotMafia Probably not. Enemy AI don't use sideview AI since it's completely different.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that I've gotten the skill binding to work, I'd like to ask about whether it'd be possible to make a skill in QABS.
Would it be possible to make a skill where the player selects an enemy and is shown some information about said enemy? (For instance, their MaxHP/current HP, their MaxMP/current MP, their ATK/DEF/MAT/MDF/AGI/LUK, whether they're weak to any elements, and maybe some flavor text)
If not that's okay, I just thought that might be a neat/useful skill since it seems bestiaries don't work with ABS'.

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Loving the ABS, played with it for several hours so far :) Couple things:

1) I think you mean to have these the other way around. "Lock when targeting = true" should mean "can't move" right?

2) Is there a way to change variables and and switches in the ABS sequence, like with script calls, or can you only do it <onDeath>?

@kanzaki
Code:
$gamePlayer.forceSkill(SKILLID);
this one works for the player.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    506.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GameFire It's possible to improve ground/select targeting skills to show details on the targets the skill would hit.

@ZcheK Glad you like it!
1. I think you're right, I'll look into it to make sure which value is correct (if true means you cant move or can move)
2. I can add a new sequences easily. So it is possible to do some switch / variable manipulation in a skill sequence. But the only issue I see with that is if there are 2 instances of that skill currently on the map, can cause some unwanted effects I would assume. But I should also add in a "script" action so you can run some js inside a sequence.

TomatoKing

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance you could add diagonal terrain to the Qmovement plugin? (example: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/simple-diagonal-movement.9141/ )

gSLtvZA.jpg

It would also be pretty nice to have at least two inclinations available like in the image.

kanzaki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
@kanzaki Yup with a script call:

Code:
$gameMap.event(ID).useSkill(SKILLID, true);

or

$gameMap.event(ID).forceSkill(SKILLID);
useSkill will check if the character can use the skill (knows the skill / has enough mp/tp, ect. / not on cooldown) and pays the cost for the skill. The "true" at the 2nd arg is so the skill can be used while an event is running.
forceSkill will use the skill even if the character can't use. Doesn't pay any cost.
I plan to eventually add a section in the help with useful script calls. Not sure if I'll add plugin commands, maybe later on.

Loving the ABS, played with it for several hours so far :) Couple things:

1) I think you mean to have these the other way around. "Lock when targeting = true" should mean "can't move" right?

2) Is there a way to change variables and and switches in the ABS sequence, like with script calls, or can you only do it <onDeath>?

@kanzaki
Code:
$gamePlayer.forceSkill(SKILLID);
this one works for the player.

Thank you for your reply! Please consider adding the script section! It will be very helpful to all of us~

Last edited:

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's a quick tip to anyone using QMap.
You can go to GIMP and draw out a collider and taking note of the coordinates of the connecting points.
With these points you can use the poly feature and it will map them out for you saving you space and performance.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TomatoKing Sorry but no. Though it is possible, the easiest way would probably be to adjust the smartMoveDir functions to find the best angle it can move at.

@kanzaki Yup I do plan to one day. It's doc's are still incomplete and just haven't had time to get to writing them.

I also just want to link a post from ******* which is regarding what I should work on next now that most of the stuff I wanted to do for MV are done.
https://www.*******.com/posts/future-plans-13540924
Please check if out and leave a comment here or there!

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2dweeb6ae