QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire thanks for the report! Will look into it soon, I'm assuming this was on a QMap? I keep forgetting that QMap Objects are treated like events not tiles

2. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, it was on a QMap. (I've started converting over all my maps to use QMap, really.) Though would that have an effect on an event made in the editor?

3. Bricabrac

Bricabrac The Storyteller Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios new Qmovement works perfectly and solved me a lot of issues, thanks! ^^
    (Will definitely throw some money at you once I finish squabbling with Kickstarter bureaucracy <.<)

Quxios likes this.
  4. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire Cool! And it doesn't have to do with any events, even if the QMap had no events you would end up getting that error. Should be fixed in QABS 1.5.1

@Bricabrac No problem and thanks!

Updates
    QABS 1.5.1
    • Fixed error when using QSight AI on a QMap

5. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep, it's back to working! Glad you were able to fix it so quickly!
    But yeah, there's only two maps that aren't going to use QMap, and they're both dummy maps (one is for screen tints/weather effects so I can quickly copy them into an event, and one just sets up the initialization stuff for the game). The rest are eventually going to be QMaps, once I get around to it.

6. ThomasCyrix

ThomasCyrix Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello !
    Thanks for your great work :)

I have a little bug, maybe there is some workaround :
    Since I use QMovement, "wait" instruction within "Set movement route" instruction does not work (ignored).
    What can I do ?

7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire No problem, I try to fix any crashing / error bugs as fast as I can.

@ThomasCyrix No problem! I'll take a look into it, thanks for the report. And just incase, what is above the wait in your move route? Or just show me what the move route looks incase I can't replicate it.

8. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have a problem with QPlus and the Victor Engine SFONT plugin, which loads custom fonts. When QPlus is on the font don't load (blank) in the 'Select Item...' box until I mouse scroll. Any idea what might be causing this? Is there something in QPlus which affects fonts?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  9. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZcheK It shouldn't, I just tested it and seems to work fine for me. I placed his plugin(s) below and above mine and both ways worked for me, I also tested by using the SFonts he provided on his link

ZcheK likes this.
  10. ThomasCyrix

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios

Thanks for your reply :)

The problem occurs when using "Set movement route" within event instructions set (not within event route); and if "wait for completion" is unchecked.

I use other plugins that yours, but tried to disable them and the bug only happens when Qmovement is active.
    There is no need to have move instructions before or after to see the problem, it is constant for Wait instruction within "set move route" in event instructions set.
    Note : The problem does not appear within common events.

Here is a capture :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@Quxios : found a minor issue, saving a game use the image of the actor, when using multiframes actors with the QSprite plugin the icon in the save/load menu is messed up.

ZcheK likes this.
  12. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ThomasCyrix That problem doesn't look like its a plugin problem. The problem is you don't have the "Wait for completion" box ticked. And also if it's just a move route for a single wait, then you might as well just use the wait event command instead.

@Arise I'll take a look

13. ThomasCyrix

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios Thansk for your reply.
    I tried creating a project from scratch and you're right, the problem is not plugin-related.

14. HydeRen

HydeRen Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Quxios I have 2questions want to ask u:

1.i want to let my bullet run though the river but cannot go through the wall. I don’t get what”throughTerrain” mean. I did write region id but it didn’t work.
    2.I disabled my mouse.when theres target move or target jump command in my enemy’s notetag<absOnDamage></absOnDamage>. My actor’s skill would act backward direction, why?

before attacked
    WX20171204-131629@2x.png
    after attacked
    WX20171204-131701@2x.png

15. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @Quxios , I have a question about QABS.
    Would it be possible to have a plugin command to make the player automatically pick up loot from a slain enemy? For the first miniboss and boss of the game, I have an autorun cutscene after they're slain, and unless the player somehow ends up right next to where the loot ends up, they aren't able to pick up the loot until the cutscene is over.
    This is particularly troublesome for a cutscene that'd move the player far away from the loot, and then to another map entirely.
    To get around this, I'd like to be able to use a plugin command that automatically picks up the loot, so the player doesn't miss out on some somewhat rare drops.
    Would this be possible?

16. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ThomasCyrix No problem!

@HydeRen 1. Through terrain means it can go through the listed terrains. Terrains aren't regions, you set terrains in the tileset database tab
    [​IMG]
    2. Can you show me the full <absOnDamage></absOnDamage> so I can test

@GameFire Yeah it's possible to add a plugin command. Though another solution would be to just give the loot to the player yourself inside the <onDeath></onDeath> tag, or turn on a switch inside that tag that runs an event and add the items (using the Party> Change Items... ) inside that event.

17. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The trouble with that is, the miniboss and boss don't drop the same loot every time, it's randomized. So there's a % chance of them dropping a weapon or an armor, but it's not 100%.

18. HydeRen

HydeRen Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actor skill:
    <absSettings>
    collider: circle, 24, 24
    cooldown: 60
    through: 3
    infront: true
    rotate: true
    </absSettings>
    <absSequence>
    user lock
    se Fire1
    user pose wand
    picture fire1 true 4
    move forward 240 30
    </absSequence>
    <absOnDamage>
    target jump away 1
    </absOnDamage>

Enemy skill:
    <absSettings>
    collider: box, 36, 36
    cooldown: 90
    infront: true
    rotate: true
    </absSettings>
    <absSequence>
    user lock
    trigger
    </absSequence>
    <absOnDamage>
    target jump 6
    </absOnDamage>

Thank you very much!

19. kokainum

kokainum Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi all,
    I just made an account to join this discussion here ..and more i hope :)

First of all thank you Quixos, for the awesome plugins!! It is because of them that i even started to use RPG Maker for my new project. So far they all work great and i really appreciate the hard work that goes into creating them.
    I wanted to ask about a problem i have ran into using Qmap and QYscale:

I create my maps with Qmap and add an object with a polygon colider. Looks sth like this:

<onPlayer>
    <colliders>
    interaction:poly,(730,800),(1605,760),(1515,620),(825,640)
    </colliders>

By itself this works as I want it to. However once I activate QYscale the collider of this object moved to a completely different part of the map and got scaled down aswell. I assume that the Scale plugin is at work here too.

Is there a way to disable that? - I have tried the adding the <noYScale> to the Notes in QMap but this doesnt seem to affect it.

Thanks in advance!

20. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire Yeah I thought about that but that would still be easy to create with an event with just a single variable. Would have issues if there was another plugin involved with what drops. But either way, I'll add in a plugin command to grab nearby loot and a notetag for enemies for loot to be auto gained.

@HydeRen Ah yeah I see. It'll be fixed in next update! Also just wanted to point out in your enemy skill you have "target jump 6" which wouldn't work since there's no direction

@kokainum Glad you like them!
    Thanks for the report! QMap object's colliders shouldn't be scaling. Will be fixed soon.