Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge I might add in vehicle speed parameters ( similar to the dash parameter ). But I probably won't add in any deceleration/momentum.
New plugin:
QPathfind - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QPathfind.js
This plugin will calculate a path for a character to take to reach a target position. You can also use this plugin to make a character chase a target.

If anyone finds any issues with it, please let me know. I do a lot of the testing while developing, so there's always a chance that something I tested and worked, stopped working after a later change. I'll also create a video later on showing the difference between the no smart, smart 1 and smart 2. Though here is an example of smart 2:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounds nice to me, with a seperate speed parameter in place- I could probably find help with an acceleration another point in time.
I like the look of the new plugin- I'm trying to see if I can get pixel movement working so I can move in further with production.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might release my newer movement plugin near the end of this month. I wasn't planning on releasing it until my banned.url started doing better, but releasing it might just help get more supporters quicker.
My new movement is a more light weight version of my QuasiMovement plugin. Ideally it should preform better, I've also removed a bunch of stuff that'll be added as addons so there's no unnecessary features some people might not need. And most of my QPlugins have already been patched to work with the new QMovement. So if you can't get a pixel movement working, stick around cause mine should be back soon.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's stepping into foreign territory with pixel/grid movement, I currently have plugins such as your Qspeed, Galv's turn in place and diagonal movement, adding in pixel movement and such is a neat thing but I don't know how I can manage configuring how it would work with events/vehicles and such. What would you recommend for the basics? I don't mind having a little bit of free movement inside of one grid (48x48)
but I feel extending it more drastically would hurt the game.

so1us

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Quxios, I'm really looking forward to the QMovement plugin as I've held of implementing Pixel movement when I heard you were redoing your previous plugin. Two things:
1. I've been trying to install your QMap editor, but when I downloaded the file from GitHub and tried to open the app folder there was no .exe files to run (trying to run From Download). Only 3 folders (css, imgs, js) and three html files (frameSelect, help, index) and a json file (package). Clicking on the json file opens up VS Code. I'm sure I'm missing something basic but any help would be appreciated.
2. Can you provide me a link to your banned.url? I see you put out an "in dev" version of QMovement, but will wait for a stable release. In the meantime, I have some money set aside for the next two months so would like to support your development as you've put out some extremely unique plugins of an extremely high standard.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge If you're talking about how to create a pixel movement then it isn't too hard to create. The more difficult part is having to rewrite all the collision checking including; passability, checking for event/vehicles triggers, checking for counters/ladders/bush/terrains. But if you're still new to js or still unfamiliar with mv core files, then I would recommend just finding / using a pixel movement since the first time it can be time consuming figuring it all out. Took me about 2-3 months the first time I attempted.

@so1us Sounds like you downloaded/cloned the repo instead of getting a pre-built. With the repo you can run it by using the following cli:
Code:
npm install
electron .
Assuming you're in that qmapeditor directory, and have electron installed globally, since I forgot to add a npm script for it.
But with a prebuilt you'll just use the .exe. You can find the prebuilts here:
https://github.com/quxios/QMapEditor#prebuilt

For the banned.url, don't think I can link it, but just search "Quxios" and you should find me. You can also find a link to it at the bottom of my site

so1us

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the quick reply! :rswt You were right, I downloaded the wrong file! Will play around with it this weekend. Also, found your banned.url, and I'll definitely chip in for at least two months from March, hopefully longer if I can afford it!

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem! I went ahead and edited the readme, so the links were above in the "how to run" section to avoid future confusion.

Well I went ahead and decided to release QMovement!
QMovement! - https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins/QMovement.js
This plugin completely rewrites the collision system to use colliders. Using colliders enabled more accurate collision checking with dealing with pixel movement. This plugin also lets you change how many pixels the characters move per step, letting you set up a 24x24 movement or a 1x1 (pixel movement) Note there are a few mv features disabled/broken; mouse movement, followers, and vehicles.
You can find the development repo here: https://github.com/quxios/QMovement

For mouse movement with QMovement, you'll need to use QPathfind. I'll work on creating a Collision/Region map addon next as that was a popular feature of QuasiMovement.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi again, just briefly want to ask about the QAudio plugin, is there a method to having at the beginning of an event's audio to fade in?
My reason being is I have alot of random spawning events, and itstead of having a vehicle suddenly apear on map next to you producing full audio and making you jump out of your chair I was hoping the audio can work up to it first? Might be a little too much effort but I felt it might be worth asking.

Last edited:

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice! I'll wait until you release the collision map update for QMovements before switching to it from QuasiMovements since it's pretty vital for me.

I've also been using your QMap app and it's proven to be very helpful. The thing that sells it is the ability to set anchor points which really helps with PVGames resources since I don't have to cut up some of the objects to use like in Yanfly's doodads. Also making objects transparent when the player gets behind them. One small suggestion would be maybe to have the ability to have objects show up on switches if possible.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge I took a look into it, and I can't use the built in fadein/out functions since it'll break the volume radius effect. But building my own fade in/out is simple enough. So should be in the next update.

@HasdrubalBarca Do you mean like adding in some conditions, so a map object only appears if that condition is true?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That sounds like a good bonus, not exactly essential but a bonus none the less :)

I am in the meantime will further bug test to see if there is anything else worth bringing to your attention.

EDIT:
I think I have detected a bug, if a moving event producing an audio loop is teleported, it produces what seems to be a secondary loop above the same sound effect, even if given the command to stop it's audio beforehand.

Last edited:

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge Not sure what you mean, but I was looking and there is a bug with clearing a specific id. This is due to the id not actually being added to that audio. so the plugin parameter 'qAudio stop ID' is broken atm.

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First off, great work on these plugins, very useful stuff here! I did however want to report a few bugs regarding the QMovement Plugin. The Dash key no longer works as intended, and I even tested in a new project that only had the QPlus and QMovement plugins.

*If you press the dash key while walking, you will no longer start dashing like you would by default.
*The only way to start a dash is for the player to stand still, then hold dash, then start moving... which feels extremely cumbersome.
*Also, once the dash begins, the player will continue to dash as long as they are still moving, even if the player lets go of the dash key.

I hope these suggestions were helpful, keep up the good work!

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, something like that. I think if it's possible it would make a great addition to your Qmap plugin.

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow it looks like your new pathfind plugin can do diagonal movement, that's great!
But I need to wait for your collision map addon for QMovement as my game is heavily reliant on that feature in QuasiMovement.
I've been one of your Patreons for quite a while now, I want to encourage people to support Quasi, his plugins are marvelous.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ace of Spades Thanks for the report, I'll look into it.

@HasdrubalBarca Yup it's possible, I'll just need to think of a way to keep it simple/easy to write. Since it'll be a notetag.

@ZcheK Yup! I'm still going to work on the pathfind algorithm a bit more. Been looking into other A* implementations and seeing if I can find anything to help improve performance in pixel based even more.
I'll try to get the collision map addon up in a few days. And thanks!

I also noticed I didn't write how to clear a pathfind in the QPathfind help. So I'll update the help for it soon, but the plugin command is:
Code:
qPathfind CHARAID clear
Also for the chase, to end a chase use that clear command. And chases also get cleared when the event page is changed (or should, don't think I tested).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got a suggestion/hypothetical question for the movement plugin.
Do you think it would be at all possible for you to make it compatible with the ABS by Pheonix KageDesu? I'd ask him about it (and in fact, I did a while ago, but that was for the QuasiMovement plugin), but the thread's long gone quiet, and he's not been online in a bit over a month. (Here's the link: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/alpha-abs-1-1-beta.66713/)
If not, I understand. I'm well aware of how time-consuming plugin-writing is, and I certainly don't want to come across as ungrateful.

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates
QMovement
  • Fixed bug with SmartMoveSpeed, forgot to fix this before releasing
  • Fixed not being able to dash while moving
QAudio
  • Added fadeIn / fadeOut options
  • Fixed bug with ID not being applied
  • Added a caching step in the update, so updates only if needed
QInput
  • Added Threshold plugin parameter (Something that was implemented but I forgot to add). This is for gamepad analog sticks, from my test best results with a value around 0.2. MV defaults this at 0.5. Also added gamepad button info in the help
+ Every other plugin:
  • Added any missing info in the help, and added banned.url link

@GameFire Sorry but I won't. I will be reworking on my ABS soon though. So you can suggest features. Though looking at it, my ABS and his ABS seem to be different "genre". Mine is more oriented for a heavy action, while his looks more like those mmorpg target based fighting ( at least from what I saw in the video )

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love the updates, I'm really keen to test the fade in/out audio settings but I don't understand how to execute it-in particular AB1 as seen in the help file to fade out, does it matter where the fade in command is placed in it's plugin call?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsme