QPlugins - Latest: QABS

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Hello, I'm using QMovement's gridless motion to do some pre-rendered 3D stuff. Does anyone know if there's any jump plugins that work well with QMovement? I saw that QABS has a jump function, but I don't want a whole ABS. I tried Galv's and Yanfly's jump, but it only works sporadically, I think it only activates if the character is already aligned to the grid.
I was kinda looking for the same. Also tried Galv and Yanfly and those didn't work. Also found this plugin, while it seems to work it ahs some bugs of its own: https://highplainsdesignstudio.com/journal/hpds-jump-plugin-for-rpg-maker-mv/

But Is there a jump function in QABS? Does it allow to jump over an impassable tile? I haven't managed to figure that out then, can you (or anyone) help me a bit with how I can set up this type of jump with QABS?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
But Is there a jump function in QABS? Does it allow to jump over an impassable tile? I haven't managed to figure that out then, can you (or anyone) help me a bit with how I can set up this type of jump with QABS?
Maybe not, I did a search for "jump" on Q's webpage and it showed up in the QABS doc. But it looks like that "jump" is something to do with skills, I don't know if it would work for jumping as movement.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Maybe not, I did a search for "jump" on Q's webpage and it showed up in the QABS doc. But it looks like that "jump" is something to do with skills, I don't know if it would work for jumping as movement.
I think so too. i'll give it a quick try though. A real smart jump system lke Yanfly's would be an asset for QABS though, even more so since Yanfly's plugin isn't compatible.

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to bind the Qaudio to a self command? I wish to make audio from spawned events from galv's spawn plugin.

Multodi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so i am in a real bind, ive tried all night to figure out how to get my collision map to work for the game map. can someone for the love of god please redirect me to the right link to learn how to put it together or please explain to me what to do to make the first correct steps on doing a collision map for a parallax map.

MasterofRevels

Music Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am just getting back into RPG Maker but IIRC I solved this by calling an event on death/0HP that changed my character into a separate sprite, lying on the ground face-up with a few little blood smears. I was using an ABS system and it worked like a charm.
Hmm that sounds like it might do the trick! Do you remember how you did it? :D

Zelta1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, thanks for your awesome plugins.

Qtouch works for me fine on test, but doesnt after publish:
Mouse icons does not change, the original remains.

sorry my english.
could you help me?

Zelta1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, thanks for your awesome plugins.

Qtouch works for me fine on test, but doesnt after publish:
Mouse icons does not change, the original remains.

sorry my english.
could you help me?

If you publish the game selecting "exclude unused files", not work, the original mousse icon remains
if not, the mouse icons changes.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey everyone, hope this isn't a necro...
So, I a few months ago updated my windows from 8.1 to 10, and recently when I tried using the QSprite Editor... it didn't work properly. Oh, it can open projects, edit the qsprite files and all... but the sample image, that thing that let us see what we are doing? yeah, I lick the button but the image doesn't open.
It didn't work on the version of the editor I had. Tried downloading it again, to see if an updated version might work. Same deal. Tried setting it to compatibility mode, no dice either.

Now, when I downloaded the 32 bit version it is working perfectly... but my computer is 64 bits.

So, if anyone else is having the same problem I am, if your pc is 64 bits try to use the 32 bits version anyway.

[EDIT] So, after trying to use it again, it seems the "fix by using 32-bit version" was a one-time deal, it is not working anymore either,

Last edited:

Slides

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, so Ive been using QABS for a week or two and after messing around with the notetags ive been furiously trying to make a hookshot type weapon like in moghunter's chrono ABS but to no avail. I've gotten close by using the skill notetags to create a collision box that flies out from the player, then back to him with simple move commands, but the system is still flawed in the way I set it so that it teleports the player when the hook collides with an event (that I set as an enemy). If anyone could help me or perhaps if someone has already figured out how to make a hookshot in QABS i would greatly appreciate it, as the first level of my game utilizes the hookshot. Thank you, I hope this thread isnt dead.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Slides don't use QABS myself, but you said you make the user teleport... why not make the user's "through" on so it basses through obstacles then use QPathfinding to move them fast to the ending position?

And, if anyone could help me with my problem with QSprite's editor, would be a great help...

nintendowii111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd GREATLY appreciate help with making a simple enemy that shoots only in 1 direction. I'm making a dungeon and want fireballs shot in a single direction. I tried turning the AI off but that causes the event to do NOTHING at all. Please help ;)

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, are there any available help files or examples I can use to do some more research on the QABS plugin? thanks

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is the site that has all of the plugins' formatted help files (https://quxios.github.io/plugins), there are other people's messages in this thread, there is the help section for QABS itself, and failing that there is the actual code of QABS itself.

Bridgeman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Does anyone know if there's tutorials to use QMap Editor? The help button in the program itself really doesn't explain it very well. I know how to make map objects, but what about everything else? How do I make the scenery? Grass etc?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recently gave someone a tutorial on how to use QMap. If you want, I could upload my tutorial here (on the forum, not on this thread).
It was more of a tutorial on how to make maps in my style/way, but perhaps you would still find it helpful?

Arise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes, sure, can't wait and learn new things!

Mimikyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I just started using QMovement and it has made all of my action button trigger events can't be activated. When the plugin is switched off they work fine but with the plugin on it doesn't work. this only affects events that are on top of tiles with collision, which is how I do most events. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Will be revealing my project to the forum soon.
Ohboi, I'mma learning how to mix/sing better warming up (by singing game songs) for eventually singing my team's game's main theme. (Plus singing for my Patrons XD)
For anyone using my Extended Generator, would you like a discord server where you can exchange ideas, help, suggestions and news about the development ?
My gf got Addicted by making Momochi!
Meet Foochi the Buttout Ghost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isabelx10