QPlugins - Latest: QABS

TheSlyder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Qspeed to try to create acceleration/deceleration when starting and stopping with standard movement (Not dashing). Is this something that can be accomplished? So far I've only seen the acceleration apply to dashing. I think the more challenging part would be slowing to a stop since it would require movement to continue for several frames after the button is released.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I know that getting official support is impossible nowadays, but I thought it may be worth a shot checking if anyone else managed to modify QMovement so that the diagonal movement is a different speed than the straight movement.
I've been trying to modify the code at points, and while it was no work whatsoever to isolate the diagonal speed determination, the problem so far has been storing the original speed in a global variable so the straight movement function's speed isn't influenced.

Anyone have any ideas here?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, you may need to combine it with the... I think is was QSpeed?

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
well, you may need to combine it with the... I think is was QSpeed?
QSpeed gives you finer control over base actor speeds. It has no functionality that specifically influences only the diagonal movement speed, sadly.
What I need here is figuring out how modify the code here so *only* the diagonal speed gets influenced.
The closest I got would still keep the actor's movement speed at sqrt(this.moveSpeed*2) for all movement after the first diagonal step.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fragmentedbergyo the thing is, QSpeed gives you control over speeds. QMovement gives you control over movement. Neither does both. So you'll need both to make something that mixes them.
like, add a check to QSpeed's speed calculation with a ternary so if it is doing diagonal movement multiplies the speed by 0.75 and if not by 1. that would cause a 25% slowdown if the value is constantly checked. if not, you may need to make a small extension to add that.

I would check for you how to do it, but honestly just spent hours through the night trying, and failing, to make an updated build of QSpriteEditor, because the original one isn't showing the preview images on my computer, so I am kind not in the mood to mess with code right now.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@fragmentedbergyo the thing is, QSpeed gives you control over speeds. QMovement gives you control over movement. Neither does both. So you'll need both to make something that mixes them.
like, add a check to QSpeed's speed calculation with a ternary so if it is doing diagonal movement multiplies the speed by 0.75 and if not by 1. that would cause a 25% slowdown if the value is constantly checked. if not, you may need to make a small extension to add that.

I would check for you how to do it, but honestly just spent hours through the night trying, and failing, to make an updated build of QSpriteEditor, because the original one isn't showing the preview images on my computer, so I am kind not in the mood to mess with code right now.
Firstly, thank you very much for taking your time here and helping me out, I really do appreciate it. No rush, I have time, so please get some well-deserved rest.
That being said, I skimmed over the code, and while it's very useful in general, in this case the same control can be attained by just changing the in-built _moveSpeed variable.
Which is the easy step. The part I'm struggling with is reverting to the original speed.

The Game_CharacterBase.prototype.moveDiagonally function has the following segment:
Code:
    this._moveSpeed = originalSpeed;
    if (!this.isMovementSucceeded() && this.smartMove() > 1) {
      if (this.canPixelPass(this._px, this._py, horz)) {
        this.moveStraight(horz);
      } else if (this.canPixelPass(this._px, this._py, vert)) {
        this.moveStraight(vert);
      }
As I understand it, this serves to check if the movement is possible and then executes it. Modifying this._moveSpeed = originalSpeed; into this._moveSpeed = Math.sqrt(originalSpeed*2); does the trick, but I assumed I can just add a this._moveSpeed = originalSpeed; at the end of the major if loop and it'd revert the movement speed to the original one after the initial diagonal movement is executed.
Instead it softlocks you.
I know I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about the code here, and I simply cannot find it.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
add an extra boolean check to the check if going diagonal? so if you are walking diagonal you change the speed and turn the boolean true, and if you are not but the boolean is true you set it back?

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
add an extra boolean check to the check if going diagonal? so if you are walking diagonal you change the speed and turn the boolean true, and if you are not but the boolean is true you set it back?
I tried it with this._diagonal, this.moveDiagonally, and by checking if direction is an odd number, but had no luck so far.
I'm not 100% whichfunction in the scriptwould be a good spot to try inserting a check in.

Trogalyte

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English lol
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I turn off QMovement, and I CAN walk across bridges, what do I need to change to allow me to walk across water/bridges? im so confused

When I have Q Movement on, I walk up to a bridge and I can walk across, Idk if its the water that I cant pass or if i cant actually the bridge

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I turn off QMovement, and I CAN walk across bridges, what do I need to change to allow me to walk across water/bridges? im so confused

When I have Q Movement on, I walk up to a bridge and I can walk across, Idk if its the water that I cant pass or if i cant actually the bridge
It is the water. QMovement creates colliders automatically for the unpassable tiles, like the water ones. Normal mv would consider the passable ones of the bridge over the water take over, but...

You'll need one of the other plugins to be able to make an opening on the colliders there. I'm not sure which is which right now, but I think Collider Map is the one you can code the coliders and Collision Map is the one you can use an image to set them?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a Qplugin that lets you create region colliders, and if you set a certain set of parameters to 0 it becomes completely passable. Then you put that region over the place you want to walk on. It's called QM+RegionColliders.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ah right, there is that one too, forgot about it. less precise than the others, but less work too.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, QM+CollisionMap is what I usually use (since it is a rare occassion when I don't use QMap). They both have their uses though. QM+RegionCollider means you don't need to create images for the collision, QM+CollisionMap lets you have more freedom with how your collision looks/works.

aztodio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using QMap and QSqprite and they work wonder for my game. However I can't use them to edit, add more frames, animations of the battlers's sprites. Which plugin I can use that's compatible with QPlus?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looking at the code a bit it seems like QSprite was supposed to be made compatible with battlers too.
but since it isn't, or at least the help file doesn't explain it, I think any plugin to affect the battle only should work.

The only one that comes to mind is Yami's though, the more recent version I know of is 1.50? maybe there are newer ones though. But maybe there are more, if you find any I'd be glad if you told us.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, curious one.

I'm using QABS and I've been checking framerates to check for lags. Usually I'm a steady 60fps.

However when engaging with an enemy, my framerate drops to 12 fps. I think it is during skill animation playback.

It's a constant 12 fps, so it must be by design or measurement, surely. It's always 12, not any other number.

Now my first thought is perhaps the frame rate is showing the frame rate of the skill animations, if that's a quirk of RPG Maker?

However it does seem noticably slow at the same time.

Again normally I'm fine, it's only when I encounter an enemy. Has anyone encountered this before?

Resolved. Solution: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/qplugins-latest-qabs.73023/post-1053699

Last edited:

Kenode

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to expand on it to add new features, using the included demo to set it up, and I haven't noticed any notable slow downs yet. I haven't gotten into the animation part or making new skills yet, though. It's a shame the plugin is no longer in development, because it feels like it wasn't finished. I can't find any other ABS systems that really do it for me.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have managed to pinpoint exactly what is causing the lag - it is ranged skills where a graphic is displayed and shot across the screen. I'll try and get to the bottom of why that is.

I have also found that while in Firefox the game drops to a static 12 FPS during the skill, in Edge, the game just crashes and refreshes.

Yes it's a shame this isn't under dev any more. I have a few things I would like to add to it, so I will be modding it a considerable amount. I might share what I make but I wouldn't be able to offer much support for that or this.

Edit:

Resolved.

Turns out that the skill was asking for the QSprite animation "use_bow", which exists for the player but not for this particular enemy.

Instead of firing an error, turns out the game just lags uncontrollably.

I have no idea why this resulted in a constant 12fps.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
probably was sending the error messages to the console but, unlike most other problems without finding a file, was still running the game.
most other plugins when something like this happen show a message, you press the button, then a few secs later show the message again. or don't show the button and you have to restart the game.
I personally find this a better solution. harder to fix, true, you need to notice the slowdown yourself, but at least still the game itself working so you can test other things too.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi guys, does anyone know how I would make the player use a skill in QABS from a common event instead of a hotkey, basically what I'm doing is triggering a skill which calls a common event. From that common event I'm running Yanfly's skill choice on map plugin, from that plugin I want to make the actor used the selected skill.

This is the code to use a skill from an event.
var chara = this.character();
chara.useSkill(2);

But I have no clue how to apply that to a common event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.
BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeofblades