QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I am using another plugin for the loot. Yanfly's Extra Enemy Drops plugin.
    In any case, looking forward to the next version of the plugin.

2. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Using QMovement, when I place a teleport event from one map edge to another, the player will instantly teleport back. Normally, without QMovement I think it ignores the player touch event if the player started the map on it, until they have walked off it.

I got around this putting a conditional switch on every teleport, turning off the switch when teleporting and turning it on again via a region after the player has moved off the next teleport, but that it quite a cumbersome way of doing it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  3. krain11

krain11 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I just dropped by to say thanks for the hardwork. Appreciate the effort you put to your plugins. I just checked out your demo for the QPlugins and I am very thrilled that your still working on ABS for MV. Everything is looking better.

Sadly, I already started my game using your Quasi ABS from before and I'm almost finished. I'll be using QPlugins once I'm done with my current game. Until then, ciao. Good luck!

4. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire It'll be out tomorrow!

@ZcheK Sadly I don't think there's much I can do about that. You could mod your events to check the players direction to and only transfer if it's facing the map edge.

@krain11 Thanks! And yeah most of these QPlugins should run/perform better then the older Quasi stuff. You may be able to switch from Quasi to QPlugins as long as you don't have any custom js edits/script calls. Most of the notetags are mostly the same, plugins commands did change though.

5. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Glad to hear it!
    Also, slight side note. Was testing out the boss in one area the other day, and got an error. The weird thing is, the error doesn't always come up, it only came up that one time.
    [​IMG]

6. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GameFire thanks for that report! Will fix that in next update too. And that reminds me that Select/Ground targeting need some work. Select targeting needs mouse support + updating it's targets since I think enemies can move during it I forgot. I also wanted to add some LoS into both as well, so you can't hit monsters while behind a wall or something.

ZcheK likes this.
  7. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updates
    QMovement 1.6.0
    • Large changes to Collider classes
    • New funcs in ColliderManager for upcoming updates
    • Character x/y returns correct value now, should fix transfer issues
    QABS 1.6.0
    • Help section should be complete
    • Fix for enemies using ground/select targeting skills
    • New skill setting `collides`, lets you set which collision skills should check against, default 'collision'
    • Some fixes in the skill sequence for move and jumps
    • New enemy notetag `<autoLoot>`
    QYScale 1.1.1
    • Slight change on which colliders should scale
    QParams 1.0.1 *NEW PLUGIN, public release*
    • Fixed JSON loading

ZcheK and Ziddeth like this.
  8. Juca-bala

Juca-bala Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I'm using your plugins in my game and I'm having a problem.
    I have created an enemy and when the player is in his sight, it follows him (that's ok).
    The problem is: when the player gets off of his sight he goes back to inicial point istead of keep in the place.
    I want the enemy behavior to be like you did in the video below (Quasi line of sight test 2):

PS: I'm new in RpgMaking.
    Plugins used: QuasiMovement, QuasiABS, Quasipathfind, QuasiMovementPlus, QuasiSight.

Thanks in advance.

9. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Juca-bala The problem is, in that video it's not using the ABS, it's only using the Sight.
    The event is setup to move at random if it can't see the player, if it can see the player then move towards him.
    In the ABS, the enemies have the AI built in. If they see the player they move towards and atk, if player gets out of sight they go back to their initial position. If you want a different behavior then you need to disable the AI and create a custom AI with eventing.
    I won't be providing any details on how to do either because you're using Quasi___ and those are unsupported, sorry.

10. Juca-bala

Juca-bala Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios I changed my plugins from Quasi to Qplugins and I got this on playtest (New project, didn't change anything, just did a playtest).
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  11. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Juca-bala Update your project to at least 1.4.x. My plugins are made to work with the latest mv versions, so using with older versions may not work. I know your project is outdated because of the QPlus error. You can reference this thread for details on upgrading:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-1-5-1-and-mado.83731/

If you're still getting errors after updating let me know! The bottom errors are due to using the arccing from QMovement, but go ahead and fix the top error first.

12. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

There seems to be an issue with rendering the red zones for collision.

Some red zones appears, but others seems to vanish based on the character proximity. When character is close to those collision polygons, those are no longer rendered.

Second issue, even if I define a collision/interaction circle, my event still paints a square red box. So is a square red box, a circle red for collision and another circle for interaction. Why the square?

Those seems only "visual" glitches when debugging, I think they work well otherwise.

13. Juca-bala

Juca-bala Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios Updated and everything is working fine, thanks again.
    I have to say that I'm impressed with your work.
    Only found two problems:
    1- When I change to another map and return, the sound from the flames disappears.
    2- When the smart cat hits the boulder, it freezes in place, which prevents the event to end. To escape this I have to close the test.

14. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Arise
    How large is the map that this is happening on? And how far away do you have to move from them for this to happen? I have a culling function built in the collider sprites, so they only appear if they're on the screen. Which improves performance greatly on maps with lots of colliders (only if colliders are toggled on).

The square is the bounds collider which is used for the event griding. The square should be a rect around all the colliders, so ideally it should be the largest.

@Juca-bala No problem!
    1. Thats because of how I wrote the flame event. It only runs the qaudio onces per play through. So a better solution would be to run the qaudio plugin commands every time the map starts.
    2. I'll look into that
    Kind of related to both, but I haven't updated the actual demo maps in months. And I don't play test them so there's bound to be issues like that. I should probably go over all the events and make sure they're still fine + add new examples

15. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@Quxios
    Map is 40x20, and I use image for parallax effect (ground and par), so both images are 1920(40*48) with 960(20*48).
    Everything is done using the ColliderMap.json, all colliders for that map are set inside.

Now... the red marker of the collider vanish when the character is close to it, but appears when I run away from it. Obvious, the collider is on the screen, because I can see it... when I'm close to the polygon it goes away, when I'm at some distance from it seems to appear. :)
    Things is... it should works backwards... like appearing when I'm close to it, not when I'm running away from it.

Should I prepare you a demo with the issue maybe? Does that help?

16. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Arise aah with I see, and sure a demo would be great!

17. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

I've added a demo.
    collider_issues_and_strange_path.rar

There is a small collider polygon on the 4 barrels (the group of two barrels have no collider).

If you run around the group of 4 barrels you will see the red paint will appear and go away, so not working consistently.

Also, there is another strange behaviour, I've thought initially this was due to multiple colliders set in the scene, but even in the demo, if you move the actor towards the event, it will take a very strange path, not directly towards it, but it will go between the groups of barrels (this has nothing to do with the colliders I think at this point). Any solution to make the actor walk in a straight visual line?

18. towwwi

towwwi Warper Member

First Language:
    finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey! Do you have any idea how this works with MV_OnlineCore plugin. I have my server set up, I added monster using QABS. My friend and i can see the monster but i cant see when my friend attacks it. I see him just running around while he truly is killing the monster. Its like we both have different monsters we can see. Anyideas how this could work? Like you can both be attacking the same monster?

19. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Noticed a minor performance problem for QABS+Skillbar. Without the skillbar being shown, even large maps with several enemies in close proximity run perfectly smoothly (30-40 fps on my laptop, according to the f2 fps meter). However, once the skillbar is shown on that same map, the performance suffers greatly (15-20). Granted, part of this may be the fault of my laptop, which isn't the most powerful thing in the world.
    Also, a question. Would it be possible to restrict enemies to a certain region (as in, the ones in the R tab of MV's map editor) or to restrict them from walking through a certain region? I have a map where part of it is a village where the player would ideally be safe from attacking monsters, and the rest of it is an open plain where monsters can freely attack.

ZcheK likes this.
  20. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @towwwi That's probably an issue with the plugin you're using and it'd require a patch which is something I wouldn't do

@GameFire Yeah I'm aware that the skillbar is pretty bad atm. I plan on rewriting it soon + creating 1-2 new ones. One being a skillbar which you assign skills onto the keys instead.
    As for regions, you should be able to use any region locking plugin. Yanfly has one and I have a patch for it. Though unsure if the patch still works. But I should probably recreate my region locking plugin sometime soon anyways

ZcheK likes this.