QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Quxios, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Roguedeus

Roguedeus It's never too late to procrastinate... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    After some time utilizing Quasi Params Plus (a long long time), I've stopped due to a design choice I've come to consider a flaw.

All new Parameter adjustments are stored in data objects (indexed for each adjusting objects ID), rather than on each adjusting object themselves (Like a piece of Armor). Thus, if utilizing any individual equipment plugins, changing any new parameter (during play) for one of those objects will change it for all of them. As that adjustment is applied to all objects of the same ID.

This is also the way QParams works. Or I would have simply moved to it.

Keep that in mind if you are considering use.

By the By...
    I've also noticed a considerable performance improvement after abandoning it. Specifically when entering, but also exiting, the Main Menu.

I'd share this with Quxios, if they were still active.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Arise

Arise Veteran Veteran

Are you talking about QParams ?

3. Roguedeus

Roguedeus It's never too late to procrastinate... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks, I forgot I was posting to a plugin collection topic. ;)
    I corrected the mistake.

4. The A-ster

The A-ster Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anybody know how to make an enemy with the notetag <team:1> fight anything with the notetag <team:2> without said enemy's event requiring to be hit first? In other words, instead of an enemy event accidentally attacking the friendly event, is there a way in which the friendly event will automatically attack the enemy, and vice versa?

5. WhiteW

WhiteW The Murderous Clown Veteran

First Language:
    EN/PT
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was making a map with QMovement, then I realised that every wall, no matter if a passable tile is on top, are still impassable! Is there a fix for this?
    [​IMG]

6. DRG

DRG Orange juice lover Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @WhiteW Have you tried putting an event on that tile with "through" checked?

7. WhiteW

WhiteW The Murderous Clown Veteran

First Language:
    EN/PT
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately having Through on would allow the player to also walk all over the walls :(

8. DRG

DRG Orange juice lover Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What if you surround that event with invisible events that have collision (ex: by using an empty frame from an actor sprite sheet) Also you obviously would only put this on the walls that surround the event. not the floor

9. terwilliker

terwilliker Veteran Veteran

Has anyone worked much with the qPathfind? I cannot seem to get Smart2 to work... I mean, the event goes to where it is supposed to and then immediately walks back straight down until they hit a wall. Smart1 stops when blocked but then never restarts. I'm actually getting the effect I want without any of the smarts but just checking.

On the plus side I hacked this in https://github.com/caseylutz/KCL-MV/blob/master/KCL_FindEventByName.js so I can refer to my events by their names instead of their numbers... like "qPathfind ePersonSupport1 towards eChair1". I wish more plugins supported event name lookup. Digging up the event id numbers makes the code hard to read.

10. MasterofRevels

MasterofRevels Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone know if it is possible to give the sprite an attack animation based on which direction it is facing? Not an external "swish" or explosion animation but actually animate the sprite itself with a sword swinging animation. I have the animated frames already but I can't figure out how to get this plugin to play them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

11. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You'll need the graphics for it, but if you have QSprite and QABS you can define the sprite animations yourself and use them in the skill notetags.

12. MasterofRevels

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome that's good to hear! Thanks :)

I have the graphics already but I've been unsure how to use them with QSprite. The idle and move animations were easy to get working but is there a different method for getting QSprite to recognize attack animation? Can I name the pose something like "attack" and select the different directions in the same way as idle?

13. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Name the pose, and then in the skill have the tag "user pose [name]". For instance, "user pose atk". The name has to be the same as the pose name in the QSprite editor, minus the directional numbers (so if you have atk2, atk4, atk6, and atk8, you'd still just put "user pose atk").

14. MasterofRevels

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok so I created a config called MAAatk with a separate pose for each direction (atk2, atk8, etc.) Do I put the sprite sheet in the img/characters folder or the img/animations folder? And to get the animation to play do I just go into the skills menu for the basic attack and where it says "user pose" replace it with "user pose MAAatk?

15. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You put it in img/characters. And yeah, that sounds right. Not sure if having them as separate sprites works or if you have to have it as one large spritesheet, but beyond that it sounds right.

16. MasterofRevels

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I got it working!!! So every pose has to be located on the same sprite sheet it seems?

Thanks for your help!

17. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I think in order for it to work all the poses for a character have to be on the same sheet. Otherwise it probably won't be able to function properly.

MasterofRevels likes this.
  18. MasterofRevels

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I have everything working splendidly now, but I've run into another difficulty. Is it possible to play a dying pose once a character is killed?

19. AnimusDraconis

AnimusDraconis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I am just getting back into RPG Maker but IIRC I solved this by calling an event on death/0HP that changed my character into a separate sprite, lying on the ground face-up with a few little blood smears. I was using an ABS system and it worked like a charm.

20. AcetheSuperVillain

AcetheSuperVillain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    American
    Hello, I'm using QMovement's gridless motion to do some pre-rendered 3D stuff. Does anyone know if there's any jump plugins that work well with QMovement? I saw that QABS has a jump function, but I don't want a whole ABS. I tried Galv's and Yanfly's jump, but it only works sporadically, I think it only activates if the character is already aligned to the grid.