QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This worked, actually! Now my project is going along well. Thank you!

2. nothingongoth

nothingongoth Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's probably a bug (or not implemented yet?), but QMovement won't recognize ladders. They are unpassable. Or do I something wrong? :(

3. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Got a bug. I'm not sure why, and I certainly don't have a <dontErase> tag on the enemy, but they still remain when they are killed.

4. StrangeShadows

StrangeShadows Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello @Quxios :smile:

First of all, thank you for your great plugins, they're really useful in so many cases and they helped me out with some problems. I'm working on a space themed RPG with an ABS in space using your QABS, QMovement plugins, and so on. :cool:

While battling enemy spaceships, it really looks weird that the player (spaceship) changes its facing direction in the same way as the shooting direction. Is there a possibility to switch this off? And if yes, how can I do that?

I decided to switch from GALVs MV Map Projectiles to QABS, since GALVs plugin couldn't work with the collision parameters of QMovement. I really loved the fact in GALVs plugin, that the spaceship crew didn't get sick during uncontrolled ship rotation while attacking an enemy spaceship. :wink:

I even tried the command "user directionFix true" but it didn't work out for me, because after </absSequence>it was still stuck in its facing direction.

Thank you and best regards,
    StrangeShadows

5. resoft

resoft Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,
    either I m silly or I just don`t get it without specific reason but how I install those q-plugins? Every plugin I ve tried seemed to won`t work, I can add them in the plugin-list, but there are no parameters and so on, no textfile shows up...what am I doing wrong here?

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @resoft that sounds as if you add damaged or renamed plugin files. And if that happens with every plugin I suggest you make a new topic to find out what exactly goes wrong for you.

7. RyanBram

RyanBram Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you are using desktop Chrome, make sure you disable data saver add on (if you use it anyway), because it tend to turn every js plugin it opens into compressed version.

8. iVale

iVale Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just want to say thank you for all your hard work for all these plugins. Particularly Qsprite and Qmap, they've really taken my RPG Maker games to a whole new level of quality. I've been lurking around for awhile now and thought I'd just pop in and give you my thanks finally.

ZcheK and Bennamy like this.
  9. Xalezar

Xalezar Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Quxios, I also just wanted to thank you for you hard work and remark on how amazing your plugins are. I digged around in the code and there is some serious trigonometry going on in there. Not only that, but all of your plugins are organized in a way that helps intermediate-level programmers like myself to learn how to structure my code better based on the way how RPG Maker MV does it. I will definitely be making a donation once I get this project off the ground.

Question for you or anyone reading: What's the best way to make sprite S1 orbit around the centre of sprite S2, which is moving randomly, while keeping the orbital radius R to a fixed radius D (roughly, as close as possible). So far, I have the following, and the orbiting works, but the radius keeps changing for some reason:

Code:
    S1.arc( S2._realX*QMovement.tileSize, S2._realY*QMovement.tileSize, Math.PI/4, false, 15 );
    Essentially, I have S1 completing 1/4 of a revolution around S2 every 15 frames (quarter of a second). I assume R is changing because S2 is constantly moving, so then the actual radius D will expand and compress depending on where S1 is in relation to S2 when arc(...) is called. I've also tried to manually correct R to D using the following every few frames, but it seems to just make R really large, and still expanding and compressing:

Code:
    var x0 = S2._realX;
    var y0 = S2._realY;
    var x1 = S1._realX;
    var y1 = S1._realY;

var d1 = Math.sqrt( Math.pow((x0-x1), 2) + Math.pow((y0-y1), 2) );
    var d2 = 1;
    var x2 = ( (d2/d1) * (x1-x0) ) + x0;
    var y2 = ( (d2/d1) * (y1-y0) ) + y0;

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  10. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi guys, not a bug but I'm having a bit of trouble with Q Pathfinding and on Map encounters and wondering if anyone can help.

Basically getting the Qpathfinding chase to work.
    So I set an event with qpathfinding chase player, The issue is the event won't chase the player until the event is either started or interacted with.
    If I set the event to Parallel Process, the event will chase the player but I cannot do anything when the event reaches the player as there is no option in conditional branches.
    So basically (a) either the event can't chase the player on sight or (b) when the event can chase the player it can't trigger the battle by collision. Any tips on how to fix this.

11. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Look at my attachments and there are at least 2 demos (check my latest attachments) with pathfinding.
    You need to use qsight on two pages, and the second page code must run actually inside the autonomous movement. A little bit complicated but it works ok for me.

padr81 likes this.
  12. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Where do I find your attachments?

13. grubfisher

grubfisher Villager Member

Hey, running into a weird bug with qmovement and qfollowers. When I load them as plugins, neither their descriptions or parameters exist. Totally blank. However, qplus does have these things, so it's not all of the plugins.

Also, none of my other loaded plugins have this problem.

Anyone know what might be going on? I tried redownloading the two plugins, and nothing changed.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it. I did this by coping the entire document (ctrl+c) and pasting it into notepad, then overwriting the plugins. I have no idea why in the world this worked.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  14. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

I don't get you perfectly, but seems every sprite as in PIXI sprite has a lot of properties, they also have a pivot point and an origin. I assume movement always takes those into account?
    I suggest to add the orbiting sprite S1 as a child of the S2 sprite, this way when S2 sprite moves S1 will also move along with it.
    Also setting the origin of the S1 to match the center of the graphics of the S2 sprite could help.
    I assume if those are set up, then the animation on arc should work ok.

15. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is there a way to use Qmovement in the move route command, I need to put it in auto move?

16. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Any plugin command can be used if you use the “fake” interpreter. Sometimes some qplugins might use the “this” word and consider it as a “this” keyword scope, depending on the implementation it might work or not, in which case a fix would be required.

17. nothingongoth

nothingongoth Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found a weird bug in my game. After you save your game, QABS will disable itself. I don't know why.

You can't enable it through "qabs enable", but if you switch a map, it works again.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  18. Nexgan

Nexgan Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How can I have a block skill which completely block an attack if done in timing? (I've tried with user casting and user cancel, but it seems not working).
    Thanks in advanced.

19. uriaphe

uriaphe Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Quxios! and every maker!
    I wanted to thank you for putting so much effort on theses fabulous plugins (especially QMovement, it saves my life).
    I've been following your Pixel-based movement script and each update made this plugin more enjoyable!

Since QMovement v.1.50, you've been adding a function that interest me the most : IgnoreCharas!
    I'm not used to script, and I wanted to know if it's possible to complete the mecanism of "IgnoreCharas" and add the functionnality for the player to move through certain event.

My anecdote (skip if not interested :D)
    => I started a new project with only qPlus, qMovement, qInput and qPathfind in order to create a ABS as simple for me. (I can't script ;_;, that's the main reason I don't use your qABS plugin as I wanted IA allies with player). I intend to summon/locate an IA ally near the player and act as a follower but the event just keep blocking my way. I tried to copy some of your followers properties to adjust into my project but it always fails...
    I even tried your function "collideswithEvent" with a conditionnal branch when set to true, event can move through $gamePlayer but it gets conflict with other events...

Anyway, I was thinking that's not the best way to do it...

One more request, or asking you if it's possible : Making moveForward (qmove(5,x)) and moveBackward (qmove(0,x)) compatible with diagonal direction.

I want to make characters move forward/backward diagonally based on their direction (not sure if what i'm saying is even understable :mrsatan:).
    Let's pretend an Event move upper-right (9) and touch the player, I want him to backward at the opposite direction so it would be down-left(1).

I tried to resolve this situation with conditionnal branch with qInput, but not sure if it's correct.

Edit: I don't know if it includes on qABS sorry.

Example: Start with an player touch.
    If input.isPressed(#left) && input.isPressed(#up); (7)
    => Move the event with qmove(3,x).

It works if it's the player who comes to event, but not if event come to player because it's depend on input (I try with $gamePlayer.direction but i'm not making this working >:( )

I can't find a solution and it frustrate me so much and i want to avoid as possible to put a lot of conditionnal branch with a common event call. It would be more simplier if it can be done, that's why I was hoping for some help or directive haha.

Thank you for your reading.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  20. pajlada

pajlada Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi there everyone, I'm also very interested in finding out if there is any trick to doing something similar to this by offsetting skills by specified amount of pixels. The closest thing that I've managed to figure out to this is simply using the move feature to deploy the skill's collider with a delay of it's functions until it has reached a certain distance and only then activating the skill's functions.