QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. winlu

winlu Villager Member

First Language:
    deutsch
    Hi guys.
    First of all, these Plugins are all absolute amazing. Especially the QSprite <3
    Does QAbs work QM+CollisionMap?
    For some reason my enemies get stuck on every corner and staying there until i move.
    QPathfind and QSight is installed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Enemy get stuck at the chair and corner. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    ZcheK likes this.
  2. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
  3. Bareacine

Bareacine Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Heya, I was wondering if there was a way with QABS to make it that instead of death, since this isn't the standard build in MV battle system. that instead of dying when reaching 0 HP and running the game over screen. that the actor could instead be moved to a respawn area on a different map? basically like the can lose on the turn based system only fade out then respawned on a different map.

4. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Cats777 I probably won't ever built a friendly AI. But you can make them as friendly by using the <team:X> notetag. If it's set to 1 then they're on the same team as the player.

@winlu I'll look into it

@Chaos17 Yeah all Quasi plugins should be considered dead. But I should probably recreate that plugin as it was pretty popular.

@Bareacine Yes you would need to edit the plugin or make an addon and change the $gamePlayer.onDeath function to transport you to a different map instead of the game over scene. Or use a plugin that edits the game over scene and transfers you to a map instead.

ZcheK and winlu like this.
  5. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    QTouch seems to stop the little down and up arrows in menus from being clickable. Just tested it in the demo.

Attached Files:

6. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK thanks for the report, I never even knew those arrows were clickable. I'll look into it soon.

QMap Editor 3.0.0 is finally here!
    • Help window uses css from selected theme
    • Added hide / lock on map objects. Locking a map object will make it non clickable in the map. Hiding a map object will hide it in the map editor, but will still be visible in the game
    • Added conditions in the map object properties
    • Input fields can be increased or decreased with scroll wheel
    • Can move the selected map object on the map with arrow keys
    Also dragging and dropping an image onto the map will create a map object where you dropped the image. Forgot to mention that in the log.

QMap 1.5.0
    • If any of a Map Objects conditions returns false it will not be visible
    ( I didn't really test it fully, so hopefully it works! )

7. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Very excited about the new conditions update and how I can use it.
    Unfortunately I got this error in the QMap Editor when trying to save.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  8. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK Thanks for the report. Looks like the editor fails to save if you created a new map object. And the plugin isn't checking if your map objects were from 2.x.x version. Will have it fixed asap!

Edit: QMap Editor update is up (files may still be uploading)
    https://github.com/quxios/QMapEditor/releases/latest
    Version should be 3.0.1, if you're seeing 3.0.0 then the upload isn't done yet

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    ZcheK likes this.
  9. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The conditions feature is brilliant, I can now fully control pictures and animations on the map by using variables and switches. Thanks @Quxios!

Couple more bugs though:
    1) Arrow key movement only works if you hold down a key for half a second, makes it hard to fine tune the position.
    2) Moving objects by mouse or keyboard after manually adjusting their x y values will send them flying into space.
    3) If you have the scroll bar in the 'object properties' menu and try to mouse scroll the x y values, it will scroll both the window and the values, even if you click the box.
    4) I think the eye/eyecrossedout icons are the wrong way around, shouldn't eye = visible?

10. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey Quxios I was wondering if there was a script or plugin command to kill an enemy on the map and have it drop it's loot.
    For example I'm using the QABS not for combat atm but rather for the loot system. When you win a battle in the turn-based system the enemy drops items on the map.
    I've figured out how to kill and enemy by forcing an action via the event page but is there a more convenient way to do it? And also force it to other enemies in the map?
    I've also noticed that the icons follow the player around but that's from me using the demo.

11. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK Thanks for the reports! I'll fix them asap!

@HasdrubalBarca Mm you can probably kill them with one of these script calls:
    Code:
    $gameMap.event(EVENTID).battler().addNewState(1);
    ^ That one should work fine
    Code:
    $gameMap.event(EVENTID).onDeath();
    ^ Just calls the on death function, should work but might bring bugs since the battler would still be alive.

I was originally going to make the Loot a separate plugin think that people might want to use just that part, but then I was like nah probably not lol. I can add a function in the ABS that lets you create a loot at some set position though.
    As for the icons, do you mean the icons for the items? If so they shouldn't move, if they are then that's a bug and i'll work on fixing them.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  12. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Found another one, QMap objects with conditions don't persist if you leave the map and come back.
    The switch is still on, but the object is no longer visible.

13. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK thanks!

Updates:
    QABS 1.3.1
    • Fix for loots icon position
    QMap 1.5.1
    • Fix for a bug causing conditions to stop working
    QTouch 1.1.1
    • Fix for up/down arrows not being clickable

ZcheK likes this.
  14. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks to the conditions update for QMap I can now interact with my picture based maps a lot better. Here's a video of showing what I did with it. (also features QMovement, QSprite, QPathfind, QTouch and QABS+Skillbar)

Chaos17 and Quxios like this.
  15. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Quixos
    Just tried the two commands. They do kill the enemy but they don't cause him to drop items. But using this command and a skill that instakills
    $gamePlayer.forceSkill(SKILLID);
    does cause the enemy to drop their loot.
    A function to create loot at a set position would be pretty helpful. Anyways thanks for the help :)

16. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    QMap Editor 3.0.2 is out
    As for the "Arrow key movement only works if you hold down a key for half a second, makes it hard to fine tune the position" It's intended to work like this. For pixel precision you should be tapping the arrow key not holding down which is why there's a delay before it changes to move while holding.

@HasdrubalBarca Ah yeah the enemy will only drop loot if the player agro'd him. When patching QABS I noticed it already has a function built in to easily create items or gold using the script calls:
    Code:
    QABSManager.createItem(X, Y, ITEMID, ITEMTYPE);
    X, Y: The x/y position to make the item, in grid coordinate
    ITEMID: The id of the item to create
    ITEMTYPE: 0 for items, 1 for weapon, 2 for armor

Code:
    QABSManager.createGold(X, Y, AMT);
    X, Y: The x/y position to make the item, in grid coordinate
    AMT: The amount of gold

17. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    QMap is working great now, except I still can't tap the arrows to move by pixel.
    In QABS, could you add a plugin command to manually reassign skillkeys? That would be really helpful.

18. Espilonarge

Espilonarge Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I recently began porting my project from VXAce to MV and after searching for an audio plugin in order to use multiple BGS files, I found your QAudio plugin but there's just a minor issue. While your plugin offers a number of features such as fadein/out and event emitters, one of RPG Maker's basic functions for "pitch" seems to either be missing/not added to your plugin or it doesn't seem to be an easily identifible command (eg = pitchX -> X is the BGM/BG/ME/SE's pitch value).

Maybe you can help out with this issue? I've already tried searching but I'm not having any luck with results.

Eg -> "qAudio start City_Streets bgs idBGS2 max50 fadein3 radius5 bindTo0 loop"

I wanted to set the BGS to a pitch of 75 (the scene this plays in happens at night, requiring a lowered tone).

19. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK Not sure why it's not working for you. Are you using something other then windows 10? and are you using the 32bit or 64bit version? Could also be that it doesnt work on the built versions (I'm usually too lazy to test those =p)
    And to reassign the skill id?

@Espilonarge Ah you're right there's no option for pitch, I'll add it in when I can.

Espilonarge likes this.
  20. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    QMAP: I'm on Windows 10 64bit, and was using the prebuilt versions, (32 and 64 bit).
    I tried building with electron and had same problem, also got this warning in the build.

QABS: I mean you can reassign the skills linked to skill keys using class or weapon notetags:
    <skillKeys>
    [SKILL KEY NUMBER]: [SKILL ID] [REBIND?]
    </skillKeys>

But how can you do it without changing classes or weapons?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017