QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Netreno

Netreno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Recently I've changed old Quasy plugins with newer version of Qplugins in my two-year old forgotten project. However, after that it seems they all just don't work, even though there are no mistakes shown.
    Qplugins work well in any other of my projects except for the one in which was previously used the older versions of them (Quasy plugins like Movement and ABS).
    I've completely deleted the plugins folder in that project and installed new versions once again but they still don't work. Does anybody know what I can do to solve this issue?

2. quester

quester Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios I'm definitely loving your Qmovement plugin and I'm not sure if you're familiar with Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2), but with your plugin I'm able to replicate the feel of that game to some extent. The game is definitely a great reference for techniques to borrow from, for sure. It's unfortunate that one particular thing like mode7 never came into fruition though.
    Anyways...
    My question for you is if it's possible to achieve a NPC pushing mechanic within your Qmovement plugin?

Here's an example https://gyazo.com/b84d0d130a761a64894629b5fceb0591

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  3. Suv

Suv The average user Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    There's also a different problem: sometimes during testing the game loads objects from the previous room instead of the one that the player is entering. Could it be due to the fact that I made those maps with an older version of Map Editor?

ZcheK likes this.
  4. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Same problem here, QMap Editor 4 plugin 2.0.1, was running fine on previous version. I'm using SRD Super Tools Engine which has a HUD, this could be the conflict.

5. BraveGhost

BraveGhost Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Problem has been fixed, just downloaded your followers plugin that I failed to see!

6. BraveGhost

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are there any plans to update your QYanfly-patches to work along with Yanfly's EventChasePlayer and EventChaseStealth plugins?

7. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@BraveGhost: There is QPathfind plugin to help you set up events chasing players. For EventChaseStealth I don't know the proper way, but you should be able to do the QPathfind call based on some visibility switch.

@Quxios: Is it possible to show (for debugging purposes) the pathfind calculated path, as a line or as tiles?

8. BraveGhost

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Arise Managed to get all that to work now using qpathfind and qsight! Only thing I’m struggling to replicate from yanflys eventchaseplayer plug-in is the ability to have an event show a balloon icon and play a sound effect when it spots you

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yanfly patch seems to fix the Region Restriction plugin but not the Region Event one.
    Possible to take a look at it?
    It would save a lot of events placing and certainly memory.

(Otherwise, the plugins work perfectly :))

10. Quxios

Quxios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm slowly stopping support on my plugins. Right now my priority is only QMap and any critical error reports.
    Though if anyone wants to contribute / continue / take over that's completely fine. All my plugins are completely free for all use/redistribute/all that stuff.

@GameFire did you update the QUpdate plugin? I mentioned a way back that I messed up the json files format so older QUpdate wouldn't work no more and you wouldn't get notified that there's a new QUpdate. The current "1.2.0" is listing versions fine for me
    For getting stuck, make sure you have the qmap files in the "data/QMaps/" folder. Ex, if you're getting stuck loading in map 1 and it's a QMap, make sure theres a file in that folder named "QMap001.json". Also open the console if it's stuck "loading" If it shows an error saying it failed to load the map then it's an issue with the loading. If there's no error then it's an issue loading the images.
    Hmm you should still be able to use decimals in the QMap editor I didn't change anything with the inputs, but I'll take a look anyways!

@blakebishop1989 Read the docs. Use the QSprite Editor to configure the sprite rules, then identify the images that you want to use those rules with the identifier set in the plugin parameters. All that info in the help.

@Arise did u change anything in QUpdate? lines aren't matching with mine
    For debuging the QPathfind, you can edit the "QPathfind.prototype.onComplete" and draw out the path using pixi. Use "this.createFinalPath()" To get an array for nodes, and use that nodes x/y

@BraveGhost There's no built in support for followers, there's an addon for it but it's not that good
    No plans on update the yanfly patch

@Netreno Update your project files, my plugins are made to work with the latest RM version. So update the js files in the js folder and the js/libs folder. You might also need to update the index file. You can find updating info here.

@quester Yes but you'd need an addon to do it

@Suv yes @ZcheK has informed me and I'll be looking into it soon! Just updated to QMap 2.0.2, let me know if that fixes it

@LackeDragon From the Patch
    I won't be adding any more additional patches sorry.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  11. BraveGhost

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That’s okay if you’re not updating your Yanfly patches I managed to replicate exactly what I needed using our qsight and qpathfind plug-ins, the only thing I’m struggling to replicate from yanflys eventchaseplayer plugin is the ability to have an enemy have a sound effect and balloon pop up right as it spots you, if anyone can help me do this I’d be very greatful

12. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios I have QUpdate version 1.2.0, and it's under QPlus but above all the other Qplugins.
    There is a QMap001.json in the data/QMaps folder.
    I hit f8, and the only error that comes up is "
    Failed to load resource: https://quxios.github.io/data/plugins.json
    net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"
    Which is weird, because I haven't moved the images. And in the QMap Editor, all the images still show up.
    Edit: I updated to QUpdate version 1.2.1, nothing's changed (hitting f9 on the title screen still gives me an empty window, and it still puts the "failed to load resource" error when I hit f8). I also updated to QMap version 2.0.2, and now I'm getting these errors when I hit "new game":
    Failed to load resource: file:///C:/Users/--/Documents/Games/--/js/libs/pixi.js.map
    net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
    Failed to load resource: file:///C:/Users/--/Documents/Games/--/js/libs/pixi-tilemap.js.map
    Failed to load resource: file:///C:/Users/--/Documents/Games/--/js/libs/pixi-picture.js.map

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  13. LackeDragon

LackeDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios Understandable :p
    I know it was written that it was only for those two. I was just wondering if it was just an oversight or not :p
    (Since the system seemed quite similar)

I actually found a way to get around it.
    Following this tutorial : http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-using-regionid-in-events/
    Not perfect but at least, will give you some fresh air if someone asks again. You can link that, haha.

14. Netreno

Netreno Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios Didn't even thought I have to update my projects as well, not only the rpg maker itself. Now all plugins seem to work. Thank you very much for the help!

15. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@Quxios: same issue as GameFire reported, the QUpdate plugin throws that net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH" in nwjs, but works fine seems in Electron.
    I might have added a couple of console.log lines, so from there is the mismatch probably?

@BraveGhost: I did it using 2 pages, first page runs on Autorun, has qsight in comments, and is doing pathfind in a loop to go from one point to another.
    In second page, almost everything goes in the Autonomous Route, there is a new instance of Game_Interpreter and from there I make a pathfind to run after the player. Also there goes a line to make the sound. You could also add a line with showing the icon or pop a message. In second page I also have a bigger qsight in comments and I start a battle on touch.
    If you publish a quick demo I can take a look. Also I think I've published some demos on how I implemented it. Not saying is the right approach, just the way I'm doing it. Still need to see how other people are doing it.

16. blakebishop1989

blakebishop1989 Villager Member

First Language:
    english

Thanks, I just feel like I've done exactly that and spent weeks attempting to get this plugin to work with no progress.

17. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@blakebishop1989 use one of my demos, you can see how to set the plugins and how to create qsprite files.

18. BraveGhost

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Arise Would it be possible for me to have a look at one of your demos where you’ve implemented qsight and pathfinder along with having a sound effect involved?

19. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@BraveGhost check my lastest posts with links to download pages. You can get some demos for this.

20. quester

quester Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quxios As it stands I couldn't find any NPC pushing addons that works with qmovement. Is it something you may consider in the future implementing within qmovement itself? Assuming if you're not already busy enough already lol.