QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Levolpehh

Levolpehh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I activate the Movement plugin it messes up all movement events. Do I need to use the pathfinding plugin to fix this? Unfortunately the Collision maps and movement is something I really wanted so would like to fix this ;n;

For further clarification, all NPC events completely stop moving, and just stand in place. If I have the "Walking" tab checked, they'll just step in place continuously forever. If I uncheck it they just turn into rocks and never move.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    First off, this ABS is a godsend. Thank you so much for sharing it. I am, however, having a heck of a time getting it to work. Normally, I would just refer to the demo and compare to my own game, but the demo seems to be corrupted? When I boot it up, all of the graphics are missing and there is only one empty "map" with one graphicless event. I'm unsure why this is, and it's frustrating, because a working demo would help me figure out what I'm missing in my own game.

QABS.js:887 Uncaught TypeError: skill.Keyboard Input.trim is not a function
    at Function.QABS.getDefaultSkillKeys (QABS.js:887)
    at QABS.js:895
    at QABS.js:1072

I forgot to add that I got this error in the console, but I'm not sure what it means. It makes me think I'm missing a script of something, but I have QABS, QPlus, and QMovement, as well as Qinput.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. Levolpehh

Levolpehh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To set it up you need to make a new project then import the files into that project. I assume they did this to make the file size lower.

RainbowGrenade likes this.
  4. RainbowGrenade

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you. I must have skimmed past that part. You're a life saver.

5. RainbowGrenade

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello, again. I have one more problem I'm having with QABS that I'd like to bring up. When using an event spawner script for the enemies, I'm having an issue. The enemies seem to work correctly at first, but the <onDeath> commands don't trigger, and regular events spawned don't react at all to being interacted with. I was wondering if you had any idea why this could be, or what work around I could use. I've played around with the plugins I have on the project, and this issue is only occurring when QABS and it's dependencies are turned on. When turned offm spawned events behave correctly, and QABS works great when I'm not trying to spawn the events with a plugin. I also tried using a different event spawner plugin, but the issue persists. The original plugin I was using is Orange Custom Events, and the second I tried was Galv's MV Event Spawner.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/orange-custom-events.46527/

https://galvs-scripts.com/2016/05/14/mv-event-spawner/

Update: Yanfly's Event Spawner is compatible.

http://yanfly.moe/2018/09/14/yep-170-event-spawner-rpg-maker-mv/

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. mel4ncholyhill

mel4ncholyhill Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to edit this plugin for actor sprites of different sizes? I made mine 72x72 so they'd be a little easier to see-- so this plugin doesn't work out for it as is.

7. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's been a while since I've touched on the QAudio Plugin but I've been making some progress on some overworld action audio.

So far I have established an event that is producing gun firing sound effects, when fired the panned audio stops itself and by running of a random variable check it determins when the event will open fire again, the problem is that I plan to introduce multiple events that follow this same formula but I can only have them produce the audio and stop it if I specify that exact event's ID, is there a method I may have overlooked that can have these events do like for example:

qAudio start Pistol se radius20 max100 bindToThisEvent
    qAudio stop ThisEvent

If I can achieve this- it will help me cut alot of time and even so I could perhaps event freely edit these commands as a common event instead of going through each event individually.

8. SolarisMaximus

SolarisMaximus Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    If any has an answer to this, it would really help.

I am trying to make a second abs skill (A bow and arrow) for the game I'm working on. I have the base skill set to be a sword skill that calls on another skill and uses a sword sprite (Just like the original LoZ). I have that set to 'shift', and it works all fine and dandy. However, when I try to do essentially the same thing, but with a longer distance for the arrow, it doesn't work. I have tried setting the keyboard input to ctrl, to caps lock, to b, then I installed the QInput and tried #shift, #b, #B, and #ctrl, and none of them worked. I assume there's something I've simply forgotten to do.

(I have tried putting the skillkeys in the class notes, and it makes no difference.)

9. Xenphir

Xenphir Nature's Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello I am using Qmovement and have a huge issue with the game incorrectly registering the players coordinates. I have an event that tells me my coordinates but it seems to be offset by 1 tile. Is this because the coordinates when using Qmovement are registered to the lowest most left pixel on the character? Is there a way to get the coordinates to register to where the center of the player is or even the top of their head? Is there something in the code I can change in the JS file?

10. definite_lee

definite_lee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does this work with RMMV 1.6+?

11. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

@Xenphir how is your characters look like. Usually you have a collision box for your characters (circle, square or custom polygon). Also for the sprite you define the anchor point in QSprite Editor.

The colision box can use an offset if you feel is not appearing properly on the map.

Can you make a screenshot with your problem?

12. Pegamega

Pegamega Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way for making a radious or a ranged attack because I tried pretty much and nothing worked and on the page with all commands I also couldn't see something?Also what do I need to do if I want to shoot an arrow because I can't really get the distance right and I can't get a animation for it?

13. Pegamega

Pegamega Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do I need to typr in a skill note bix when I want to make a attack that hits every enemy in a certain area?

14. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Villager Member

First Language:
    bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hi everyone! I'm new with all these and wonder is there a tutorial or something how to put this red boxes on the map which prevent the player or the event crossing it, because I've made a parallax map and now when try quasi my character walks everywhere. Thanks.

15. Pegamega

Pegamega Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So is there a way to make a poison effekt that hits the player on the map? I tried to just make a normal poison attack but the player didn't get hurt after time so if there is a way please respond.

16. B-BOT

B-BOT Warper Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I installed QuasiABS, It was cool and all and worked fine.
    But then i wanted to insert a sword swinging animation so that my Main Character would swing their sword with the motion of the arm... But the plugin only allows seperate animations instead of letting my character do the animation. Does anyone know how to do this? Of course i want to make my character swing their sword to the left when they are facing left ect.

17. Pegamega

Pegamega Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I try to make a boss that joins after battle and that the other events are only possible to react with when the boss is dead... And I also try to make that the boss doesn't respawn after re-entering the room. So If you know how to fix this please answer

18. BadLittleSeed

BadLittleSeed 100% Organic, 1000% Evil! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I downloaded the QMV Master Demo, unzipped the file and tried to launch the game.
    I got this error:
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone explain?

Calluses likes this.
  19. Calluses

Calluses Bee Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've never gotten an error like that out of RPG Maker, seems very odd! But seeing the background behind that, I think the problem is probably that you've run the demo without properly installing it. If that's the case, it should be an easy fix.

**Installing Demo:**
    * Open RPG Maker MV
    * Create new project
    * After new project is created, close the new project
    * Copy the files and folders from this Demo folder into the new project and accept to replace files
    * Open project and play test

Hope this helps.

20. BadLittleSeed

BadLittleSeed 100% Organic, 1000% Evil! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ...I am such a derp. Thank you, @Calluses :)

Calluses likes this.