QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ZephyrAM

ZephyrAM Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I had this same problem, Mako. The only way I ever found to get around it was just not to use QInput, as it's the less important of the clashing plugins. Depending on what you're trying to do, that might limit your options a bit, but you should be able to link keybinds without it.

Try snagging Yanfly's keyboard config and gamepad config plugins. They help flesh out more options.

2. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

I'm using a plugin called TDDP_MouseSystemEx.js to interact with the events using the mouse, not the actor. So I have the events (some bigger events, with their own collision map) and the actor is hidden/can't move. So I want to Triggers the event by clicking on it.
    The problem is this works only if I click on the event 48x48 square, but not the full event collision map.

Is it possible to interact using the collision map, or something else like an "event touching map"?

3. Mako

Mako Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I noticed that, and it does pick up the face buttons. Just not the sticks, either I lack the ability to generate a default game with your both those scripts enabled, or there is something unique with my hardware setup that the plugin doesn't like.

That is how I solved this, and it works decently enough. I prefer to use Q's stuff whenever possible, doesn't seem to be the case here.

4. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Arise Not without a patch

@Mako I forgot to check, but if you're using QInputRemap, that may be the problem. If you use it and test it in the options menu, then those inputs are set "permanently". So even if you go and change the input values in QInput plugin parameters it won't have an effect because when you go test it's loading the changes that you set. To get around this, you just need to delete the config.rpgsave in the save folder, or click on the "Set Default" button in the input config menu ingame.

ZcheK likes this.
  5. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Another QABS feature request: Change character sprite image.
    Would be super useful to be able to do this in ABS sequence. The spritesheet I'm using for all the ABS character poses is getting rather humongous....

Attached Files:

6. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK it is possible, I was originally thinking of adding it but decided against it since it could bring some complications since there's no way of knowing who uses the skill in the sequencer (atleast with the notes). But I can add it in anyways. I was also thinking of releasing my sprite packer / modified QSprite for patreons which can probably reduce over 30-50% of the whitespace in your file. Though you would have to reconfigure the whole QSprite sadly.

ZcheK likes this.
  7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updates
    QSight 1.1.13
    • Fixed the visible plugin command
    • Fixed invisible characters still being seen
    QPathfind 1.4.10
    • Pathfind always updates when first created now
    • Lowered the time for a restart request from 5 frames to 2 during smart pathfinds
    QEventSave 1.1.0
    • added plugin commands
    • changed how event info is saved. If you've have a previous save with an older version, updating this may break those save files.

ZcheK likes this.
  8. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow that's much better for the move to click now. I have another problem but haven't yet been able to replicate it in the demo so not sure if it's a problem my end. Sometimes ABS enemies will randomly respawn in their initial position, as seen at the 30 second mark of this video.
    Also, if you hold the mouse button down and the player has reached their position they will 'do the crazy dance', I think RPG Maker autofires the mouse button.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  9. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK Hmm that is odd, in the QABS do you have the QPathfind AI enabled? because if it is thats even more odd since they should pathfind back to their initial spot not teleport there. I'll run a few tests on my end as well and see if I find anything.
    For the holding the mouse, I've got a few reports of that but I couldn't replicate it so I assumed I had fixed it in one of the updates. But I'll do an update so the pathfind has to be at least 5-10 pixels away from the chara to be an acceptable mouse move and that should fix it.

10. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That's it! I turned on pathfinding for ABS and they return to their position rather than teleport. Problem is if I use the pathfinding I get a big performance hit if there are 2 or more enemies.
    Here's the mousehold jitter and teleport bug in the latest demos.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  11. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK yeah enabling pathfinding will hurt performance if you have lots of enemies. And are you using the QSight AI? If you are I think I know what the issue is. The issue would be that the other enemies are blocking the view from one of the enemies and they give up since they can't see the player and return back to initial position. I can fix this by making enemies be able to see through other enemies. As for the pathfind, I can probably make a "hybrid" mode where it only uses the pathfind to return to initial position. That way it doesn't hurt performance as much

ZcheK and winlu like this.
  12. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@Quxios hi!
    I've made a small demo with the issue I'm having, tried to remove as much as possible from project to keep stuff clean.

I've made one single event with a default hit box, but in theory this should be a circle right in comments.
    Anyway, the problem is still here, using the mouse cursor it seems is difficult to "engage" the conversation, the Actor will just move around the event and only after multiple clicking it will cause the event to activate.

Just asking... what is the best way to make the event activation in a smooth way?
    Also how to interact the event for example if I would hit on the body of the girl (not on the red square that is the default collision box), because any naive user will hit anywhere, not only at the bottom where the collision rectangle is.

Demo is here, sorry for the size.
    www_demo_sample1.zip

Also I gave the event this collider, same issues...
    Code:
    <collider: circle, 48, 52, 0, -4>

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  13. Bricabrac

Bricabrac The Storyteller Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! I have a question about QMovement.
    Would it be possible in any way to change the grid size between maps - or, alternatively, to turn the plugin off in some maps?
    I would like to keep a grid size of 1 (pixel movement) in some maps, and a grid size of 48 in others.

(I already tried to do this by stopping player movement and move the player through "event route" commands, but the only "stop player character" script that is compatible with QMovement also prevents the player from interacting with events >.< I can't really think of other ways to do this!)

Also, your scripts are awesome and saved my project countless times. Thanks <3

14. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Arise you need to use the <colliders></colliders> tag so you can also set the interaction collider. So something like:
    Code:
    <colliders>
    collision: some small collider
    interaction: some collider that covers whole sprite area
    </colliders>

@Bricabrac It is possible to change the grid size ingame, though I was always against it. But I'll go ahead and add a few plugin commands and map note tags.
    As for turning off plugins, that's not possible unless I go through every line of code and wrap it with an if statement, and well that's just ridiculous lol

Bricabrac likes this.
  15. Bricabrac

Bricabrac The Storyteller Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quixios thanks for the quick reply!
    I understand changing the grid size ingame may potentially break a lot of stuff, so if you feel it would needlessly complicate things, don't worry ^^

I'm still messing up with event routes, to see if it's possible to obtain the same effect without touching the script... And I have some possible, albeit convoluted solutions

16. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think using QABS and Yanfly's plugins causes a RangeError if you try to start a new game from the title screen.

RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at Object.valueOf (native)
    at file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/plugins/YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js:530:16
    at Array.sort (native)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.sortPassiveStates (file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/plugins/YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js:526:11)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.states (file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/plugins/YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js:415:10)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.states (file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/plugins/YEP_RowFormation.js:1319:52)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.traitObjects (file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/rpg_objects.js:2373:17)
    at Game_Actor.traitObjects (file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/rpg_objects.js:3808:55)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.allTraits (file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/rpg_objects.js:2377:17)
    at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.traitsWithId (file:///C:/Users/Moisesjr/Documents/Games/1.5/Project4%20-%20Copy/js/rpg_objects.js:2389:17)

It will work if you bypass the title screen via QPlus.

17. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Thanks, this sounds good, but how do I set more than 1 collider in the <colliders> tag for the event?
    When I open the event in the Note: field, I can't add something like:
    Code:
    <colliders>
    collision: circle, 48, 52, 0, -4
    interaction: circle, 148, 152, 0, -4
    </colliders>

because is not possible to add something with line breaks in that field.
    What am I missing?

18. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bricabrac Yup well I added it in anyways, but it's per map bases (easiest way to avoid breaking anything). So new version will have map notetags that allow you to set that maps grid and offGrid values.

@HasdrubalBarca Mm I'll look into it, you wouldn't happen to know which yanfly plugin(s) it happens with?

@Arise Ah right, forgot to mention that you need to set it as a comment in the event page. And remember, comments are page based, so if it's a multi-page event you may need to copy the comment to all pages. Also there's an upcoming QMovement update that will improve the click event activation. Atm even with an interaction collider, it doesn't work too well, but with the update it'll work a lot better.

Bricabrac likes this.
  19. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updates
    QPlus 1.6.0
    • Few new functions in QPlus; `QPlus.charaIdToId`, `QPlus.compareCharaId`
    • Added extra parameter to `DataManager.extractQData`
    QMovement 1.5.0
    • Added new event notetag: <ignoreCharas:LIST>
    • Added new map notetags: <grid:X> <offGrid:BOOL>, <midPass:BOOL>
    • Better touch event triggers
    QABS 1.5.0
    • Slight changes to AI; Enemies can now see through other enemies, Enemies will use QPathfind to go back to intial position regardless of Use QPathfind parameter
    QPathfind 1.4.11
    • Changes to work with QMovement 1.5.0
    • Change to mouse move, move will be ignored if it's too close to the player
    QM+Region Colliders 1.1.0
    • You can now set region colliders in the plugin parameters
    New Plugin

QEvent
    This plugin is similar to my old QuasiQEvent plugin, with a bit extra. It adds extra functionality to common events.

Fafs, MiniTitan and winlu like this.
  20. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I updated to QPlus 1.6.0, QMovement 1.5.0, QABS 1.5.0, and QPathfind 1.4.11, and now every time an enemy should see the player, I get this error:
    [​IMG]
    This error did not occur with the previous versions of those plugins.