QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. nothingongoth

nothingongoth Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would be super great, thanks!

ZcheK likes this.
  2. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire Make sure QSight is below QMap

3. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works now, thank you!

4. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update
    QTouch 1.1.4
    • Fixed crash when using the plugin commands

ZcheK likes this.
  5. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Minor question about QMap. How should I set up the anchors for houses like these?
    Quick example in GIMP (Basically just a simplified version of one of the house graphics in my game):
    [​IMG]
    The red dot marks where I put the anchor.
    Basically, I want it to look like the player is walking up onto a house's porch. However, with that current anchor point, it has the player walking underneath the porch once they pass it.
    Also, side question. Would it be possible to make it so that the small fence/pillars on the porch are something the player walks behind, to make it look like the porch has some depth to it? If so, how should I go about doing that?
    (And a small side note/question. I downloaded an IGMC game - Journey to the East - and noticed that upon opening the Game.exe file I saw the QUpdate popup saying that updates for Qplugins are available. I was also able to hit f9 and see the list of plugins that QUpdate saw were update-able. Is this intended to work with deployed games? Or is that only supposed to work in playtesting?)

6. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @GameFire You'd need to cut up that house image to do that, with each image having the anchor point at the bottom (y1). E.G. One image for the fence/beams, one for the start of the house. That's how I've done it in a similar situation.

7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire Like @ZcheK said, you'll need to split the house into multiple parts and set their anchors correct.

For anchors the Y should be set at the lower back of the object. For example, for characters this is typically at their foot, for boxes/cube shaped objects it won't be at the very bottom but a bit higher (depends on the length of the object). Example image:
    [​IMG]
    (Kinda bad image sorry!)
    This is suppose to be a like a rectangular box. The top is transparent so you can see it's bottom face. The anchor is placed at the top of the bottom face. You can probably also place the anchor on the bottom of the top face, which would be like ~10pxs lower. Not sure which of those 2 is the "right" way, they might even both be wrong, but that's the approach I use.

Also QUpdate is suppose to only work during test playing, so I'll look into it maybe I'm checking for test play incorrect. Or they used a version before it checked for test play.

8. nothingongoth

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can I use your pathfind plugin inside of the movement route settings ('set movement route')? Maybe via a script call? Unfortunately, the RPG Maker doesn't have a menu for plugin commands there.

9. cuzisaidso

cuzisaidso Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Is it possible to use QInput and Yanfly's Button Common Events together? I want to reassign keys to common events, but can't seem to get the 2 working together.

10. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @nothingongoth It's possible though not recommended, better to use the plugin command. If you want to use the script call it'd probably be something like:
    Code:
    this.initPathfind(x,y,options);
    or
    Code:
    this.character().initPathfind(x,y,options);
    Can't recall which would be the right way, options is an object and x/y are numbers

@cuzisaidso Probably not due to how that's written. If you need common event buttons, I'd suggest himeworks, it's more lightweight . Though I haven't tested it with the QPlugins, but ideally it should work due to how it's written. And QuasiInput is nearly identical to QInput, QInput just has better gamepad support.

11. nothingongoth

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I figured out that you can use
    this.initPathfind(x, y, {smart: 2, earlyEnd: true, breakable: true, adjustEnd: true});
    as a code. But it just take the event move to the pixel destination. Is there a way to get it the grid number?
    EDIT: The grid number isn't that important (You can just multiply the grid number x 48). More annoying is the fact, that the NPC won't stop his route while you talk to him :(. He will just run away (or around you).

What do you mean, it's not recommended? I can create an extra event, wich run on autorun with your plugin command and erase itself, but it would make it much more complicate (because I have to do it more than just once).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  12. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios Another question about QMap and something I'm trying to achieve with it:
    [​IMG]
    Basically, the player should be able to walk behind the back of the cliffs (the top of the map). I've managed to make that work. However, what I can't get working is the things on top of the cliff. There is a cave system that the player can use to get on top of the first and second cliffs, which means that the objects (trees, grasses, flowers, etc.) need collision instead of being set to above the player at all times. Though since I set the back of the cliffs as a separate object that is permanently above the player, the trees and grasses that are supposed to be on top of the cliff instead display under the cliff.
    I've tried to set up those objects so that they're set to 4 when the player isn't supposed to be on the second or third cliff, and that seemed to work. However, I can't seem to figure out how I'm going to make the objects function when the player is on the same level as them.
    Is there any way to set the map objects up to work as I'm trying to get them to?

13. cuzisaidso

cuzisaidso Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Thanks for the info. My goal is to change the Y-input button to something other than the Menu button. Not sure I understand the logic behind that button being chosen by RPG Makers default setting to pull up the menu given that gamepads today normally have Start and Select buttons used to perform the same function.

Again thank you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  14. Kraden96

Kraden96 Friendly Fox Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there, Quxios!
    So I've been loving your movement plugin, it really helps make games feel more open!
    But I've come to a problem. So in my game, I have a feature in the In-Game Menu where you can return to your hub to level up.
    When you use the feature, it calls a common event that stores you X, Y, and Map ID. So when you leave your hub, you go right back to where you used it. So the problem I'm having is that if my character is too close to a wall when he leaves, when he comes back, he gets stuck in that wall.
    So I assume when I get too close to a wall, the engine stores my X and Y on that location.
    Is there any fix to this?

15. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Using 'Move on Click' with QMovement. QPathfind and QSprite the character will use his idle pose at times during the movement (presumably when it's recalculating the move) and it looks ugly. Would be good if it just forced the dashing animation during the move. Here's what I mean:

16. Magha88

Magha88 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Quxios
    It does not work for me:
    If the hero equipped the ring: qSight p visible false

17. Mako

Mako Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your QMovement and QInput seem to conflict with each other. The movement sticks to my controller no longer work when both are enabled. I use a 360 controller if that helps...

18. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @nothingongoth It's not recommended just cause it there's a handful of options you can pass in, so those with no js knowledge would probably get lot of errors lol. As for the NPC not stopping, that's probably because of the smart option, I'll look into it because they should stop / pause the pathfind when interacted.

@GameFire That's a bit tricky and is somewhat a limitation of MV due to it's built in Z layers. If I remember, collisions only run if they're on Z 3 and ignored for 2/4 (above and below player). This can easily be changed though, but I left it in since I want the movement plugin to feel and act as close as default movement.
    So you can try doing something with switches or having multiple maps. map 1 will have the map z's normal, while in map 2 lower all the z's by 1

@cuzisaidso You can change the default gamepad keys in the QInput parameters. As for menu on Y, I feel comfortable with that, but I haven't played an RPG in like 10+ yrs but back then I would open menus with triangle / Y

@Kraden96 That's because the x/y value returns it's grid x/y as a whole number and not a decimal, this is to fix some compatability issues with some plugins. So the issue you're having is that you're not saving the correct players position. Instead to get the real position you'll need to use a script call, something like:
    Code:
    $gameVariables.setValue(VARIABLE ID, $gamePlayer._x);

@ZcheK yeah that's due to the recalculating of the pathfind. I'll look into it because it seems like it recalcs it the next frame instead of recalc when it needs it.

@Magha88 I just looked at the plugin command and it's backwards and it doesn't hide the character from being seen, it just makes them not cast a shadow. I'll fix that in the next update

@Mako I just tested and worked fine. Make sure your gamepad inputs are set in the QInput plugin parameters, also place it below QMovement to be safe.

ZcheK likes this.
  19. Mako

Mako Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes, it's actually copied and pasted from your demo, even started a new project and still no dice. To be clear only the stick and direction pad don't work.

Here is the project file and scripts if it helps...

EDIT: I should add that it does work (the controller) with Yami's plugin and just by default without scripts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  20. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mako tested and still worked fine for me. Just to make sure, you are "activating" the controller right? The arrow and analog sticks on a controller won't work in MV until you have pressed one of the buttons (A,X,B,Y) then the controller will be connected. There's no fix for this besides creating your own wrapper (like using my ElectronMV) since it's a bug with the version of nw.js that mv uses.