QPlugins - Latest: QABS

Mimikyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in the tileset menu you can change the collision?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mimikyu you see in the help file where it explains how there is a default, collision and interaction box you can set?
give them a larger interaction box, larger enough it can be used outside the place they are added to.

Mimikyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy what size should I make the event collider? and do I use offset? I tried messing around with the height width and x y settings but no matter what I did it only moved the collision slightly to the right for some reason???

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mimikyu depends on how far you want the player to be to be able to activate them.
from what you said the events are on top of a blocked tile, that is usually a 48x48 tile. An event usually has a "blocking" collision smaller but exactly the same of "interaction", meaning that by default the only reach they would have is if the player is inside the tile... which they can't be because it is impassable.
So they need to have an interaction of more than 48x48, the more the more space there is for them to be interactable with.

Mimikyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy how do I fix the issue of the collision box moving in some other direction when I resize it? It's never centered.

Psyche Radio

PsyRad
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Posting here because I don't know if I'm dumb and I didn't look hard enough or if this is an actual bug.
After finding out that JavaHut's Audio Manager was not up to date, I decided to switch to QAudio cause, well it sounded just as nice and had the same functions. However, testing it out, the plugin not only lags my game badly (independent from map size, file size or amount of plugins, checked all) and stacks the audio, making it unbareable to listen to and eventually (about 5 seconds later), my game crashes straight to desktop.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mimikyu use a negative value on ox, it'll move it to the left.

@Rainbowz4 how are you creating the QAudios?
They are created in an "once per plugin command" basis, so if you don't put them in different ids (not sure what happens if you repeat ids either) they are all a new audio being run. So if you are not using ids and the plugin commands are being made through a parallel process that doesn't stop doing them after the first run... well,new audios are being created, and played, each frame, usually 60 frames per second...

Psyche Radio

PsyRad
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy Oh yeah, thanks, putting 'Erase Event' after the plugin command solved the problem, so yay.

Ninjam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I feel like I'm missing something obvious with QABS, but....

How do you use states? I can apply them just fine, but they seem to last forever with no time limit.

Do I need to write a plugin that will allow me to add timers to the states? I'm no beginner to coding, but I'm not the best coder, and I'm new to working with RPGmaker's code and not sure where to start to do that.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what the help section says about states:
Code:
 ============================================================================
 ## States
 To have a state affect the characters move speed use:
 ~~~
 <moveSpeed:X>
 ~~~
 Set X to the value to modify the move speed by. Can be negative.

To disable a characters actions, use the following notetag. When disabled
 the character can't use any skills until the state is removed.
 ~~~
 <stun>

~~~
In addition, I highly recommend looking at the QABS demo, as it shows some things that the help section may not show. If memory serves, it's something to do with removing a state by walking.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what the help section says about states:
Code:
## States
To have a state affect the characters move speed use:
~~~
<moveSpeed:X>
~~~
Set X to the value to modify the move speed by. Can be negative.

To disable a characters actions, use the following notetag. When disabled
the character can't use any skills until the state is removed.
~~~
<stun>

~~~
In addition, I highly recommend looking at the QABS demo, as it shows some things that the help section may not show. If memory serves, it's something to do with removing a state by walking.
I've been doing states that are set via a common event, a skill that applies a state runs a common event that turns on a switch. that switch triggers another common event, which runs parallel, applies the state, then begins a wait period. at the end of the wait period, the state is removed and the switch turned off.

Ninjam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been doing states that are set via a common event, a skill that applies a state runs a common event that turns on a switch. that switch triggers another common event, which runs parallel, applies the state, then begins a wait period. at the end of the wait period, the state is removed and the switch turned off.
The problem with that sort of approach is that it's not really scalable. Having multiple common events per state is fine when you're only tracking 2-3, but falls apart if you want a few different types of poisons, sleep, stuns, etc. Not to mention that I can't seem to find a way to remove a state from an enemy when you apply one.

I saw the help file, and that's part of what led me to post here. A stun state is nice.... But apply it to an enemy and they will never attack you again, not quite working as intended.

I'll check out the demo again for sure! I don't remember seeing walking stuff in it before, but that was almost a year ago before I started my current project!

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem with that sort of approach is that it's not really scalable. Having multiple common events per state is fine when you're only tracking 2-3, but falls apart if you want a few different types of poisons, sleep, stuns, etc. Not to mention that I can't seem to find a way to remove a state from an enemy when you apply one.

I saw the help file, and that's part of what led me to post here. A stun state is nice.... But apply it to an enemy and they will never attack you again, not quite working as intended.

I'll check out the demo again for sure! I don't remember seeing walking stuff in it before, but that was almost a year ago before I started my current project!
you don't need to checkout the demo, look in the states tab, there is literally an option to remove while walking, and you can set the number of steps.

Ninjam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
you don't need to checkout the demo, look in the states tab, there is literally an option to remove while walking, and you can set the number of steps.
I... can't believe I never noticed that before! That's a great start, thanks!

MARS3993

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugins

Reporting bugs/errors/crashes

When you find a bug / get an error or crash. Report it here or as a github issue [ https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo/issues ]. I would prefer github because it's easier to track. When reporting include the error that it shows on the console log (push F8 to open the console) not the error that shows on the game! Also include any extra information that lead you to that crash so it will be easier to recreate.

Terms
Free to use for commerical and non-commerical projects. More information at: https://github.com/quxios/QMV-Master-Demo#terms-of-use-for-non-commercial-and-commercial
I attempted to use the plugins in screenshot 1 and the messages in screenshots 2 and 3 showed up help please

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshot 3 tells you what the problem is. You need to have QPlus.

Mimikyu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Waterguy no matter what values I change it doesn't move properly. I change the value by 2 and it moves 3 pixels?? how do you get this thing to work?

even if I did get it to work I would run into more problems with the event collision box obstructing where you're supposed to work. this plugin is fundementally flawed and I won't bother trying to use it.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mimikyu there are the default, collision and interaction boxes that you can set differently. changing the position of the interaction box shouldn't the one of the collision box as long as you set them separately.
And as it is a plugin, you can't visualize the changes unless you test it with the "show collision through a colored box" option turned on. You'll have to plan it in your head, put the values and test if it is right where you wanted.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiyeee. Wondering if there's a Qsprite Editor installation for dummies anywhere? I don't quite understand how to install Electron.

(I'm on a mac so can't use the pre-build .exe)

Last edited:

emperpep

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've encountered this bug quite often in my game, and I feel like it was related to QABS
I wonder if someone know what causes this?

this.wait is not a function

Playtesters tried to press F8 but it won't show any log at all, It can only display error log when playtested on the source file itself. :(

file.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It was at 3am Pacific May 25 that Skynet was created. And it came in the form of a messenger plugin so powerful it now runs my randomizer and does it better than the randomizer itself did. What have I created? :kaoback:
Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
Im so glad that im into 16/32bit games because i'd never be able to create any assets for something more complex :p
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.
Another screenshot from my 3D RMMV project, this time from an inside map:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camthao