QPlugins - Latest: QABS

luiscesjr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Nope, when deployed on Android. I mentioned that I guess in my first post.

But ok then, I will see what I can do from here aswell..

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates:

New plugin:

QUpdate - v1.0.0Download - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QUpdate.jsA Plugin to check if your QPlugins are up to date. Only works during local play testing. Please remove / delete this plugin before deploying.

QPlus - v1.0.2 - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QPlus.js

• Params are now cached
  • added Math.randomBetween
  • added charaId to Game Character classes
  • Game_Event comments no longer include its notes by default

QCamera - v1.0.1https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/blob/master/js/plugins/QCamera.js

• Fix for camera not following target after saving
  • Requires QPlus 1.0.2+

Last edited by a moderator:

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good work :)

When a game has a wide screen resolution (usualy the number of blocks for the height is not a whole number in that kind of situation), I noticed that the camera is not centered on the player.

It might be very useful to have a function to adjust the "Y shift" at will, this is an idea for a next update of QCamera. ;)

QSpeed is great, I guess some code from this plugin could be used for a "3D depth" thing (FF7-8-9 style), in order to adjust the speed of the player according to how far/close (s)he is from the camera. Now we need something to dynamically adjust the sprite size with depth too.  BD

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KaYsEr Thanks!

Will look into the camera, I'm assuming a 16:9 ratio? But either way an offset option does sound nice, specially if you got taller sprites, the camera will be centering on the feet.

As for the depths/scaling, I'll probably have it out soon. It'll also handle the characters speed inside of it. I just can't think of a good / proper name for the plugin lol.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will look into the camera, I'm assuming a 16:9 ratio? But either way an offset option does sound nice, specially if you got taller sprites, the camera will be centering on the feet.
Yes, 16:9 ratio. It gives a good result, except that little thing about the camera. It's not a big problem, but after playtesting the game for a while on a touch screen I realized it's a little annoying to have less "screen space" on the top screen (because more on the bottom.)

As for the depths/scaling, I'll probably have it out soon. It'll also handle the characters speed inside of it. I just can't think of a good / proper name for the plugin lol.
Going to be awesome!! This is one of the 2 remaining tool that I really miss from VXACE, the other one is a mask system, when you use a grayscale picture to define an "area" where another "texture picture" will scroll, a very efficient way to create many visual effects.

As for the name... Why not simply "Q3Dperspective" (or depth), if you have 3D in something it might arouse curiosity from the RPG Making community.  :D

Good luck! (don't worry, simply being able to move on the regular grid will be perfect. Maybe you can check compatibility with Galv plugins about "Diagonal/Extra Sprites" to be on the safe side: Mix-DEMO)

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I looked into it, and camera still seemed fine in a 16:9, so not sure why there's an offset for you. Either way I did update it to add an offset.

Updates:
QPlus - v1.0.3 - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QPlus.js

• Fixed a bug in the stringToObj func

QCamera - v1.0.2 https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/blob/master/js/plugins/QCamera.js

• Added new parameters to offset the camera

If you have any zoom plugin, then offsetting might not work as well since the offset value won't be scaled + has to overwrite a few functions that zooming plugins would also need to overwrite. As long as they did the same thing I did, should be no compatibility besides the offset not scaling.

For the depths/scaling plugin, I was thinking of naming it QPerspective, but then it's not really changing the perspective since the top width and bottom width are still equal. This is more like rotating on the x axis. Might just go with QScale or QZoomDepth. Either way, I have it nearly done, going to pm you in a bit to see if this is what you meant.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates:
QPlus - v1.0.4Download - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QPlus.js

• Fixed a bug in pointToIndex function
  • Added in notes function to characters

New:
QMap - v1.0.0

Download - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QMap.jsSimilar to a parallax plugin. This plugin creates maps you created using QMapEditor.

QMap editor should be pretty simple to use. For the Z values:

/*
 * Z coordinate:
 * 0 : Lower tiles
 * 1 : Lower characters
 * 3 : Normal characters
 * 4 : Upper tiles
 * 5 : Upper characters
 * 6 : Airship shadow
 * 7 : Balloon
 * 8 : Animation
 * 9 : Destination
 */
Ideally you would only use z values between 1-5. But you're free to use which ever, even past 9.

If you have any recommendations on how to make the editor easier / any missing features. Feel free to let me know!

Lithalean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, Quasi (or do you prefer Quxios, or Emilio ?)
1st are formost, thank you for your editors and plugins. I want you to know its because of you I'm even using RPG Maker MV (and Windows for that matter :D ), and not some other engine.

QMap:
Ok so this is amazing. It has taken me a minute to switch from my old way of doing things (Kaus ultimate overlay & TDDP bind pictures to map), to fuly using this plugin.

Good news is that it has significantly increased my FPS. Although, events don't seem to line up for me.
map002.pngmap003.png
That would lead me to my question / recommendation (or maybe I'm just doing it wrong)
Event Shortcuts. So say you have an event, such as a door or a chest as an object on the map editor. Is it possible to link that object to an event that is out of sight on the cornor of the map. Like if you press the action/ok/z button while facing _object placed on the map through the editor, it will run the event off in the cornor as if you were infront of it. basically, making it so events in-game are not bound to the grid, and can be ran from anyplace on the parallaxed map.

How would that work with enemies using your ABS??

QAudio:

So this plug-in works for me much smoother, and is more flexable than the previous "JavaHut_AudioManagerEX" plugin I was using for dynamic sound. Problem is, the sound doesn't work once deployed to iOS. It works just fine in the editor, but not after deployment. Any Ideas?

Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lithalean Hi! Either's fine, I'm more used to being called Quasi here though.

As for the QMap that's odd, does the QMap editor grid line up with the grid in mv editor? If it doesn't then it's probably a bug with the screenshot in the qmap editor. Though if it does line up, I'm not having that issue. Do you think you can make a small demo with that issue and send it to me?

And for that recommendation, that is kind of like something I will be implementing eventually. I'll be making a plugin called something like QImport. And with that plugin you would be able to "import" an event in a map obj. What would actually happen is that map object with the note tag ( lets say it was like: <importEvent:1,1> ) it will replace that map obj with event 1 from map 1, keeping the map obj's position.

For the QAudio, sounds similar to the issue for deploying for android that was mentioned before:

So I would be in the same spot here, and not know how to fix it.

Lithalean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Quasi,
So, I sent you a link to my demo through a message. I think in that demo I had the "screenshots" visable through the parallax as you did in your video. When deploying, I have them off, due to the white border as you see in above screen shots. I guess I could just use photoshop to change the borders to black, or even transparent like the origionals. I guess I should also mention i'm using your collision mapping as well.parallax.png
It should also be noted all my maps are relative to the iphone resolution (1334 x 750). Currently Map001(intro) & map002(house inside) are a 1334 x 750, and map003 is at 2668x1500.
Originally, I was making the maps much bigger than that, and having the player accessible space being in the middle and 50%+ of the map (borders) being ununsed blank space. The reason for doing this, is because I would like the player to remain in the center of the screen (above health & mana bars) regardless of position on map. I'm assuming this is possible through qcamera? If not I can go back to making the maps bigger. Something like 4002 x 2250, or whatever will keep the player center.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lithalean Ah yeah I see now. The issue is that your ingame grid size isn't 48x48, while the QMap editor is 48x48. So I'll patch that up as soon as I can.

With QCamera you can offset the center of the screen. But if you move near an edge of the map, it will still stop scrolling.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates:
QPlus and QAudio
  • Removed some template literals for possible mobile support?
QMap
  • Fixed some undeclared variables

New:

QTouch - v1.0.0 - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QTouch.js

This plugin extends the mouse features of MV to make it feel more natural. You are able to change the image used for the cursor. Cursor will change to pointing cursor when hovering over a selectable item. You can make the cursor hide when it's inactive for X frames. Window choices will get selected / highlighted when the mouse is over them. And clicking on them once will run that choice.

* One known bug: When using a custom cursor in desktop mode; When you move the cursor out of the window when re-entering the cursor may get stuck in the resizable cursor. Not sure how to fix this, but it appears to be a bug with nwjs that's fixed in 0.13 but mv uses 0.12. This can be fixed by wrapping mv yourself with a newer version of nwjs or using my ElectronMV. Another fix would be to hide cursor, and use a sprite. But I'd prefer to use css as a sprite might look slower / laggier then normal
* There's also a new class, Sprite_QButton, included which extends the Sprite_Button class for additional handlers, such as; onMouseEnter, onMouseExit, onMouseOver, onRightClick, onDoubleClick, ect. Though I completely forgot I included this class in this plugin so I'll write some docs on it the next time I update this plugin.

Last edited:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi! I really like the speed plugin, it definately brings a bit more realisim to the speed changes.
Quick question though: Aside from the default speeds events use- is there a way to change speeds itself?
I'm looking to have sprint speed slower as it's current speed can match/outrun moving cars which use the top speed commands.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge Thanks, and what do you mean by
is there a way to change speeds itself?
There are plugin commands to change them, or using a note to set their default speed. Or do you just mean for how much speed increase when dashing? If so then no, I hadn't thought of that! But will add that in as a plugin parameter

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Allow me to specify :)

I'm trying to see if I can modify the player's speed in regards to normal speed and sprinting speed as I feel that the sprinting is way too fast and unnatural-Very much Like how the Doom guy moves. Insanely fast. How this could be executed I am unsure- If a plugin parameter can be created that can allow me to modify appropriate speed's for walking and sprinting that would be incredible.

Not to be too demanding- but I am also hoping you could apply separate settings for vehicles- my project is heavily dependent on the use of these (Cars) and If I could somehow configure the vehicles momentum that would certainly add some realism to it.

I hope this made sense :)

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge If I understand correctly, then adding a parameter to set how much faster you are when dashing, should do the trick.

Updates:
https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins
QPlus

• Added extracting qmeta. To be used for future plugins if needed.
QSpeed
  • Uses acceleration parameter now, before acceleration parameter did nothing
  • Added dash parameter, lets you set how much your speed increases when dashing
  • Analog speed if QInput > 2.1.0 (not yet released), Looks best when using it with a pixel movement plugin. I will update this soon because I forgot to make this optional!
QMap
  • Added QMovement support
  • Quite a bit of rewrites

QInput 2.1.0, should be out soon, hopefully before next weekend. Still need to prep it for upcoming input addons / updates.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love the speed update-plugin parameters are a work of art, it's wonderful to see my characters move at a more realistic pace, can't wait to see what more can be done with vehicles and momentum etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3
Now listen closely... Here's a little lesson in trickery, This is going down in history...
So the four of my friends are singing a song and I'm like... ohoho I don't know this song. Better act like I do!
A boss that spams confuse, blind, silence, oil and slow on all party members? Good idea FF12 *headdesk*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
califert